+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
This is strictly my opinion.. AL requires less work and gets the job done.. I think issuing COPR and PRV involves a lot of work, could be a lot of processes at backend and with all the people emailing and calling there is a lot of backlog..
...There is still a lot of backlog regardless. Some people have been waiting for AL since May of last year(read that somewhere).They are doing too much already: AL, reissue of COPR and visa foil(for those whose passport require it)

Why don't they just send out AL to applicable people so people can travel regardless of expired COPR or visa foil. Instead they are reissuing everything(COPR/AL/Visa) in some cases
For my first COPR, I mailed my documents on a Wednesday and by thursday following week, my COPR was delivered to my address

Reactions: BillyWescott

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
...There is still a lot of backlog regardless. Some people have been waiting for AL since May of last year(read that somewhere).They are doing too much already: AL, reissue of COPR and visa foil(for those whose passport require it)

Why don't they just send out AL to applicable people so people can travel regardless of expired COPR or visa foil. Instead they are reissuing everything(COPR/AL/Visa) in some cases
For my first COPR, I mailed my documents on a Wednesday and by thursday following week, my COPR was delivered to my address
We don't know what the backend process it.. it can be tedious

I assume you must be or have worked at an organisation.. even for simple things such as stationary, process is complex.. same could be the case here..

Also, the way spam works is email service providers check for unusual email traffic from specific domains and mark them as spam

Then each system is built for a specific purpose.. a specific volume.. no one built cic system for a pandemic.. systems have been adjusted but one should also take into consideration managers or project owners don't allow radical changes

Maybe it is not technically feasible at the moment to generate ALs for everyone

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
Hey guys!

I too received the "Do you still want to immigrate?" email, this was two days ago. However, I received it directly from IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (the email address we have to send our response to). Someone in this forum got it from another email address, with the word notification in it.

To those who have received this email, have you received it from the same email we have to reply back to?

Since the address was the same, I simply clicked "reply" to the email I got (using the Gmail website) and responded using the template provided.

Was this the proper action? I too have not received any acknowledgment of my email.

Has anyone seen any update in their profile or medical request after replying?

Reactions: tusa47

amit123nik

Jan 15, 2019
Hey guys!

I too received the "Do you still want to immigrate?" email, this was two days ago. However, I received it directly from IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (the email address we have to send our response to). Someone in this forum got it from another email address, with the word notification in it.

To those who have received this email, have you received it from the same email we have to reply back to?

Since the address was the same, I simply clicked "reply" to the email I got (using the Gmail website) and responded using the template provided.

Was this the proper action? I too have not received any acknowledgment of my email.

Hi

I got the same email from the same address.

They didn't send me any acknowledgement for this as well.

I got the request about my medicals about 10 days after I replied to them with the questionnaire.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@whyCorona hey i have a question. So if remedicals are done on an older date than the new GCKey updated medicals date. So does it mean my extension will count from the older date or the date when they updated my medicals in GCKey profile?
Your extension will count from the date you did your remeds. CoPR extension should be given for one year on passing the remeds.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey guys!

1. Received mail from immigration.refugees.and.citizenship.canada@notification.canada.ca and had to reply to IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

2. As long as you have replied to correct mail, I think there shouldnt be a problem

3. No acknowledgment received

4. No update in profile, which seems logical. Profile update is expected only when the application will be reopened and medical request is sent.

Reactions: tusa47

amit123nik

Jan 15, 2019
Hi all

anyone who has recently landed in Canada with an AL, can I please ask for some help regarding this.

would really appreciate this, can message directly about this

thanks in advance.

Ozed15

Mar 4, 2021
Hi all

I just got my authorization letter today finally!!! after waiting over a year, they issue the letter on April fool day :)

They have extended my COPR validity till 2022 January but my authorization letter is valid till 31st my 2021.

nevertheless, I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone, who has helped me so much during this entire tiring process. I guess I would still keep on needing some more help till I land there I guess, haha.

but I am still extremely thankful and to anyone waiting for their authorization letter please have my best wishes for it.

below are my timelines
VISA OFFICE: NEW DELHI (NDVO)
COPR DATE OF ISSUE: 02/01/2020
COPR EXPIRY DATE: 21/06/2020
MEDICALS PASSED ON : 22/08/2019,
BIOMETRICS COMPLETED: 30/8/2019
RE-MEDICALS: 21/01/2021
AUTHORIZATION LETTER :02/04/2021 VALID TILL 31/05/2021
Congratulations!!! Please what happens if you do not use your authorization letter i.e. land in Canada by May, 31st. Can you still land after that since your COPR is still valid?

amit123nik

Jan 15, 2019
Congratulations!!! Please what happens if you do not use your authorization letter i.e. land in Canada by May, 31st. Can you still land after that since your COPR is still valid?
Hi

sharing the part of the AL about the above query.

If you are unable to travel before the expiration date of this letter on May 31st, 2021, IRCC will leave your PR application open and you will have to go through this CoPR and PRV re-issuance process again when you are able to travel to Canada.
my current COPR is now valid till 2022 January. The 31st may validity is about the AL, if AL expires they should issue another AL (ideally, but god really knows)

Reactions: Titanium

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hey guys!

We 2...

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi

I got the same email from the same address.

They didn't send me any acknowledgement for this as well.

I got the request about my medicals about 10 days after I replied to them with the questionnair
R u discussing about mail dtd 15 march