Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
With all due respect, Do you remember when you responded to my inquiry many times over? Didnt you imply that my chances are slim? - THIS ONLY PROVES THAT YOU DONT KNOW EVERYTHING AND DO NOT JUMP INTO CONCLUSION OF MISREPRESENTATION RIGHT WAY. Again, i will stress out that you are not part of CIC NEITHER AM I...Shhh....Stop sounding like you know better than everyone here. Because when you advise me before it was not helpful at all. Thanks.
Maybe your chances were slim, but you luckily still got your PR approved. Slim does not equal zero. Did I say you had zero chance? With all due respect you need to understand the difference between someone telling you that you have absolutely no chance so shouldn't bother applying, or someone telling you that you may have a slim chance based on other similar app results, the specific reasons for that opinion, and to prepare you better for what to expect.

And I still repeat, if you have lived with someone in a conjugal relationship for 12 months yet it's not declared on a PR app, that is clear misrepresentation. There is no debate about this, the rules are incredibly clear on this. I have no idea why you are trying to argue this point as you are clearly wrong here and any notion otherwise could be incredibly harmful to others if they think they can simply not declare common-law relationships.

Reactions: KBH and kcward7

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
With all due respect, Do you remember when you responded to my inquiry many times over? Didnt you imply that my chances are slim? - THIS ONLY PROVES THAT YOU DONT KNOW EVERYTHING AND DO NOT JUMP INTO CONCLUSION OF MISREPRESENTATION RIGHT WAY. Again, i will stress out that you are not part of CIC NEITHER AM I...Shhh....Stop sounding like you know better than everyone here. Because your advised given to me before was not helpful at all. Thanks.
Also maybe you should actually read the advice I gave you back then. I NEVER claimed your case was impossible, and told you multiple ways to put together a strong conjugal app.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-met-my-conjugal-partner-online.277358/

You even stated specifically to my advice:
"Thanks for the input, i totally agree with you "
"Rob_TO- Thank you so much for the wonderful inputs"
"Rob_TO - Thank you so much for the precise answer, At least i have an idea now on how i can do it:"

Doesn't sound like "not helpful" to me. Plus looking back, I never even said you had a slim chance, and that it was really all up to the visa officer.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBH and kcward7

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Also maybe you should also actually read the advice I gave you back then. I NEVER claimed your case was impossible, and told you multiple ways to put together a strong conjugal app.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-met-my-conjugal-partner-online.277358/

You even stated specifically to my advice:
"Thanks for the input, i totally agree with you "
"Rob_TO- Thank you so much for the wonderful inputs"
"Rob_TO - Thank you so much for the precise answer, At least i have an idea now on how i can do it:"

Doesn't sound like "not helpful" to me. Plus looking back, I never even said you had a slim chance, and that it was really all up to the visa officer.
I was being polite to you back then as a genuine Canadian born here kiddo, you have no idea how i feel back then, its in my culture to be nice to people and its in my blood to be appreciative. I dont know where you are from but if im not mistaken you are a landed immigrant here too. You know the feeling of these people, you were once in this situation, try to be compasionate. Ok?

The bottom line here is you are not PART OF CIC THUS STOP SAYING CONCLUSIVE RESULT THAT SOUNDS SO DISCOURAGING TO OTHERS. Read my comments its plain and simple.

Sadly, your thought and suggestions back then are diabolical and disaster. Your advise to me was to get married in other countries and do common law instead of conjugal app- thats what i remember and that was ALL WRONG. I refused to have an arguement with you here.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Maybe your chances were slim, but you luckily still got your PR approved.
Let me make you understand that im a Canadian born male here and i petitioned my transgender wife under conjugal category. I dont think LUCK is the right word for this. Our case are based on facts and CIC saw that not chance.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I was being polite to you back then as a genuine Canadian born here kiddo, you have no idea how i feel back then, its in my culture to be nice to people and its in my blood to be appreciative. I dont know where you are from but if im not mistaken you are a landed immigrant here too. You know the feeling of these people, you were once in this situation, try to be compasionate. Ok?

