+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
I respect your views and thanks for sharing a different dimension to this matter.
Friend, a hypothetical case, what if we go there, complete the self quarantine and spend another 10 - 15 days to do banking, SIN etc and return after a month if we don't see good prospect to get a job? A fair deal?

IRCC has never guaranteed for 100% extension of COPR and no one knows how much time it would take (what happens if there is second wave of COVID). In such a scenario, we as COPR holders need to play safe within the existing protocol.

Any other views please?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Friend, a hypothetical case, what if we go there, complete the self quarantine and spend another 10 - 15 days to do banking, SIN etc and return after a month if we don't see good prospect to get a job? A fair deal?

IRCC has never guaranteed for 100% extension of COPR and no one knows how much time it would take (what happens if there is second wave of COVID). In such a scenario, we as COPR holders need to play safe within the existing protocol.

Any other views please?
Issuance of SIN is taking longer than usual, definitely more than a couple of weeks. I think if you change the definition of soft landing you can play safe. One way to do this is wait till your PR card is issued.
What's harm in starting life from a labour job? If someone is doing just fine in India, IMO it's better start there from scratch. In most cases, it's hard to digest for white collar professionals to do blue collar jobs.
International students who did part time jobs whilst studying in Canada don't mind to start over after receiving their permanent residence.
Most cases who were denied extension were before countries shut their borders and flights were grounded.

Reactions: hinavin

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Really wondering if one should raise a ready to travel webform based on the VB flights and air travel bubbles.
NDVO's giving no information on when they might open and their statement that they'll let us know once commercial flights start is good , however i don't see commercial flights starting out here anytime in the near future.
With expired COPR's we cant even try our luck in these VB flights and other airlines that are starting flights slowly. These flights seem like our best chance for the next few months.

Mutha123

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Really wondering if one should raise a ready to travel webform based on the VB flights and air travel bubbles.
NDVO's giving no information on when they might open and their statement that they'll let us know once commercial flights start is good , however i don't see commercial flights starting out here anytime in the near future.
With expired COPR's we cant even try our luck in these VB flights and other airlines that are starting flights slowly. These flights seem like our best chance for the next few months.
As India is the 3rd largest hit country with continuous rise in cases, not sure whether Canada will continue to accept flights from India although there is no indication as such. But my I guess that until they accept flights from US, they will not stop inbound flights from any other country. Let us see.

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
As India is the 3rd largest hit country with continuous rise in cases, not sure whether Canada will continue to accept flights from India although there is no indication as such. But my I guess that until they accept flights from US, they will not stop inbound flights from any other country. Let us see.
Exactly why i wonder if we should raise a ready to travel form and ask for an extension so that we try our luck at the flights going now.
NDVO still being shut and this lack of knowledge on how to proceed and what to do is just so troublesome!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I haven't raised it yet. I would also like to know when should we raise one.
You should raise it now. Basis your "ready to travel", your medicals will be extended.

Same thing happened with me. Raised "ready to travel" web form on June 8, received ghost update on June 27, called CIC last week and agent confirmed medicals have been extended for 5 months from COPR.

Now, waiting for the further instructions from NDVO.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
You should raise it now. Basis your "ready to travel", your medicals will be extended.

Same thing happened with me. Raised "ready to travel" web form on June 8, received ghost update on June 27, called CIC last week and agent confirmed medicals have been extended for 5 months from COPR.

Thank you.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Ye

Hi

Can you let us know when was your COPR issued

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Ye

Hi

Can you let us know when was your COPR issued
COPR Issued - March 19
COPR Expired - April 23
Raised Webforms - Not able to travel - Before and after COPR expiry
Raised Webform - Ready to travel - June 8
Ghost Update in CIC profile - June 27
Called CIC - July 1 - Medicals Extended to Sept 25. (5 months from COPR)
Visa Office - NDVO

ann12345

Jul 8, 2020
my COPR will expire on Sept 22, and with the current situation, I am unwilling to travel and would like to extend my COPR expiry to January 2021.would you think an extension is reasonable in this case and CIC will allow?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
my COPR will expire on Sept 22, and with the current situation, I am unwilling to travel and would like to extend my COPR expiry to January 2021.would you think an extension is reasonable in this case and CIC will allow?
Its is too early to seek an extension given the current travel restrictions are only in place until July 31 even though may be extended. You will need to hold off until closer to the time although ultimately upto you to decide and not this forum given nobody here can predict what IRCC may say..

Even now IRCC as I understand are not extending COPRs to some specifc date in future

Reactions: hinavin

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
COPR Issued - March 19
COPR Expired - April 23
Raised Webforms - Not able to travel - Before and after COPR expiry
Raised Webform - Ready to travel - June 8
Ghost Update in CIC profile - June 27
Called CIC - July 1 - Medicals Extended to Sept 25. (5 months from COPR)
Visa Office - NDVO
Your status in CIC profile shows approved or in-progress?

mr1989

Dec 23, 2019
I checked with Lufthansa this is the reply I got if people with COPR from India can travel or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email.

Green card / Permanent Residents / Work permit holders for the USA / Canada are not allowed on the flights operating as repatriation flights.

Please note that at the moment we have permission to transport US/Canada passport holders.

INDIAN Nationals holding US green cards or Canadian Permanent Residence status are only permitted on this special repatriation flight if he/she is a spouse of US/Canadian National.

You are requested to carry a spouse passport copy as a proof of he/she being the spouse.

If you don’t fulfil one of the above criteria, you will not be eligible to travel on the Repatriation Flights.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019

Shouldn't we wait for travel restrictions to be lifted or resumption of commercial flights?
It's really confusing when should we raise web form for ready to travel.
How about mentioning in web form that apart from the above two barriers no other hurdle in travelling?

Reactions: smithplato

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020

Hi , did you raise this to cic or ndvo? webform or email ?