+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
Quick questions guys:

• I am moving to Canada next week via road from Detroit. This would be first time with the COPR, and I don't intend to come back to U.S. What medical insurance do you guys purchase for Canada before going there. I'm assuming they would ask proof of it but regardless we need it, so was just wondering which Insurance you guys took and what was the process. Does it take couple of weeks to get the Insurance cards delivered?
  • Also, can I carry packed food in my car for the first 1 or 2 days since I will be in quarantine in AirBNB in case food apps like UberEats don't work with US number
  • What other things are they asking these days- I'm assuming just the - place of stay, Insurance and food sources. Apart from of course Passprt, COPR, BSF goods form and Bank statement. Did I miss out on anything?

Jiyva

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
d Permanent Residents".
Quick questions guys:

• I am moving to Canada next week via road from Detroit. This would be first time with the COPR, and I don't intend to come back to U.S. What medical insurance do you guys purchase for Canada before going there. I'm assuming they would ask proof of it but regardless we need it, so was just wondering which Insurance you guys took and what was the process. Does it take couple of weeks to get the Insurance cards delivered?
  • Also, can I carry packed food in my car for the first 1 or 2 days since I will be in quarantine in AirBNB in case food apps like UberEats don't work with US number
  • What other things are they asking these days- I'm assuming just the - place of stay, Insurance and food sources. Apart from of course Passprt, COPR, BSF goods form and Bank statement. Did I miss out on anything?
Looks like you have a good plan. Relax, it will be a smooth landing process for you.

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if anyone has answered this question before (I apologize in advance if it’s repetitive) but I went through a few pages and couldn’t find the answer. Once a “ready to travel” webform has been raised how long does it approximately take for CIC to grant the extension? I know they recently tweeted that they can’t provide timelines on the process but I was hoping someone who has received an extension provide an idea of how long it took to receive it.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Adam261

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if anyone has answered this question before (I apologize in advance if it’s repetitive) but I went through a few pages and couldn’t find the answer. Once a “ready to travel” webform has been raised how long does it approximately take for CIC to grant the extension? I know they recently tweeted that they can’t provide timelines on the process but I was hoping someone who has received an extension provide an idea of how long it took to receive it.

Thanks in advance!
This guy got it early. His VO is somewhere in Europe. I guess in Vienna.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-493#post-8721898

Not all VOs are working as proactively as his.

Reactions: Nivo0811

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-493#post-8721898

Oh wow! That is pretty efficient. Hopefully all VO process these extensions efficiently.

wondergirl88

Jul 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to enter Canda from the peace bridge in the first week of August and serving quarantine for 14 days. And then planning to come back to the USA after 14 days on AVR(Automatic visa revalidation) as I am working on H1B in the USA. My COPR is also expiring on Aug 7th, 2020.

Can I reenter Canada again from the Peace bridge after 20 days using expired COPR?

Thanks.

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Does that mean we may not need a restamping?
Hey, I was also thinking the same thing when I saw 'electronic authorization letter' part.

Since they have removed the requirement of submitting a webform before expiry/expired CoPR, I think a revised process in on the way?

I was planning to submit a webform this week since my visa expiry is within a month. But I may not have to...

Ferni

Jul 28, 2019
Hi everyone, just trying my luck. Is there anyone out there who's COPR is close to expiry but you have a potential job in Canada lined up? I definitely won't be able to meet the COPR deadline due to current employment commitments so will need to ask for an extension but don't expect the company in Canada wait 3 months for a COPR extension.... Has there been any instances of an expedited extension approval if we submit a letter of employment?

Neha_khedekar

Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

My question might be completely off topic apologies for the same. I am not sure which is my VO. It is mentioned as CIO/BRCD (IRCC) in my ready for visa mail dt 10th feb 2020. Primary office: Centralized Intake Office. Is this Ottawa? Im not sure, this is what some of my other friends told me that my VO would be Ottawa. My date of expiry for Visa was 10th June 2020. had raised a webform stating cannot travel in June. I had received my Visa before 18th March 2020. After raising the webform for not ready to travel in June 2020., in July first week when i logged in to check my EE profile just randomly, it was shown as in progress from the previously approved status-obviously as i raised webform for cannot travel, but with one update stating you passed medicals on 8th July 2020. Received no email for this. This has been the update since in my EE profile. Hence i wanted to know which is my VO as i am thinking of resigning from my job now and raising ready to travel. Also is this a good idea to raise ready to travel? anyone else doing the same? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Would really appreciate if someone could guide me in determining my VO. Apologies for off the topic questions. And thank you in advance again.