+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SambaBlue

Mar 6, 2020
Hi Samba,
May i know if all national can get the KLM special flight?Im also in Saudi Arabia and Im planning to do like yours.I'm just waiting for my COPR to be extended.
Hi, yes there were multiple nationalities getting boarded in our KLM flight. We ourselves are non-Saudi's. I would suggest you to contact travel agents - they will inform you about multiple flight options that you can choose that best suits you. Also note that they are also aware of those flights that are 100% confirmed. Because these are all special flights and have tendency for cancellation on frequent basis.

SambaBlue

Mar 6, 2020
What is supposed to be listed in the Goods to Follow? As in what you'll be shipping later on or what you've already taken with you?
Goods to Follow relates to those items that we would be shipping later. The things that we take with ourselves in this trip will form part of "Goods Accompanying List". If you have already shipped stuff, then you will be asked that question in the very beginning where you scan passports as soon as you land (but you would need to show proof of consignment details etc)

For Goods to Follow list - we simply made a tabular form of all the items that we have in our home along with your CAD value, Make, model no. and Serial Number and added pictures in the front. I personally included all the items - it would be a decision for us later on what to take or what not but at least I got them all custom free in this landing.

Reactions: billufarmer

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am living in Toronto. MY PR approved prior to March and COPR got expired on July . i dint not do my landing due to COVID-19. is there anyone who lives inside canada with my situation and still did not do the landing? Please let me know what is the next step.
And also my current WP is going to expire in Septemeber and filed Bridge WP as well. but no response for that as well.

vikas.trades25

Jan 8, 2019
Hi everyone,
I had my CoPR approved before March 2020 and it expired mid-June 2020. I did not travel earlier due to the pandemic and now I have raised a webform, regarding the next steps to do. I have a valid H-1b visa and staying in US.
I wanted to do a soft landing via land from Buffalo and planning to come the same day. But seeing this thread, it seems they are asking additional documents (Group 4) stating your intention to permanently move to Canada:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

My doubt basically is, that if I dont want to do a permanent move now and looking to only do a soft landing and return back, How long can we wait without it affecting our PR process. Can we ask for an extension. Unclear on many things here.
IRCC basically says to contact back when you plan to come. Can we wait till April or May next year or is that too big of a risk. I would basically look for travel restrictions to be lifted but no one knows when would they do that.
I have already raised a IRCC webform yesterday stating that I plan to travel now unaware of this Group 4 notification. Would this cause any issue?

Thanks

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi All,

I am currently based out of Los Angeles CA which has highest number of cases of Covid-19. I dont feel safe to fly at the moment. I was planning to mention that in my webform request. I would appreciate if anyone can provide any recommendations about how should I word it in the webform.

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi All,

I am currently based out of Los Angeles CA which has highest number of cases of Covid-19. I dont feel safe to fly at the moment. I was planning to mention that in my webform request. I would appreciate if anyone can provide any recommendations about how should I word it in the webform.
Also my COPR is expiring on 1st Oct 2020, so should I raise a webform now as a precaution or wait until my COPR expires?

Nov 30, 2019
Hi Guys, I would like to share my experience.
My PPR was early march and CoPR expiry date was first week of September. We were based in Riyadh and Saudi Arabia has commercial flights suspended from March till now. Only special flights are being operative.

We waited patiently in hope of the travel ban being lifted but nothing came up. Therefore, mid-August we decided to get special flights and move over to Canada - since jobs are still being done on remote basis (so it was not a problem).

We took KLM flight (they had requirement to get Covid-test done not more than 72 hours before the flight). Our flight was 24th early morning. We did our tests on 21st night and got results 22nd early morning.

After landing at Canada Airport on 24th August morning:
1. Immigration Officer (1st):
After getting off from plane, we got to the first screening immigration officer. He looked at our passports and KLM own health screening checks. He inquired us the purpose to which we responded that we are landing first time. He asked us if we have the 14 day quarantine plan ready to which we responded that yes we booked furnished apartment for more than 14 days. He asked if other people were living to which we replied that no one else will live with us in the apartment. He asked how we will manage groceries - to which we responded that we will do online. Then he directed us to go inside to complete the first landing documentation requirement.

2. Immigration Officer (2nd):
It was not crowded but officers took time to process each individual cases. Our turn - it was very smooth. The officer asked us for CoPRs and passports. Checked the details and gave us CoPR client copy to us. Asked us for the permanent address to which PR cards will be delivered. Informed us that normally it took 6 weeks before covid for the cards, now it would be longer. She suggested that it would be better to get PR cards and then leave the country, however, if we need to go before we get the PR card, it is not a problem. In case we want to come back and don't have PR card, we will have to get a visa from embassy in our country and we could come easily. Then we asked if we can get our SIN number from the airport. She checked and responded that ppl from SIN offices are not coming to Airport branch but we can do it easily from anywhere in Canada after our 14 day quarantine. Then she stamped our CoPRs and gave us back our passport. Welcomed us to Canada as Permanent Residents and told us that CoPR would act like PR card for anything that we want to do until we get PR cards.

3. Baggage:
By the time we cleared immigration, our baggage were all there and we collected and proceeded to Customs.

4. Customs:
We went through "To Declare" section and gave Goods accompanying and Goods to Follow list to the Custom Officer. Please make sure you have 2 copies of these lists. We only took one and the poor guy had to do the copy for his record himself. He asked for a permanent address here. We gave him the same address as we gave for the PR cards. It was an address of family friend.

