+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contents of the Oath Ceremony Letter (received via email) and discussion

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Do they not send an email back confirming they received your signed oath form? Im worried i worte the address wrong (considering how long it is).

Also, how long should it take to receive the certificate
you can always go back and check which address you sent the email. If it is wrong then resend it?

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello Everyone,

I just received an email invite for my Oath on Feb 25. I checked the PDF attachment thoroughly but:

It did not mention anything about making a signature on paper to be scanned and sent after the Oath via email. It only mentioned about cutting the PR card.

I'm wondering if they may have changed the process? Folks on this forum were mentioning about either signing on paper, scanning and emailing to IRCC (within 2 days of the ceremony) or making a digital signature. Or maybe this information will come in a separate email?

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello Everyone,

I just received an email invite for my Oath on Feb 25. I checked the PDF attachment thoroughly but:

It did not mention anything about making a signature on paper to be scanned and sent after the Oath via email. It only mentioned about cutting the PR card.

I'm wondering if they may have changed the process? Folks on this forum were mentioning about either signing on paper, scanning and emailing to IRCC (within 2 days of the ceremony) or making a digital signature. Or maybe this information will come in a separate email?

how many pages did you receive?
you should have received the OATH OR AFFIRMATION OF CITIZENSHIP / SERMENT OU AFFIRMATION SOLENNELLE DE CITOYENNETÉ page
you should sign it and send it by mail after the Oath, just relapyin your invite e-mail

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hello Everyone,

I have a 10 page PDF and this information is found on the Page 7th

Head line of the page 7th

Steps to take AFTER the video oath ceremony

Page 9th about E signature

Instruction to Add Electronic Signatures to a PDF

Make sure your document has all pages and ends with the Oath affirmation on Page 10th.

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
how many pages did you receive?
you should have received the OATH OR AFFIRMATION OF CITIZENSHIP / SERMENT OU AFFIRMATION SOLENNELLE DE CITOYENNETÉ page
you should sign it and send it by mail after the Oath, just relapyin your invite e-mail
Oh yes - sorry it's my mistake. I saw the PDF on my phone first and only saw 2 pages and thought the PDF only had 2 pages. I have all 10 pages including the oath affirmation page.

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
I have a 10 page PDF and this information is found on the Page 7th

Head line of the page 7th

Steps to take AFTER the video oath ceremony

Page 9th about E signature

Instruction to Add Electronic Signatures to a PDF

Make sure your document has all pages and ends with the Oath affirmation on Page 10th.
Oh yes - sorry it's my mistake. I saw the PDF on my phone first and only saw 2 pages and thought the PDF only had 2 pages. I have all 10 pages including the oath affirmation page. Got it thanks!

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know many of you guys have been scheduled for oath anywhere between 2 - 4 months from the current date and it'll be a while before you receive your oath email. If I were in that position, I'd be extremely curious to know what exactly is in the oath email - all of the instructions that'll help you prepare for the ceremony.

Hence, I have redacted all my personal and office-specific information from the oath letter and I have shared it below. Take a look. If you spot any sensitive (my personal information) or any other information that I might have accidentally left out without redaction, please let me know.

Please note that this letter was sent from Mississauga IRCC office. Other offices might have a slightly different format of the letter.

I have deliberately left out the "Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship" form because that form has been marked "Not for Public Release" and I can't (and won't) share that. So, please do not ask me for that form.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vIg-YckAnAY9SdkkuzEVHRn_iqPTJKOY/view?usp=sharing

I hope we can use this thread to discuss about oath ceremonies in general rather than flooding unrelated threads with too many questions related to oath ceremonies.

I wish everyone all the very best!

Good luck!
Has the link changed, since waiting on my oath invitation, I wanted to take a look but link seems to be broken.