+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contents of the Oath Ceremony Letter (received via email) and discussion

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do u need to give some speech there? or only read the oath? cause i'm scared to speak on public my english sucks haha
Don't listen to the others, there is a speech and it's live on Twitch, not zoom. Because this is a special times of federal election, Covid and the afghan situation, you need to give your take on how scarce blinker oils is for the cars produced between the years 1900 to 1920 and how it affected the great depression later when the Titanic hit the ice burg while Kate was banging Leo in the car. Be prepared!

Elchavodel8

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Don't listen to the others, there is a speech and it's live on Twitch, not zoom. Because this is a special times of federal election, Covid and the afghan situation, you need to give your take on how scarce blinker oils is for the cars produced between the years 1900 to 1920 and how it affected the great depression later when the Titanic hit the ice burg while Kate was banging Leo in the car. Be prepared!
can i use this speech instead ?

ketti

Feb 23, 2021
I checked my Status on August 30th and it said , oath is in progress you're scheduled to take the oath on September 17th, I checked it today( August 31st) and the message that scheduled my oath date disappeared and the oath status is still in progress. Is it normal? does something go wrong? does anyone has been in that situation before? what did they do? I have been waiting for the oath ceremony for so long . Test was taken on March. decision was made on July 7. the bureau is in Mississauga. According to the statistics the Oath status changes after 51 days after DM either 8 weeks at this location.

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
A question regarding the oath ceremony..
Has anyone here been scheduled for the oath ceremony but was not able to attend on the date scheduled for them? For example if you were outside of country and due to covid restrictions/work/for whatever other reason, were you able to reschedule the oath without problems?
Is it a red flag to ask to reschedule or acceptable?

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Hi, Is there anyone in this group who received an oath invite for Oct 6th. I'm looking for guidance here. Can some one share or provide insights on the following:
1. Is there only one time for a specific date (say for Oct 6th) morning only?I have been engaged as a speaker for a global conference that was confirmed several months ago. I called CIC to understand if she can confirm the timing but they said you will get an email a week prior to Oct 6th. I'm scheduled to speak at 11am on Oct 6th. Though I have asked the organizers to move me an alternative time.
2. If one does give a request to be rescheduled, does this take too long to come through?
@rajkamalmohanram -Would appreciate your insights?

or anyone who may have had to reschedule or in a similar boat?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your expert advice and insights.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, Is there anyone in this group who received an oath invite for Oct 6th. I'm looking for guidance here. Can some one share or provide insights on the following:
1. Is there only one time for a specific date (say for Oct 6th) morning only?I have been engaged as a speaker for a global conference that was confirmed several months ago. I called CIC to understand if she can confirm the timing but they said you will get an email a week prior to Oct 6th. I'm scheduled to speak at 11am on Oct 6th. Though I have asked the organizers to move me an alternative time.
2. If one does give a request to be rescheduled, does this take too long to come through?
@rajkamalmohanram -Would appreciate your insights?

or anyone who may have had to reschedule or in a similar boat?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your expert advice and insights.
1. Yes, oath ceremonies take place at a specific date and time. You will have to connect to the zoom session at that time.

2. Unfortunately, there is no clear answer to this. The generally accepted notion is that it could take months before getting another oath invitation. If you can't cancel the conference, then you'll have no choice but to reschedule. Respond to the oath email and let them know you have a conference to attend that was planned several months ago and you'd like to reschedule your oath ceremony.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I know many of you guys have been scheduled for oath anywhere between 2 - 4 months from the current date and it'll be a while before you receive your oath email. If I were in that position, I'd be extremely curious to know what exactly is in the oath email - all of the instructions that'll help you prepare for the ceremony.

Hence, I have redacted all my personal and office-specific information from the oath letter and I have shared it below. Take a look. If you spot any sensitive (my personal information) or any other information that I might have accidentally left out without redaction, please let me know.

Please note that this letter was sent from Mississauga IRCC office. Other offices might have a slightly different format of the letter.

I have deliberately left out the "Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship" form because that form has been marked "Not for Public Release" and I can't (and won't) share that. So, please do not ask me for that form.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vIg-YckAnAY9SdkkuzEVHRn_iqPTJKOY/view?usp=sharing

I hope we can use this thread to discuss about oath ceremonies in general rather than flooding unrelated threads with too many questions related to oath ceremonies.

I wish everyone all the very best!

Good luck!
For some reason, the link in this post is no longer working. Here is the updated link :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jFCLwaYyWib_ITdomOOl0oepBL_PNgVV/view?usp=sharing

samgan

Oct 5, 2021
Hi,

As per CIC online portal, my oath ceremony is scheduled for October 12, but I have not received any mail or email yet. Is that normal?
Since it's a long weekend before the ceremony date (Oct 9-11), when is the latest date I should expect my invitation letter?

TIA

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi,

As per CIC online portal, my oath ceremony is scheduled for October 12, but I have not received any mail or email yet. Is that normal?
Since it's a long weekend before the ceremony date (Oct 9-11), when is the latest date I should expect my invitation letter?

TIA
Hi,
You can expect your email in a day or two, normally it is a few days after the update on the tracker. I received mine just yesterday and my oath is on Oct 09,
Best of Luck !

samgan

Oct 5, 2021
Hi,
You can expect your email in a day or two, normally it is a few days after the update on the tracker. I received mine just yesterday and my oath is on Oct 09,
Best of Luck !
This is helpful. Thank you!
All the best for your oath ceremony!!

Reactions: Ace2000

vi2

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Hi,
Best of Luck !
so, OATHs are being scheduled for Saturdays now? I just checked my tracker, got mine scheduled for October 16, 2021