+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I did sign up for the session. They generally have a generic group session first, post which there is a one on one session. Here they will assess how prepared you are for Canada (employment, housing, education, etc) and will guide you to the settlement agency based on which Province you decide to land. Most of it, is already available on the interenet, but no harm listening to it, I feel. Its not a bad session, especially since in the generic session, you do get an opportunity to network with people.
Oh great, good to know, i guess i will try it out too since we are just passing time and waiting for COPR extensions.

Reactions: Copernicus

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hi,
I have recently raised webform saying I am ready to travel (done both for IRCC and IRCC new delhi). New DELHI OFFICE routed me back to IRCC webform. I am curious to know if anyone had a delay in response from IRCC when they have raised ready to travel webform.? Are they giving COPR extension from India?

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Hi,
I have recently raised webform saying I am ready to travel (done both for IRCC and IRCC new delhi). New DELHI OFFICE routed me back to IRCC webform. I am curious to know if anyone had a delay in response from IRCC when they have raised ready to travel webform.? Are they giving COPR extension from India?
I raised this Mon, NDVO redirected to IRCC. No acknowledgement from IRCC yet.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,
One on this thread had received ETA from NDVO recently and successfully landed in Canada. Just be patient ;)

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
One on this thread had received ETA from NDVO recently and successfully landed in Canada. Just be patient ;)
Sorry, but if I can correctly recollect, It's always been a friend's friend who got the travel authorization letter. We haven't found a single active direct friend on this forum (from India) who has received it.

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Sorry, but if I can correctly recollect, It's always been a friend's friend who got the travel authorization letter. We haven't found a single active direct friend on this forum (from India) who has received it.
Yeah sorry, it was not NDVO. I just re read the post again. However, on brighter side NDVO has tweeted again yesterday to raise ready to travel webform if you are travelling to settle.

Reactions: hinavin

RahulBatra

Aug 25, 2020
Hello everyone

I am in deep trouble and concerned for my PR.
COPR was issued on 20th March 2020, which is after the specified date of 18th March 2020.
COPR will expire on 30th august 2020 which is just 3 days from now.
I have connected with the border agency in Canada and they told me if you have valid COPR and you land in Canada you will be permitted to come in.
I spoke with all airlines which fly from Delhi to Toronto and Air India and Air Canada are allowing me to travel to Canada.
IRCC is not giving any response, and more importantly no response from the Canadian Embassy in Delhi.

Is there anybody else who is on the same boat?
I am very confused and concerned, much needed help will be appreciated.

Reactions: Copernicus

bks1988

Jan 31, 2020
Hello everyone

COPR was issued on 20th March 2020, which is after the specified date of 18th March 2020.
I have connected with the border agency in Canada and they told me if you have valid COPR and you land in Canada you will be permitted to come in.
I spoke with all airlines which fly from Delhi to Toronto and Air India and Air Canada are allowing me to travel to Canada.
IRCC is not giving any response, and more importantly no response from the Canadian Embassy in Delhi.

I am sure there are many in the same boat. However, I really doubt that Canada Border Agency will let you in given that IRCC has been stressing and been consistent on the 18th Mar boundary line on all mediums of communication. However, if you have a written proof (mail exchange, etc) with CBSA you can try your luck. I would not expect NDVO to open their mouth.

It will be a miracle if you do but then miracles can only happen if you take enough calculated risk.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hello everyone

Hey,

Are you saying that CBSA told you that you would be permitted in with the COPR you have?

I am keen to know how things progress in your case since my COPR is from March 21 and expires in September. Have you booked flight tickets already?

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Hello everyone

Hello

In the same boat and would love to know what how you are handling this. I had tweeted to IRCC asking them what are people in our situation to do if our COPR expires and I got no useful info from them. They basically just reiterated the restrictions for folks in our boat and asked us to wait for the next course of action. But no concrete answer was given - as to what we are to do once the COPR expires.

I really hope you get an answer soon! Good luck!

Regards!

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
For anyone who has received the ETA..approximately how long did it take you??

We have also raised a ready to travel webform (expired COPR) and need to travel in early October. But they r taking so long to reply! We need to book tickets and Make necessary arrangements..which we have mentioned to our visa office and IRCC. Hoping for a quick response...

RahulBatra

Aug 25, 2020
Hello

In the same boat and would love to know what how you are handling this. I had tweeted to IRCC asking them what are people in our situation to do if our COPR expires and I got no useful info from them. They basically just reiterated the restrictions for folks in our boat and asked us to wait for the next course of action. But no concrete answer was given - as to what we are to do once the COPR expires.

I really hope you get an answer soon! Good luck!

Regards!

See that's the thing which is bothering me, the guy on phone told me that in his 20 years career he hasn't seen anybody being sent back from the airport with the valid documents.
But nothing in written can be given, same thing with the airlines they agree to fly but no guarantee of immigration like if officers in India stop me then they don't care.

Is there anybody here with the same scenario and travelling from Delhi?