File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just hope they will let people having COPR to land.
Else we have to wait till 30 june 2020
This question has already been answered and the rules have already been clarified. Those who have COPRs cannot land unless they have an immediate family member (spouse) who is Canadian. Individuals who have an approved COPR but no Canadian immediate family member will be refused boarding.

MapGia

Feb 24, 2016
I do not understand, according to this, CoPR holder who has been staying in the US only should be allowed to travel to Canada; and also immediate family members of Canada PR (I assume they also has been staying in US only). The government at all levels keep giving out different and confusing info.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/interim-order-prevent-certain-persons-boarding-flights-canada-covid-19.html
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en

Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 Coronavirus Disease in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada)
Prohibition

2 Any foreign national, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, is prohibited from entering Canada if they arrive by means of an aircraft from a foreign country.

Non-application
3 Section 2 does not apply to
(a) a person who has been only in the United States or Canada during the period of 14 days before the day on which they arrived in Canada
(b) an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or of a permanent resident as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;

Order to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 coronavirus disease in Canada (ban on entry into Canada)

Prohibition
 It is prohibited for any foreigner within the meaning of subsection 2 (1) of the Immigration Act and the protection of refugees entering Canada if he can board an aircraft coming from a foreign country.

Non-application
 Section 2 does not apply to the following persons:
(a)  a person who has stayed only in the United States or Canada during the fourteen day period preceding the day of their arrival in Canada;
(b)  the immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act ;

Last edited:

Hrishi2704

Jul 30, 2018
I do not understand, according to this, CoPR holder who has been staying in the US only should be allowed to travel to Canada; and also immediate family members of Canada PR. The government at all levels keep giving out different and confusing info.

Prohibition

2 Any foreign national, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, is prohibited from entering Canada if they arrive by means of an aircraft from a foreign country.

Non-application

3 Section 2 does not apply to

(a) a person who has been only in the United States or Canada during the period of 14 days before the day on which they arrived in Canada

(b) an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or of a permanent resident as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
I am confused about the exact same thing. I have raised a Webform to clarify that and waiting for their response. I do seem to meet the criteria for Section 3(a). I have been in the US for more than 4 years without any international travel. Even though traveling in this time should be best avoided, my current VISA situation is not going to do any better by staying in the US. If at all, it's going to create more problems for me. Hence, I wanted to make that move sooner than later.

MapGia

Feb 24, 2016
I am confused about the exact same thing. I have raised a Webform to clarify that and waiting for their response. I do seem to meet the criteria for Section 3(a). I have been in the US for more than 4 years without any international travel. Even though traveling in this time should be best avoided, my current VISA situation is not going to do any better by staying in the US. If at all, it's going to create more problems for me. Hence, I wanted to make that move sooner than later.
I also contact Air Canada and Canada Border Services Agency, hoping to clear up this matter. Waiting for their responses.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Agree that whilst people might consder this good news to get clarity but still assumes can find an airline still flying internationally in particular where an indirect transit is required given many airlines parking up most their fleets/laying off staff at least until end June so finding a seat may be challenging for a while.

At least for everyone now the situation is clear although nothing specific about 14 day self isolation on arrival which should be a requirement for the next few months. Plus there are all the ramifications of arriving in a new country virtually in shutdown so unless have immediate family immigration will likely be significantly harder on arrival than usual with many businesses in shutdown for a few months.

Add to this assuming a 14 day self isolation is imposed the challenge of that for a new immigrant and does anyone really want to self isolate with their immediate family members to worst case find out they just happen to be positive themselves?

Hard as it might be if the extension option still open people should seriously consider staying put at least until the summer

Reactions: Adam261

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
Agree that whilst people might consder this good news to get clarity but still assumes can find an airline still flying internationally in particular where an indirect transit is required given many airlines parking up most their fleets/laying off staff at least until end June so finding a seat may be challenging for a while.

At least for everyone now the situation is clear although nothing specific about 14 day self isolation on arrival which should be a requirement for the next few months. Plus there are all the ramifications of arriving in a new country virtually in shutdown so unless have immediate family immigration will likely be significantly harder on arrival than usual with many businesses in shutdown for a few months.

Add to this assuming a 14 day self isolation is imposed the challenge of that for a new immigrant and does anyone really want to self isolate with their immediate family members to worst case find out they just happen to be positive themselves?

Hard as it might be if the extension option still open people should seriously consider staying put at least until the summer
I totally agree and CIC should grant persons affected with extensions

Reactions: Adam261

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
I totally agree and CIC should grant persons affected with extensions
Presently we are in a bind air canada has not responded to our request for refund or credit for flight.even Home Away is not willing to refund our monies although they have posted100% refund.in total my family and i have lost $6000 canadian dollars and we havent arrived in canada as yet.who can we make our complaint too in canada to get some assistance

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Presently we are in a bind air canada has not responded to our request for refund or credit for flight.even Home Away is not willing to refund our monies although they have posted100% refund.in total my family and i have lost $6000 canadian dollars and we havent arrived in canada as yet.who can we make our complaint too in canada to get some assistance
Totally agree. India has 21 days lockdown so flights are not operating. COPR will expire by that time. what to do? Government should extend COPR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes i hope they give every one that is affected by these travel restrictions at least a 6 months extension
6 months extension is unlikely. Once the pandemic is under control maybe 1-3 months e tension but we’ll all have to wait and see. Some have been able to move for 6 months but left it up to the last minute. Contact CIC and they will get back to you once they have answers.