+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contact of a Good Immigration Lawyer in Edmonton Needed

Ayxmania

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hello everyone, I am looking for a sound Immigration Lawyer based in Edmonton to handle my friend's case. He's presently waiting for a decision to be made on his refugee claims, and he has the requirements needed for the Express Entry application.

The contact of sound Immigration lawyer would be appreciated.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hello everyone, I am looking for a sound Immigration Lawyer based in Edmonton to handle my friend's case. He's presently waiting for a decision to be made on his refugee claims, and he has the requirements needed for the Express Entry application.

Lawyer Referral, law society of Alberta
Lawyer Referral is a free service that helps you find a lawyer. The operator will ask you to describe your legal issue and then provide contact information for up to three lawyers that best meet your needs. You can speak to one, two or all three of the lawyers. Please mention you got their contact information from Lawyer Referral.

The first half-hour of conversation with the lawyer is free and should be used to discuss your legal issues, explore your options, evaluate potential costs and help determine if the lawyer is a good fit for your legal issue. Please remember that lawyers will not provide free legal advice.

Toll free from anywhere in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Lower Mainland British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut: 1.800.661.1095
In Calgary: 403.228.1722

https://www.lawsociety.ab.ca/public/lawyer-referral/

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017

Try Ranbir Thind he is the best .

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020

I think he should wait for his refugee case. What is his country of origin and where he is currently residing now?
Further express entry is simple and can be done by himself if he wanna try it. He needs to get ECA report for his educational credential and need to score CLB 9 in IELTS which will bost his Express Entry score.

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
They would also need to withdraw the refugee claim and leave Canada to apply for express entry.
I think, It is not necessary to withdraw refugee claim as there is no such requirement in Express Entry. I recommend to follow his refugee claim as he is refugee and his case is in progress. He can try express entry for a luck as it has uncertainties and can also save time if his refugee claim is rejected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think, It is not necessary to withdraw refugee claim as there is no such requirement in Express Entry. I recommend to follow his refugee claim as he is refugee and his case is in progress. He can try express entry for a luck as it has uncertainties and can also save time if his refugee claim is rejected.
Don’t think you understand. He doesn’t qualify for express entry programs while he is in Canada having applied for asylum. Express entry is not an option unless he goes home.

Reactions: jddd and Buletruck

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Don’t think you understand. He doesn’t qualify for express entry programs while he is in Canada having applied for asylum. Express entry is not an option unless he goes home.
I agree with @canuck78 Since, he's a pending immigration case that hasn't be finalized. There's potential for conflict. It may also be difficult for him to withdraw his claim, depending on the stage at which the hearing stand. He needs to ask his legal representative, if he can withdraw his claim. If for any reason,he drop his claim without informing the board and IRCC through his lawyer/consultant, his claim maybe regarded as abandoned. This may have negative impact on his future immigration application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree with @canuck78 Since, he's a pending immigration case that hasn't be finalized. There's potential for conflict. It may also be difficult for him to withdraw his claim, depending on the stage at which the hearing stand. He needs to ask his legal representative, if he can withdraw his claim. If for any reason,he drop his claim without informing the board and IRCC through his lawyer/consultant, his claim maybe regarded as abandoned. This may have negative impact on his future immigration application.
Has nothing to do with this. He has no legal status so does not qualify to apply for express entry.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Thank you. That's my point.
What’s your point?

Having a refugee claim does not grant legal status in Canada. You need to have legal status to apply for EE (SV, WP, TRV, etc). Hence they can’t apply. To apply, they would need to withdraw the refugee claim (still no legal status in Canada) and leave in order to apply and avoid the inevitable deportation (if they waited for the result) If the refugee claim is accepted, they can immediately apply for a PR, so why bother with EE?

Last edited: