+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR affected by travel restrictions due to Coronavirus

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys can someone please with the answer of my situation

I have a COPR and currently in canada as the ban inplies for all non residents people..i live in saskatchewan if i will go to borders and try to do my landing is there any chance they can stop me by entering the country by doing flag polling.. thnks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi guys can someone please with the answer of my situation

I have a COPR and currently in canada as the ban inplies for all non residents people..i live in saskatchewan if i will go to borders and try to do my landing is there any chance they can stop me by entering the country by doing flag polling.. thnks
The US Canada border about to be closed other than for trade and essential travel, flagpoling won’t be considered essential

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-us-border-1.5501201

hamzay

Feb 22, 2009
"If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land."

Does This mean that if your country border is not closed you can still do the landing with copr??
Still unclear!

Hope this helps: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) and inform us, by submitting a web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.
Re-opened applications
Approved applications can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
"If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land."

Does This mean that if your country border is not closed you can still do the landing with copr??
Still unclear!
It means that if Canadas border and travel restrictions are removed and someone previously informed IRCC they could not travel previously due to closure but their COPR/PRV are still valid after Canadas restrictions have been removed they make every effort to land before expiry. Assume to avoid new documentation being issued

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

klag15

Jun 16, 2019
Similar situation as you. My CoPR is expiring in September this year. They should be opening up the border in the next couple of months. I mean if we think about it, blocking international borders for a very long time has some far reaching implications. Of course, provided COVID19 gets controlled to a certain extent.

I was planning my move next month from the US. Guess, that's not happening.

Where would you be traveling from?
I'm traveling from the Philippines. But as of now, the whole island of Luzon where my province is located and Metro Manila are under enhanced community quarantine and lockdown.

Apr 15, 2019
Hi everyone
My name is gandharv
I have approved copr
I work in canada ,currently I am in india .
I have valid copr I had flight on march 19 which I was told that I would not be able get as to enter border I need pr card .so I had rescheduled and made it on april 14
Any clue when border will reopen for copr in person landing appointments

IamBlaze

Mar 17, 2020
Hi everyone
My name is gandharv
I have approved copr
I work in canada ,currently I am in india .
I have valid copr I had flight on march 19 which I was told that I would not be able get as to enter border I need pr card .so I had rescheduled and made it on april 14
Any clue when border will reopen for copr in person landing appointments
According to this it could last until June 30 :( https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en but I'm not sure if anything will change before that

Mr.Worldwide

Nov 25, 2019

Still unclear!
Same confusion here. Its still very unclear.