+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continuous work for CEC? Oh dear

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Oh dear......does Canadian 1 year experience have to be continuous to gain points for CEC? I was ill once and took some time off between jobs, have I mucked up, can anyone advise please. Thought I was nearly ready to apply but now.....oh

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Really? I guess I shall go ahead and see what they say. (I read this on Immigration.co or does this refer to FSW programme perhaps.) A bit stressed from this worry but know its a long, long journey yet. A permanent resident, so jealous. Thank you very much for your swift reply, gives me hope.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? I guess I shall go ahead and see what they say. (I read this on Immigration.co or does this refer to FSW programme perhaps.) A bit stressed from this worry but know its a long, long journey yet. A permanent resident, so jealous. Thank you very much for your swift reply, gives me hope.
"Work experience need not be continuous under the CEC."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Rangana

Jul 23, 2015
Oh dear......does Canadian 1 year experience have to be continuous to gain points for CEC? I was ill once and took some time off between jobs, have I mucked up, can anyone advise please. Thought I was nearly ready to apply but now.....oh
Hi !
Did you find the answer for this?
I have one year of full time Canadian experience under 2 different eligible NOC categories and there’s a gap of one month in between. Am I eligible to apply for PR?

Rangana

Jul 23, 2015
Hi !
Did you find the answer for this?
I have one year of full time Canadian experience under 2 different eligible NOC categories and there’s a gap of one month in between. Am I eligible to apply for PR?

Hi there,

I’m in a very stressful situation right now and I would really appreciate your opinion regarding work experience.

I have 7 months of experience in NOC A category and 5 months of experience in NOC B category. Im hoping to apply under Canadian experience Class.

Were you also in a similar situation ? Did you have one year work Experience in 2 different NOC categories or same category but different NOC codes?

Please help !

Your inputs are really appreciated!

Thanks

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi mine all worked out fine, think I worried too much!
I really am no expert so can only say how it was for me.....I had one year's work experience in same category different codes, I don't know how they work it all out.
Good luck with your application, it's worth it but of course it's never the end at all !