After clearing customs we exited the Airport and got to our place via Uber. This is the latest landing experience. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help out.
Hi there. Thanks for your detailed explanation. I am a fellow Riyadh resident. I have my CoPR till end of February 21. But I am not planning to delay travel further. I have a few questions for you ;
1. How does one go about finding accommodation?
2. How's the weather right now?

Thanks and all the best!

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Hi Guys, I would like to share my experience.
My PPR was early march and CoPR expiry date was first week of September. We were based in Riyadh and Saudi Arabia has commercial flights suspended from March till now. Only special flights are being operative.

We waited patiently in hope of the travel ban being lifted but nothing came up. Therefore, mid-August we decided to get special flights and move over to Canada - since jobs are still being done on remote basis (so it was not a problem).

We took KLM flight (they had requirement to get Covid-test done not more than 72 hours before the flight). Our flight was 24th early morning. We did our tests on 21st night and got results 22nd early morning.

After landing at Canada Airport on 24th August morning:
1. Immigration Officer (1st):
After getting off from plane, we got to the first screening immigration officer. He looked at our passports and KLM own health screening checks. He inquired us the purpose to which we responded that we are landing first time. He asked us if we have the 14 day quarantine plan ready to which we responded that yes we booked furnished apartment for more than 14 days. He asked if other people were living to which we replied that no one else will live with us in the apartment. He asked how we will manage groceries - to which we responded that we will do online. Then he directed us to go inside to complete the first landing documentation requirement.

2. Immigration Officer (2nd):
It was not crowded but officers took time to process each individual cases. Our turn - it was very smooth. The officer asked us for CoPRs and passports. Checked the details and gave us CoPR client copy to us. Asked us for the permanent address to which PR cards will be delivered. Informed us that normally it took 6 weeks before covid for the cards, now it would be longer. She suggested that it would be better to get PR cards and then leave the country, however, if we need to go before we get the PR card, it is not a problem. In case we want to come back and don't have PR card, we will have to get a visa from embassy in our country and we could come easily. Then we asked if we can get our SIN number from the airport. She checked and responded that ppl from SIN offices are not coming to Airport branch but we can do it easily from anywhere in Canada after our 14 day quarantine. Then she stamped our CoPRs and gave us back our passport. Welcomed us to Canada as Permanent Residents and told us that CoPR would act like PR card for anything that we want to do until we get PR cards.

3. Baggage:
By the time we cleared immigration, our baggage were all there and we collected and proceeded to Customs.

4. Customs:
We went through "To Declare" section and gave Goods accompanying and Goods to Follow list to the Custom Officer. Please make sure you have 2 copies of these lists. We only took one and the poor guy had to do the copy for his record himself. He asked for a permanent address here. We gave him the same address as we gave for the PR cards. It was an address of family friend.

After clearing customs we exited the Airport and got to our place via Uber. This is the latest landing experience. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help out.
Are you moving permanently or staying temporarily? If temp, how long do you see yourself staying?

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Hey guys,
Need your suggestion. I've already raised 2 web forms ready to travel with my flight date on 8th Sept with Turkish and accommodation plan with my friend. Now I decided to go with Airbnb as it would be a concrete plan in my opinion for the officer to review with receipts, dates etc.. Secondly, I also plan to book another flight with Air Canada, as AC would be on the same page with Canadian immigration authorities. Is it a good idea to raise the WF with new details as officer will have my previous and new flight details. Looking for your advice. Thanks !
Hi any update on your ETA letter? Also did u cal Turkish airlines and are they accepting expired COPRs and the ETA letter? Are you flying from mumbai and do they need any Covid test or any other requirements while transiting through Turkey? Thanks in advance for any information.

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Guys, with regards to Q plan, if I'm landing at Toronto - where I'll do the landing formalities, and continue to Ottawa by air on the same day - where I'll be in quarantine, will it be an issue since it's two seperate locations?

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi any update on your ETA letter? Also did u cal Turkish airlines and are they accepting expired COPRs and the ETA letter? Are you flying from mumbai and do they need any Covid test or any other requirements while transiting through Turkey? Thanks in advance for any information.
Actually, I gave the proposed travel itiernary for turkish airlines. I haven't heard anything back from IRCC yet even after raising multiple web forms.

Reactions: Craigcaeiro

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Guys, with regards to Q plan, if I'm landing at Toronto - where I'll do the landing formalities, and continue to Ottawa by air on the same day - where I'll be in quarantine, will it be an issue since it's two seperate locations?
You will complete immigration and customs formalities at Toronto so you will be asked about your quarantine plan for Ottawa at the Toronto POE. You must stay airside to join your connecting flight to ottawa

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I did do a Planning for Canada session. It was pretty good. There was a group session(online) where they just talk about Canada in general and cover some basic questions. Following this there was a separate one on one session where one of the facilitators gets in touch with you and you can give them specific queries. They send these queries to one of the settlement groups in Canada(based on the province you plan on moving to) and someone from there will give you a bunch of links and resources you can use to help you with the initial settlement. For someone who has already done a lot of research online on Canada, these resources may not be very useful but for people who haven't done that, this is a good starting point.
Thanks for ur experience i guess i will try it out too since we are just passing time ans waiting for extentions, besides more information is always good.

Reactions: Mumbai2Canada