+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
I got my COPR but the expiry on it is 2 months. I can't travel out of US as there are no Visa Stamping Slots available currently. What can be done in this scenario, can i write to ircc to extend the dates ? I was assuming they will be providing the expiry dates of around 6 months to 1year.
COPR validity is until the medical expiry or passport expiry, whichever comes first.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I hope you're right, but it's terribly slow !

A friend of mine called IRCC call center from Canada about my file.... they told him it's in final stage,
What does it mean exactly... I have no clue !
I would like to think that its almost approved. All the best.

Reactions: Tahhi

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
Hi everyone. Request some advice for my situation -

My COPR and PRV had expired in 2020. In November 2021, I received an extension, which said that I should apply for fresh COPR and PRV. What is the process to apply for fresh COPR and PRV? I checked with vfs but they are not aware of this process. I have raised a query on the webform too but no reply yet. The extension is about to expire and I'm very worried.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi everyone. Request some advice for my situation -

My COPR and PRV had expired in 2020. In November 2021, I received an extension, which said that I should apply for fresh COPR and PRV. What is the process to apply for fresh COPR and PRV? I checked with vfs but they are not aware of this process. I have raised a query on the webform too but no reply yet. The extension is about to expire and I'm very worried.

Any advice would be very helpful.
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here, I could be misreading too. If the copr expires then you need to apply for a fresh copr, which would mean repeating the entire process.

You say you received an extension, till when was the extension granted? Did you receive a document to the effect, any email communication ?

a bit more details about your situation might be helpful to advice you.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi All,
Does anyone know how long it will take for processing PR Landing in Vancouver? I have a 4 hour stop over at Vancouver before my next connecting flight to Toronto. Would that be enough? I'll be landing at around 2pm on a Friday, so wondering if the 4 hour stop over should be sufficient.
Anybody with experience, please advice.
Thanks

Last edited:

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Arrived in Canada on 28th Feb as a PR. Wanted to share my journey if it helps others. Although, I am already forgetting some specifics here and there.

Had a negative PCR test within 72 hours of my connecting flight (Delhi-Dubai-Toronto). Flight check-in asked me to show the negative test, vaccination proof and ArriveCan Receipt. Delhi immigration was smooth, all they asked me was why I was going to Canada. For security check pretty much had to take out all electronics from my laptop bag including chargers. Had no issues at the stopover in Dubai either (1.5 hours).

Arrived in Toronto and they have kiosks set up where you scan your travel document (in my case passport) and answer questions (including declaration). Everyone who landed had to go through this so had to wait. You get a receipt based on your answers. You take it and then wait again in a queue to talk to a customs officer. You show them the receipt and any other documents they ask for (I think I only had to show my passport and CoPR to them). I don't remember what he asked me, but was likely something straightforward. He put a pink sticker on my passport and directed me where to go next.

Next, went through immigration. Had to wait a bit again. The officer took my CoPR, asked me questions (any criminal record etc.), asked me to write down my address in Canada (I had given my friend's address for PR card delivery) on both the copies and to sign at 3 spots on each. He also asked me how much money I was carrying. Needed to provide a number even when I was carrying less than 10000. He wrote that number on my CoPR as well. Didn't ask me anything else. Took the CoPR copy with my photo, stamped my passport and that was it. Make sure to keep the kiosk receipt and your CoPR copy with you. By the looks of it, that officer was new to this (someone else was answering some of his questions regarding handling some information for other people before my turn came up). Highly possible things would be different for a different/seasoned officer.

Next, went to get my bags. Collected them with ease and was about to exit the area. But a person was checking the kiosk receipt and based on that allowing us to exit the area. He stopped me for a second and asked me what food I was bringing (I had declared that). I had listed some of the items (standard stuff that's allowed). He asked me if I had any stuff like ghee, I said no and he let me leave. A very quick exchange, but the receipt is important. Keep it with you.

When leaving, because I had a pink sticker on my passport, I had to get a test done there (there were people directing us to the right place). It was free and had to create an account on the Switch Health app. I had already done this before leaving (within 72 hours) so didn't have to wait. They took my details, gave me a kit, I took the kit to the nurse's station they had set up in the same area, the nurse collected a sample and that was it. They gave me no information regarding quarantine or anything. Since I am fully-vaccinated and new rules started on the 28th itself, it wouldn't have impacted me anyways.

I left the airport soon after that. You can get a Presto card and even a SIM card before leaving. I didn't get the SIM there, though. Also, I asked about getting my SIN at the airport and was told that's not possible currently.

Hopefully, I covered everything (or at least what I recall).

