27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
is it better to go with some consultants or one should go on thier own?
their is information on CIC's website but is it sufficient for a novice to follow it?
consultants do charge money but isn't it worth spending? they are professionals or they are SUPPOSED to be professionals?
what do you guys think...................

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
cic.gc.ca is the best consultant! i never advice anyone to go to theses thugs. my opinion excuse me

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
fair enough, sharma

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had an immigration lawyer and she was really good. The other poster seems to have some issues since he refers to qualified professionals as "thugs."

If you are confident of your own knowledge and legal expertise do it yourself, if not hire assistance. Just like with everything else in life...

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
It can be done on your own if you have the time and patience. Otherwise use a recommended consultant. There are many good consultants as a lot of people here will vouch for.
I think to generalise all consultants as thugs is a very unfair opinion. There are a certain amount of "thugs" in every walk of life.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Pooja,

There are couple of seperate threads going-on this forum on your query. They have all the advices, pros & cons of either and my opinion too. I advice u to read them asap.

On a perticular note, I'll will always advice u to go ahead with a Consultant, albeit of repute.

Regards.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's a metter of personal choice. if u think u can do it on ur own then go ahead, else hire a consultant. i hired one and have no issues with them. in fact i have referred to many of my frineds and clients.
sharma77 said:
cic.gc.ca is the best consultant! i never advice anyone to go to theses thugs. my opinion excuse me
no offence sharma77, but if u ask in India, politicians and doctors are thought of to be the real 'thugs'. and wrong people r everywhere including my profession, so i don't think it is right to label everyone.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
hi sanjeev
u r right
which consultants u r using
i'm also think of employing one
thanks
Pooja

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
Dear Pooja,

Do it on your own if you have average common sense, enough patience and time for research and believe in cost cutting. Otherwise go to a reputed consultant (however, even to get the right consultant, you will need common sense, patience and time and probably money). But one thing is for sure, no one, I repeat, NO ONE can make CHC grant you a VISA if you do not qualify as per the rules in www.cic.gc.ca
As per my opinion, www.cic.gc.ca has all the details. If you find any information missing in the site then I am sure you NEED NOT to know that.

Cheers

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
If everybody could do everything on their own, there wouldn't be any need of consultants in any field - be it teaching, immigration, business, healthcare, corporate strategies etc. From a psychological standpoint, a good consultant gives you that "hope" that in case you screw up on your own somewhere (we all make mistakes from time to time), there is someone to rely on.

As far as "cost-cutting" is concerned, think of the big picture. If your goal is to get PR, use some expertise instead of cutting corners. Unless of course you are the DIY kind of person and have been doing things on your own all your life.

Mark

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
hi calgirl
i agree with you
even to find someone reputed n reliable, you need time, money n patience
i tihnk i am going to go with one which is recommended and as mark said if you are DIY person (which i'm not), than do yourself.
we are paying them for the service and they should give professional service
thanks
Pooja

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
MarkCan said:
If everybody could do everything on their own, there wouldn't be any need of consultants in any field - be it teaching, immigration, business, healthcare, corporate strategies etc. From a psychological standpoint, a good consultant gives you that "hope" that in case you screw up on your own somewhere (we all make mistakes from time to time), there is someone to rely on.

As far as "cost-cutting" is concerned, think of the big picture. If your goal is to get PR, use some expertise instead of cutting corners. Unless of course you are the DIY kind of person and have been doing things on your own all your life.

Mark
I think you missed some parameters here buddy.... average common sense, patience and time. Yes, I do most of my things on my own and I am proud of it. Confidence is one of my assets.
You are hundred percent correct when you say "we all make mistakes"; After all we are human beings and so are all the "professional consultants". I suggest you please run some research on cases goofed up by consultants....it will be hard (if not impossible) to get one without any such complain tagged (mind you, I never said they never succeed). Off course you will also find cases where people tried to do it on his/her own and goofed up...however, I would say they are very few in numbers.
You are again right where you mentioned most of the things need consulting. In my opinion www.cic.gc.ca is the best ever consultant when it comes to Visa for Canada; Again, it's my opinion and it might differ from others.
"cost cutting".... I DO believe in cost-cutting in a sensible way and I am NOT ASHAMED of it. After all it's my hard earned money and I would like to spend it where it's really required. In my opinion, I would better save it to settle in Canada.
There's is nothing personal...I just shared my opinion with Pooja as I believe discussion forums are made for it. In case I have hurt someone's sentiment, it was truly unintentional.
Again....my motto on this....If some Tom Dick Harry can do it on their own then I too can. It's proven and nothing can change it.
Regards

sanjuban_ip

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
hi sanjeev,
plz tel me address of ur consultant..i m in confusion bcoz most of consultant just make the money. u can send me the details of consultancy.at my id....asap
rockingstar_72@rediffmail.com

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
The FSW application process is pretty straightforward unlike some immigration petitions to other countries. The trick or key to a successful and complete application is KEEP reading the application guide and make your mind clear about the process. If still in doubt, post questions in this forum or read the endless information available on the internet.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
calgirl said:
MarkCan said:

Mark
I think you missed some parameters here buddy.... average common sense, patience and time. Yes, I do most of my things on my own and I am proud of it. Confidence is one of my assets.
You are hundred percent correct when you say "we all make mistakes"; After all we are human beings and so are all the "professional consultants". I suggest you please run some research on cases goofed up by consultants....it will be hard (if not impossible) to get one without any such complain tagged (mind you, I never said they never succeed). Off course you will also find cases where people tried to do it on his/her own and goofed up...however, I would say they are very few in numbers.
You are again right where you mentioned most of the things need consulting. In my opinion www.cic.gc.ca is the best ever consultant when it comes to Visa for Canada; Again, it's my opinion and it might differ from others.
"cost cutting".... I DO believe in cost-cutting in a sensible way and I am NOT ASHAMED of it. After all it's my hard earned money and I would like to spend it where it's really required. In my opinion, I would better save it to settle in Canada.
There's is nothing personal...I just shared my opinion with Pooja as I believe discussion forums are made for it. In case I have hurt someone's sentiment, it was truly unintentional.
Again....my motto on this....If some Tom Dick Harry can do it on their own then I too can. It's proven and nothing can change it.
Regards
calgirl:

My remark was not really aimed at you, but just a general opinion. Like I mentioned in my comment, there is a psychological "thing" associated with consultants. Let me give you a very simple and common example. A kid goes to school where he/she gets to learn something. Yet, parents also employ the services of an external tutor. Why? Because they want to ensure that the kid does really get it right. There are kids who study on their own too, but they are far and few. With regards to consultants, my comment specifically mentioned "good consultants". Not just any consultant. How do you ensure you get a good consultant? By references or by researching.

Having said that, it is no rocket science to file for immigration on your own if you are the DIY kind of person. But a majority of people feel safe that they have at least someone to bank on, in case things take a turn for the worse. The DIY'ers of the world are far and few. If you are DIY'er, all the power to you. But it is no shame to seek external help if it helps avoid sleepless nights later.

Mark