FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I suggest doing it now or they will probably be delays.

And it's October, I'm sure you won't have the expiry problems!

Cheers
Fran

hongkongguy

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
FranFran said:
Yes, I suggest doing it now or they will probably be delays.

And it's October, I'm sure you won't have the expiry problems!

Cheers
Fran
OK, can you tell me what should I do? Just bring the Form C with me to a DMP? Will they know where they should send the medical report to? I read that the doctor will not give you the report directly....they will send it to CIC directly...is that the case? Please share with me your experience. Thanks!

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hongkongguy said:
OK, can you tell me what should I do? Just bring the Form C with me to a DMP? Will they know where they should send the medical report to? I read that the doctor will not give you the report directly....they will send it to CIC directly...is that the case? Please share with me your experience. Thanks!
Yes you should make a booking with a DMP listed in the CIC website. They know where they should send the medical report to (I am sure about that!)

You are right, the doctor won't give you the report directly. In fact, it caught me by surprise to hear from them the medical report will be sent to Beijing for further process..anyway, it is none of my businesses.

Good luck. You can call the DMP practitioner if you wanna confirm...they are making big money just doing the medical checkup for applicants... 8)

hongkongguy

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
FranFran said:
Yes you should make a booking with a DMP listed in the CIC website. They know where they should send the medical report to (I am sure about that!)

You are right, the doctor won't give you the report directly. In fact, it caught me by surprise to hear from them the medical report will be sent to Beijing for further process..anyway, it is none of my businesses.

Good luck. You can call the DMP practitioner if you wanna confirm...they are making big money just doing the medical checkup for applicants... 8)
OK, I will try to make an appointment with the DMP next week, as I am having a flu now. So I guess I am pretty much all set after doing the medical and all I can do is to wait for their reply patiently.

Once again, congratulations to you :)

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hongkongguy said:
OK, I will try to make an appointment with the DMP next week, as I am having a flu now. So I guess I am pretty much all set after doing the medical and all I can do is to wait for their reply patiently.

Once again, congratulations to you :)
Thank you very much and good luck to you too!

By the way, you may consider make an appointment in advance - they can be quite fully booked!

hongkongguy

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
FranFran said:
Thank you very much and good luck to you too!

By the way, you may consider make an appointment in advance - they can be quite fully booked!
OK, thank you very much for your friendly advice! So when are you leaving to meet up your husband?

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are more than welcome. Hong Kong people should help one another!

I just sent my passport by registered mail today during lunch period.

The email from the Consulate General said it would normally takes 20 working days for them to issue a visa. So I am expecting my visa to come in early Nov. I would only book my tickets after I got the visa!

I hope to leave for Vancouver in end-Nov or early-December.

Cheers ;) ;) ;)

hongkongguy

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
FranFran said:
You are more than welcome. Hong Kong people should help one another!

I just sent my passport by registered mail today during lunch period.

The email from the Consulate General said it would normally takes 20 working days for them to issue a visa. So I am expecting my visa to come in early Nov. I would only book my tickets after I got the visa!

I hope to leave for Vancouver in end-Nov or early-December.

Cheers ;) ;) ;)

Wonderful :) Actually, my family and I are going to Vancouver for Christmas this December :) All the best to you and your family......let's see if we can see each other in Vancouver

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure! I need friends in Vancouver! ;D

Paperball

Apr 5, 2011
This is very interesting, thanks for for the info.

I got scared reading about the stories of long processing times from the HK office, but then again there don't seem to be that many actual HK residents applying for spousal sponsorship, many are from the mainland which are scrutinized more.

FranFran, did you or your spouse at least seek an immigration consultant for advice? I'm considering at least just getting some info because I think my girlfriend's circumstances might make it look like a marriage of convenience if we got married because of her many years of residence in Canada. But I think in general I have to say we look like a pretty legitimate couple otherwise.

If the processing time isn't that as bad as expected for outland, maybe it might be better to go that route for us to maintain appeal rights.

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paperball said:
This is very interesting, thanks for for the info.

I got scared reading about the stories of long processing times from the HK office, but then again there don't seem to be that many actual HK residents applying for spousal sponsorship, many are from the mainland which are scrutinized more.

FranFran, did you or your spouse at least seek an immigration consultant for advice? I'm considering at least just getting some info because I think my girlfriend's circumstances might make it look like a marriage of convenience if we got married because of her many years of residence in Canada. But I think in general I have to say we look like a pretty legitimate couple otherwise.

If the processing time isn't that as bad as expected for outland, maybe it might be better to go that route for us to maintain appeal rights.
Hi Paperball

Yes you are right. I think the 19-mth figure is not a very useful reference for us as I guess less than 10% of applicants are HK residents.
My husband and I have tried to seek advice from an immigration consultant before but decide not to use his services at the end 1) I can do it myself 2) service fee is not cheap 3) read from other Chinese forums abt how frustrating the experience dealing with immigration consultants after paying them 4) I don't know who are the crook consultants and don't wanna deal with them

The CIC website said outland cases are processed faster.

Same as you. My husband has many years of residence in Canada. He moved to Vancouver for 10 years. Anyway, I've known him for 17 years and I provided enough support to prove our relationship. I'm so lucky to have the selection interview waived.

Good luck.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Paperball

Apr 5, 2011
I'm not concerned of doing the application myself, I guess I just wanted some advice of which route is probably more effective, but in general the immigration consultant industry seems very sketchy to me.

I've known my gf for 8 years - we met at university, we've "dated" for 1 year you can say. It's not like we have a 10 year age gap or something crazy. I was born in Canada and lived here all my life.

Do you have any other anecdotal evidence that actual HK resident spouses are faster?

Thanks! :D

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are not many HK people emigrating to Canada in recent years. But I do see at least 3 cases of HK residents getting approvals in a few month's time!

lcsjv

Oct 25, 2011
Franfran - that is quite fast. The consulate received the application in early Jun 2011 and I am still waiting... I sent my Letter of Release and police checks in early Sept 2011. It is now late Oct 2011 and no response.