+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COOP work permit processing time

hpjack

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Hi,

Has anyone applied for COOP work permit recently or have received COOP work permit recently?
Just want to figure out the recent processing time for coop wp, CIC website says 137 days which is ridiculous...

Thanks.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
hpjack said:
Did you apply for your work permit already? If no then see point 1 and 2 but if you did already then you can only wait and pray that you get it approve before your internship starts.

1. You should make paper application because processing time for paper applications is better than online these days.

2. If it is possible and you can go to the nearest border and get your co-op work permit right away. But make sure, you meet all the conditions and have all required document before you go for this option.
1. Valid study permit 2. Valid Passport 3. Single entry(if only visit US) or Multiple with valid TRV unless you are TRV exempt. 4. Co-op letter from your institute

Check these links below for more details about co-op WP and getting a WP at a border.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flag-pollingpost-graduate-work-permit-for-international-students-in-15-mins-t355050.0.html

FYI: One of my friends applied online on May 17th and got his work permit approved on September 22nd. I also know one person who applied online in June and got his WP (co-op) approved in August (he was just lucky because CIC processed June applications first than May).

hpjack

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
pretty_girl said:
Did you apply for your work permit already? If no then see point 1 and 2 but if you did already then you can only wait and pray that you get it approve before your internship starts.

1. You should make paper application because processing time for paper applications is better than online these days.

2. If it is possible and you can go to the nearest border and get your co-op work permit right away. But make sure, you meet all the conditions and have all required document before you go for this option.
1. Valid study permit 2. Valid Passport 3. Single entry(if only visit US) or Multiple with valid TRV unless you are TRV exempt. 4. Co-op letter from your institute

Check these links below for more details about co-op WP and getting a WP at a border.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flag-pollingpost-graduate-work-permit-for-international-students-in-15-mins-t355050.0.html

FYI: One of my friends applied online on May 17th and got his work permit approved on September 22nd. I also know one person who applied online in June and got his WP (co-op) approved in August (he was just lucky because CIC processed June applications first than May).

Thanks a lot for the info...
I actually applied on mid September and hope to get it before January next year.

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
I also applied in mid-September, as early as I could, and need the work permit by January. The processing time was only 8 days a year ago and is now 145 days, it's completely insane!

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I wouldn't head to the border and get it. That pesky little stamp in the passport from the US that says you were denied entry, even by choice, can follow you and ruin all future plans of traveling there.

Sit tight and wait and possibly call the MP (seems like some are doing that for their PGWP)

I know people who applied in May and got it in august. I just hope it gets to me before January.

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did applied mine on 28th September online and got a letter of approval today in my CIC account