The bottom line here is you are not PART OF CIC THUS STOP SAYING CONCLUSIVE RESULT THAT SOUNDS SO DISCOURAGING TO OTHERS. Read my comments its plain and simple.

Sadly, your thought and suggestions back then are diabolical and disaster. Your advise to me was to get married in other countries and do common law instead of conjugal app- thats what i remember and that was ALL WRONG. I refused to have an arguement with you here.
Again, go click the link to your old thread above, and actually go back and READ what I posted. I didn't say you must apply as common-law or get married in other countries, you are simply lying now or are extremely confused at what I wrote. People may suggest you get married or become common-law if you can, but I clearly stated multiple times that if those options aren't available to you then a conjugal app would be your best option. So my advice to you was 100% correct.

And again, the statement on misrepresentation is to do with a common-law partner not being declared. IT DOES NOT EVEN APPLY TO THE SITUATION HERE so I have no idea why you're even mentioning it. It is supposed to be discouraging, to make sure everyone declares a common-law partner if they have one. To not do so leads to disastrous results of never being able to sponsor your partner.

Drapath88

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Are you sure about Curaçao?

To my knowledge, there's no same sex marriage in Curaçao. Bonaire, however, will perform Same Sex Marriages. Both are parts of the Kingdom of the Netherlands but Curaçao is a country within the kingdom and as such has its own civil code and marriage laws. Bonaire is a special municipality of the European part of the Netherlands and therefore the same civil codes relating to marriage apply in Bonaire (and Saba and St. Eustatius) as they would in the Netherlands in Europe.

To get a visa for the Caribbean Netherlands, you would have to apply to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. This visa would grant you access to Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, Sint Eustatius, and Sint Maarten, though it would not apply for the Netherlands in Europe.

Coming from India, you would also need to see if you would need a transit visa to get to any of these islands. There are direct flights from Amsterdam, and many North American destinations.

There are also many steps and a lot of paperwork involved in getting married in the Netherlands (which would include Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius). Despite being a Dutch citizen my husband and I chose to marry in Canada because of all the paperwork each of us would have to submit as neither of us were born in the Netherlands and it would have been difficult to produce for us.

I think the person who posted just above me is giving you some good advice, and speaking from their own experience with conjugal sponsorship. Though it's one of the harder classes to get approved under for family sponsorship, it's not impossible. I know I said that you'd have to exhaust all your other options first, but to me it seems that your options are already very limited. Try getting a visitor visa for a European country, try Canada, and try the USA. If you're rejected in all three you'll already have a lot to show IRCC that you should be considered under the conjugal category but you'll still need to provide a lot of other supporting evidence to back up your relationship.
I'm sorry, you're right. I met a gay couple who get married 1 year ago and i thought i was in Curaçao but now i remember it was Boinaire

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Again, go click the link to your old thread above, and actually go back and READ what I posted. I didn't say you must apply as common-law or get married in other countries, you are simply lying now or are extremely confused at what I wrote. People may suggest you get married or become common-law if you can, but I clearly stated multiple times that if those options aren't available to you then a conjugal app would be your best option. So my advice to you was 100% correct.

And again, the statement on misrepresentation is to do with a common-law partner not being declared. IT DOES NOT EVEN APPLY TO THE SITUATION HERE so I have no idea why you're even mentioning it. It is supposed to be discouraging, to make sure everyone declares a common-law partner if they have one. To not do so leads to disastrous results of never being able to sponsor your partner.
You still dont get it, what im trying to get here is your attitude of being assumptive of MISREPRESENTATION and lack of EMPATHY to these applicants.

Are you a Licensed Canadian Immigration Lawyer? The reason why i ask is because im not. Is it too hard to admit that you are not part of CIC THUS YOUR “BEST PRACTICED” ADVISED ARE NOT 100% guaranteed. Do you know who can guarantee this? Only CIC and NOT YOU. PERIOD. -END OF CONVERSATION.