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Arrived in Canada on 28th Feb as a PR. Wanted to share my journey if it helps others. Although, I am already forgetting some specifics here and there.

Had a negative PCR test within 72 hours of my connecting flight (Delhi-Dubai-Toronto). Flight check-in asked me to show the negative test, vaccination proof and ArriveCan Receipt. Delhi immigration was smooth, all they asked me was why I was going to Canada. For security check pretty much had to take out all electronics from my laptop bag including chargers. Had no issues at the stopover in Dubai either (1.5 hours).

Arrived in Toronto and they have kiosks set up where you scan your travel document (in my case passport) and answer questions (including declaration). Everyone who landed had to go through this so had to wait. You get a receipt based on your answers. You take it and then wait again in a queue to talk to a customs officer. You show them the receipt and any other documents they ask for (I think I only had to show my passport and CoPR to them). I don't remember what he asked me, but was likely something straightforward. He put a pink sticker on my passport and directed me where to go next.

Next, went through immigration. Had to wait a bit again. The officer took my CoPR, asked me questions (any criminal record etc.), asked me to write down my address in Canada (I had given my friend's address for PR card delivery) on both the copies and to sign at 3 spots on each. He also asked me how much money I was carrying. Needed to provide a number even when I was carrying less than 10000. He wrote that number on my CoPR as well. Didn't ask me anything else. Took the CoPR copy with my photo, stamped my passport and that was it. Make sure to keep the kiosk receipt and your CoPR copy with you. By the looks of it, that officer was new to this (someone else was answering some of his questions regarding handling some information for other people before my turn came up). Highly possible things would be different for a different/seasoned officer.

Next, went to get my bags. Collected them with ease and was about to exit the area. But a person was checking the kiosk receipt and based on that allowing us to exit the area. He stopped me for a second and asked me what food I was bringing (I had declared that). I had listed some of the items (standard stuff that's allowed). He asked me if I had any stuff like ghee, I said no and he let me leave. A very quick exchange, but the receipt is important. Keep it with you.

When leaving, because I had a pink sticker on my passport, I had to get a test done there (there were people directing us to the right place). It was free and had to create an account on the Switch Health app. I had already done this before leaving (within 72 hours) so didn't have to wait. They took my details, gave me a kit, I took the kit to the nurse's station they had set up in the same area, the nurse collected a sample and that was it. They gave me no information regarding quarantine or anything. Since I am fully-vaccinated and new rules started on the 28th itself, it wouldn't have impacted me anyways.

I left the airport soon after that. You can get a Presto card and even a SIM card before leaving. I didn't get the SIM there, though. Also, I asked about getting my SIN at the airport and was told that's not possible currently.

Great !! That's seems very smooth. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes for your new beginning. :)

Reactions: sj17

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019

Thankyou for this. Wishing you all the best.

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021

Thank you

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020

Thanks for this!! Will be going through the same process hopefully in a months time.
Quick question, any reason why they put a pink sticker on your Passport? Do you know if its random?
Also, good info that they aren't doing SIN at the airport.

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Quick question, any reason why they put a pink sticker on your Passport? Do you know if its random?
It's either a pink sticker or a green sticker. It's random but can't say if there's any bias or not.

Maybe they are more likely to test people from certain countries. I am from India, and I think there were cases of people trying to present fake vaccine certificates/test reports at some point in the past or maybe in the past people arriving from certain countries were tested positive more than other countries, so they test people from those countries more often.

I vaguely remember that the immigration officer had only pink stickers on his table when it was my turn. Could be he only went through a certain color at a time, could be he had only pink ones and a different officer had only green.

Who knows. But for all intents and purposes, it's random.

If random testing is still going on before you arrive, I would suggest keep wearing masks and follow social distancing 2-3 weeks before your flight, if possible, to stay safe. I had a COVID scare in my family a month before my flight. So, I had regular tests as well to just keep track. This was my 3rd attempt because of the lockdowns. Didn't want to risk anything :)

Reactions: Titanium

bharathk89

Dec 7, 2019
Hi,
You’ll need to prepare a different packet for each applicant. For EACH packet the following need to be included:
1. Passport
2. Height and eye color of the passport holder (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5455b.pdf)
3. Passport request letter (IRCC)
4. VFS consent form (will be included in the confirmation email from VFS after payment)
5. Courier & SMS form (will be included in the confirmation email from VFS after payment)
6. 2 photos as per the specifications in passport request letter. ONE of the photos should have the stamp of the photo studio at the back + date of clicking the photo + name of the person + date of birth
It means that we have to mail 2 packages for the main applicant and the dependent right.? and pay 2 two-way couriers and 2 transmission fees, correct.?