+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Converting Skills immigration to Express Entry after nomination?

terrykang7848

Feb 24, 2020
I applied for skills immigration - international graduate in BC last month and was able to receive the nomination today.
However, until I received the confirmation letter saying Please note this nomination is not valid for Express Entry. I didn't realize there are two different PNP...

I checked the CIC website for the regular PNP processing time and it says 15 to 19 months while Express entry is only 6 months.
So, I wanted to convert SI PNP to EE PNP if possible.

Were anyone in this forum in the same situation? If so, is that possible converting to EE?
I already sent an email to BC PNP and am waiting for the response but just wanted to see if anyone has an idea.
If not possible, should I re-apply via EE PNP program?

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
I applied for skills immigration - international graduate in BC last month and was able to receive the nomination today.
However, until I received the confirmation letter saying Please note this nomination is not valid for Express Entry. I didn't realize there are two different PNP...

I checked the CIC website for the regular PNP processing time and it says 15 to 19 months while Express entry is only 6 months.

Were anyone in this forum in the same situation? If so, is that possible converting to EE?
I already sent an email to BC PNP and am waiting for the response but just wanted to see if anyone has an idea.
Under which noc code you applied and when did you applied?

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

I received the same nomination letter from the MPNP, I phoned the officer who assessed my application (luckily I had his number as he'd phoned me with a previous query.) After this it was changed so I received EE nomination.
Perhaps once they get your email same will happen for you, it's possible.

Reactions: doug87z