The applicant can still chose the best path towards their application and i hope for best for them. Im not arguing about common law here because only the applicant knows the exact details about their relationship should they chose common law or conjugal. Now, Im challenging you about “misrepresentation and your attitude on this matter”

Dont make it sounds like you are an expert and you can speak in behalf of CIC, in the end of the day, You were once landed immigrant here and you petition your partner. Period. You are not better than anyone else here trying to help the best way they know how using the right approach and boosting their morale on this difficult situation.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You still dont get it, what im trying to get here is your attitude of being assumptive of MISREPRESENTATION and lack of EMPATHY to these applicants.

Are you a Licensed Canadian Immigration Lawyer? The reason why i ask is because im not. Is it too hard to admit that you are not part of CIC THUS YOUR “BEST PRACTICED” ADVISED ARE NOT 100% guaranteed. Do you know who can guarantee this? Only CIC and NOT YOU. PERIOD. -END OF CONVERSATION.

The applicant can still chose the best path towards their application and i hope for best for them. Im not arguing about common law here because only the applicant knows the exact details about their relationship should they chose common law or conjugal. Now, Im challenging you about “misrepresentation and your attitude on this matter”

Dont make it sounds like you are an expert and you can speak in behalf of CIC, in the end of the day, You were once landed immigrant here and you petition your partner. Period. You are not better than anyone else here trying to help the best way they know how using the right approach and boosting their morale on this difficult situation.
Hmm you still don't acknowledge that you lied about what I supposedly told you before. I guess you went back and actually read all my old advice to you, and saw that I was right.

Anyways they are not common-law and shouldn't apply as such. This is just according to the facts, not even opinion. I have no idea what you are arguing as it's irrelevant to this specific case.

And by the way I was never a landed immigrant so no idea why you keep bringing this up. You seem to be very confused on many things.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Hmm you still don't acknowledge that you lied about what I supposedly told you before. I guess you went back and actually read all my old advice to you, and saw that I was right.

Anyways they are not common-law and shouldn't apply as such. This is just according to the facts, not even opinion. I have no idea what you are arguing as it's irrelevant to this specific case.

And by the way I was never a landed immigrant so no idea why you keep bringing this up. You seem to be very confused on many things.

Why would i lie for this matter? It wont benefit me kiddo. I said my piece already if you dont agree theres nothing i can do for you here, im too old to be your grandfather. Learn manners and be more empathic thats what im saying. its plain and simple.

You didnt answer my question though, are you part of CIC OR AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER? Speak up. If not, stop acting like one.

I know its hard to accept that you are not CIC AND YOUR BEST OPINION FAILED. Im a living proof on that. Anyways, i wont waste my time on this non sense convo with you. My intention was very clear from the start that there insensitive people like you who can make people feel discourage.

You dont sounds like real Canadian to me thats why i have to call your attention.

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Why would i lie for this matter? It wont benefit me kiddo. I said my piece already if you dont agree theres nothing i can do for you here, im too old to be your grandfather. Learn manners and be more empathic thats what im saying. its plain and simple.

You didnt answer my question though, are you part of CIC OR AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER? Speak up. If not, stop acting like one.

I know its hard to accept that you are not CIC AND YOUR BEST OPINION FAILED. Im a living proof on that. Anyways, i wont waste my time on this non sense convo with you. My intention was very clear from the start that there insensitive people like you who can make people feel discourage.

You dont sounds like real Canadian to me thats why i have to call your attention.
I don't know why you're lying. Either you're confused, delusional, or just a troll who likes to start pointless arguments.

