+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

dd23

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
You don't have to move to Canada right now. You can do a soft landing and return to your country.
Currently soft landings are not allowed for border crossing, you have to indicate permanent settlement along with 14 day quarantine plan.

titu_bd

May 22, 2020
Dear All,

My COPR expired on 27th May.
I raised IRCC by web that i am ready for travel after expired COPR.
I have received email from IRCC and they asked me to share 14days quarantine plan, proof of fund,air ticket etc.
I have shared all the information almost 1 month ago. till now didn't get any response from IRCC.

can you please advice me the next step.

Thanks.

Reactions: Adam261

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Dear All,

I have received email from IRCC and they asked me to share 14days quarantine plan, proof of fund,air ticket etc.
I have shared all the information almost 1 month ago. till now didn't get any response from IRCC.

Thanks.
Call IRCC

rvk123

Sep 20, 2019
Hi, I and my husband are COPR holders issued before 18th of MArch 2020. We wish to travel to toronto via frankfurt with lufthansa airways on June 7th 2020
However wanted to confirm If Lufthansa Airways allows COPR holders to travel on the frankfurt = toronto flight!! please put some light if anyone has any information.
Thankyou
Hi Pooja.,
Were you able to travel on Lufthansa? Info would help me as I ve scheduled to travel for 18th Aug.

tortortor

Feb 1, 2020
Folks I landed in Toronto safely on 28th via Qatar airways...and now under quarantine. The whole journey was very smooth..although very tiring. My route was Bom-Del-Doha-Tor.Bombay to Delhi the middle seats were vacant in Vistara. At Delhi airport they will let you wait at the visitors lounge. There were no issues in boarding for copr before March 18. Hammad intl airport had great wifi, so was always connected. Please make sure you get your immigration/landing formalities done properly, as I was let out without copr being stamped, the officer said the passport is enough. I was too tired to concentrate, only to realise it later. Thankfully the IRCC helpline was very supportive and they arranged for a virtual landing by email for me. Thank goodness! Found a prepaid simcard on the airport itself, and a cab outside airport without having the uber app..things are pretty smooth.. This group has been very helpful, thanks to all of you and wish you good luck! Any questions at all please ask away..
Hi and congratulations!

Could you please share more details on the SIM card you've purchased? I would like to do the same after my landing.

1. Where exactly did you purchase it? Was it a store or an automated kiosk? Are they open 24/7?
2. Which mobile provider?
3. What is the plan? How much data, how many minutes, etc?
4. How did you register/activate that card? Or did the store clerk do it for you?

Thanks!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Dear All,

Thanks.
Also,

I think unless NVDO is open, they would not process anything. Although you may get a preference as your documents are already with them.
Also, it would be good if you can share your what exactly you submitted such as documents, SOP etc.

Reactions: Froshy

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
That is what I asked. Do they give a receipt or something with your address which you can use? or is it a monthly statement?
Yes they do. They give you the bill summary, which contains your name and address. You can use it for applying SIN.

tortortor

Feb 1, 2020
Yes they do. They give you the bill summary, which contains your name and address. You can use it for applying SIN.
Hey, could you please clarify this? Did you mean purchasing a SIM card online or in a physical store?

I don't know how it works in Canada, but in other countries (like UK) you buy a SIM card in the same way as you buy coke or fruit: you take from a shelf and go to the register. There is no way that the store/clerk could give you any address confirmation. So I am curious about Canada. The more details the better :)

Thanks!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
That is what I asked. Do they give a receipt or something with your address which you can use? or is it a monthly statement?
Bank statements can be used as an address proof. I believe TD opens bank account with ID proof as your passport. After that get a stamped bank statement from TD mentioning your address. Just double check this.

tortortor

Feb 1, 2020
Bank statements can be used as an address proof. I believe TD opens bank account with ID proof as your passport. After that get a stamped bank statement from TD mentioning your address. Just double check this.
But to open a bank account you must be able to go out, which means you can start this process after the 2 weeks of isolation are over. And then you apply for SIN and wait 3 weeks for it to arrive. People do not want to waste those 2 weeks and it would be better to apply for SIN while still in isolation (using SIM card address or the rental agreement).

I am curious, if I ordered something from Amazon, and they deliver rather quickly, could I use an Amazon invoice as a proof of my address?

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hey, could you please clarify this? Did you mean purchasing a SIM card online or in a physical store?

I don't know how it works in Canada, but in other countries (like UK) you buy a SIM card in the same way as you buy coke or fruit: you take from a shelf and go to the register. There is no way that the store/clerk could give you any address confirmation. So I am curious about Canada. The more details the better :)

Thanks!
One of my friend purchased a prepaid SIM in store on behalf of me and while doing that, they asked for the full name of the user (as appears in legal document, say passport) and the address. Upon giving the details, the store guy gave the critical information summary sheet, which contained all the basic information of the user, address, SIM plan etc. It can be uploaded as proof of address while applying for SIN. Not sure how it works when you order through online.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
One of my friend purchased a prepaid SIM in store on behalf of me and while doing that, they asked for the full name of the user (as appears in legal document, say passport) and the address. Upon giving the details, the store guy gave the critical information summary sheet, which contained all the basic information of the user, address, SIM plan etc. It can be uploaded as proof of address while applying for SIN. Not sure how it works when you order through online.
Note: Correspondence from the Social Insurance Number Program such as a previous Confirmation of SIN letter or a reject letter is not accepted as proof of address.

Examples of acceptable proof of address:

• a letter or document from a government (federal, provincial, territorial or foreign)
  • a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)
  • a residential tenancy agreement/ lease
  • a bill (from among others a telecom provider, a cable provider, a utility provider, etc.)
  • any document issued by a school, college or university that shows your address
  • employment contract that shows your address
  • a letter from an organization or an institution attesting the mailing address of the applicant. The organization/institution and the applicant must sign the letter confirming the mailing address

Stitha1234

May 2, 2019
Hi all,

I'm an expired COPR holder (which was stamped prior 18th March). Is the news about Electrinuc Trave Authorization (ETA) applicable for passport holders of India as well? or indian passports have to send the passport to NVDO and get the visa stamped? In short, is there a round trip for passports (home to NVDO to home) as it causes delay.
Specifically,
  1. If my trip is essential (I'll show the documentary evidence along with quanrantine plan)
  2. Do the indian passport holders get :
    1. ETA? or
    2. do they require visa (and hence passports round trip to the visa office. )
Thanks!

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Folks I landed in Toronto safely on 28th via Qatar airways...and now under quarantine. The whole journey was very smooth..although very tiring. My route was Bom-Del-Doha-Tor.Bombay to Delhi the middle seats were vacant in Vistara. At Delhi airport they will let you wait at the visitors lounge. There were no issues in boarding for copr before March 18. Hammad intl airport had great wifi, so was always connected. Please make sure you get your immigration/landing formalities done properly, as I was let out without copr being stamped, the officer said the passport is enough. I was too tired to concentrate, only to realise it later. Thankfully the IRCC helpline was very supportive and they arranged for a virtual landing by email for me. Thank goodness! Found a prepaid simcard on the airport itself, and a cab outside airport without having the uber app..things are pretty smooth.. This group has been very helpful, thanks to all of you and wish you good luck! Any questions at all please ask away..
thank you for sharing - but Qatar airways don't fly directly to Toronto i guess.
you had another transfer flight in the states right ?