navjyotiu

Oct 3, 2013
Chatham, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,

I am going to apply for study permit under SPP from India and in document checklists, it specifically says that Consolidated mark-sheets are not allowed. Can any one clarify, what are consolidated mark-sheets? What my understanding is, consolidated mark-sheets are the one that shows only marks scored per semester and donot show subjects in each semester and marks scored in each subject/semester wise. Is that right?

I had 6 semesters and I have 2 mark-sheets issued by my university, first mark-sheet have subjects and marks scored in them for first 4 semesters(semester wise) and second have all the subject/score information for last 2 semesters. It also shows my SGPA for each semester and CGPA, then my division Clearly. I do not have individual mark-sheets and it will take a long time for my university to issue me those(about 2 months), I am already late on my visa application, my classes starts in mid-April.

Can anyone clarify this issue, will these mark-sheet will serve the purpose?

Thanks in advance,

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navjyotiu said:
Hello,

I am going to apply for study permit under SPP from India and in document checklists, it specifically says that Consolidated mark-sheets are not allowed. Can any one clarify, what are consolidated mark-sheets? What my understanding is, consolidated mark-sheets are the one that shows only marks scored per semester and donot show subjects in each semester and marks scored in each subject/semester wise. Is that right?

I had 6 semesters and I have 2 mark-sheets issued by my university, first mark-sheet have subjects and marks scored in them for first 4 semesters(semester wise) and second have all the subject/score information for last 2 semesters. It also shows my SGPA for each semester and CGPA, then my division Clearly. I do not have individual mark-sheets and it will take a long time for my university to issue me those(about 2 months), I am already late on my visa application, my classes starts in mid-April.

Can anyone clarify this issue, will these mark-sheet will serve the purpose?

Thanks in advance,
Consolidated Marksheet contains a consolidated list of subjects in each semester with their grades and in the end the CGPA is written. Although this is clear, most of the universities and Visa Office do not accept consolidated mark sheets.

Individual marksheets will contain semester wise marks. This will have one semester per sheet with the GPA(Grade point average) in each semester.

You more or less have a consolidated mark sheet for the first 4 semesters then. But, as I understand the GPA is calculated per semester and displayed right? I think if the marksheet displays your individual score for a semester with the college administrator/examinor's signature, it should do. Else, you may have to check with your university to provide you with individual marksheets for each.

Good luck!

navjyotiu

Oct 3, 2013
Chatham, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes, the SGPA and CGPA are listed on both mark-sheets. Its just like individual mark-sheets just small in size and are fitted on one page, that's it.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navjyotiu said:
Yes, the SGPA and CGPA are listed on both mark-sheets. Its just like individual mark-sheets just small in size and are fitted on one page, that's it.
If I were the Visa Officer, I wouldnt mind because you have the individual marksheets too with SGPA and CGPA.
:)

Just so you know, there are a lot of rejections these days. And I wouldnt want you to be one of those after having an acceptance letter. Try contacting your univ once again requesting them for individual marksheets else try your luck with these.

navjyotiu

Oct 3, 2013
Chatham, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
binjoy said:
If I were the Visa Officer, I wouldnt mind because you have the individual marksheets too with SGPA and CGPA.
:)

Just so you know, there are a lot of rejections these days. And I wouldnt want you to be one of those after having an acceptance letter. Try contacting your univ once again requesting them for individual marksheets else try your luck with these.
Thanks for the insight, really appreciate it!!!