Here again is your post when you applied for PR for your partner: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-met-my-conjugal-partner-online.277358/
- I stated, and I quote: "It's really up to a visa officer if they will accept your conjugal application or not."
and
"The only way to know if your conjugal case will be successful, is to apply with a strong app with lots of evidence, and wait for the feedback from CIC."
- I never once said your app had a low or bad chance of success
- I never once said you needed to get married or become common-law. If these are not possible then a conjugal app is recommended
- I gave multiple pieces of advice for a strong conjugal app, which you agreed with and thanked me for several times
- Your app was eventually successful, so obviously the advice i gave worked perfectly.
- I even posted on one of your other threads, that I thought you were worrying too much about a refusal as your app had a decent chance of success.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-if-my-outland-conjugal-application-is-refused-whats-next.471029/page-2#post-5731119
"In your case you have shown barriers such as denied TRVs, and showing that living together in Philippines could be very difficult. You have a decent enough chance to be approved, so really I wouldn't worry about possible denial or appealing,"
- you then have the nerve to post later that I told you your app wouldn't succeed, I demanded you become common-law or married, and I gave you bad advice... all complete lies.

If you think I posted anything negative about your application back in 2015, please post my exact quote here. The thread is easily seen in the link I posted. If you can't find even 1 post of mine that backs up your insult, that says it all about your character.

Oh and nobody here is an IRCC employee or immigration consultant. So according to you, nobody should give opinions so this site should be taken down?? There are LOTS of key rules within IRCC that are very clear on what is misrepresentation, so any knowledgeable member will point those out. As well this site is just full of posts of IRCC employees and consultants/lawyers who've given very wrong advice causing great harm to people's apps.

You are by far one of the most insensitive and rude posters I've ever seen on this site. Please look long and hard in the mirror before throwing insults at others that have zero merit behind them.

Last edited:

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
OP, try to join a group in Facebook called "2017-2018 Canada Spousal Sponsorship" the group are mostly Filipinos but conjugal applications for same sex partners are reporting successful outcomes. One I've read only waited 6 months to get a PR visa. Good luck!

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
With all due respect, Do you remember when you responded to my inquiry many times over? Didnt you imply that my chances are slim? - THIS ONLY PROVES THAT YOU DONT KNOW EVERYTHING AND DO NOT JUMP INTO CONCLUSION OF MISREPRESENTATION RIGHT WAY. Again, i will stress out that you are not part of CIC NEITHER AM I...Shhh....Stop sounding like you know better than everyone here. Because your advised given to me before was not helpful at all. Thanks.
Maybe you should stop shouting. It's rude and not necessary to the discussion.

Just because your case was successful does not mean that everyone else's will be. I'm genuinely happy that your application was approved. However the posters on this forum have seen many more applications that were refused, so are trying to give advice with the knowledge they have gained over years of experience.

Oh, and I agree with Rob_TO on this. He's been nothing but helpful and honest in his advice.

Hardeep1991

May 11, 2018
Again only CIC can decide about the fate of their situation. Dont jump to “mispresentation” right away esp if you are not part of CIC. As i said a notarized cover letter maybe a big help to explain their situation and they can even ask for lgbt support groups on how can they best improve their situation if all effort are wasted. I am a born citizen of this Country and not a landed immigrant. I petitioned my partner and it was sweetest thing that happen in my life. Canadians are understanding and compassionate people. Just be positive.

This is a perfect and exact situation when most of the advise here are boxed (not all ofcourse, there are some nicer people here who can really help in providing clear information without making you feel discourage) I was on the same shoes before, I clearly remember when the only option they give me here are mostly negative and discouraging. They clearly said that the chance of my conjugal partner’s approval is slim. (See my time lime story and you will see those people who give me wrong advise, see it for your self) They said that the best route is either spousal or common law. Well, IVE PROVEN THEM ALL WRONG.

Good luck to your application and you have my best wishes.
Thank you so much for the precise answer, At least i have an idea now on how i start my application and get a step closer to my partner.
I know i am asking for a lot of help, but i would like to ask you a few more questions specific to our application. Since you have successfully walked on the conjugal path, your advise will be lifesaving. Could you please share your email or whatsapp number (whichever medium is comfortable for u) on my email id hardy.boy.19@gmail.com ?