+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsorship

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi, Syclla

I have got the GCMS notes today in which it’s mentioned that I’m scheduled with an interview.

Does it mean that they are processing my conjugal application as I was told before that I’ll be refused right away because I don’t qualify as conjugal partner.

I never applied for tourist visa and filed PR as a conjugal that was the primary reason why I was told that I don't have any immigration barriers.

Could you please shed your light on it, looking forward for your revert for the same !!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Syclla

I have got the GCMS notes today in which it’s mentioned that I’m scheduled with an interview.

Does it mean that they are processing my conjugal application as I was told before that I’ll be refused right away because I don’t qualify as conjugal partner.

I never applied for tourist visa and filed PR as a conjugal that was the primary reason why I was told that I don't have any immigration barriers.

Could you please shed your light on it, looking forward for your revert for the same !!!
Interviews are only called when IRCC has concerns with your application or the relationship. It's basically not good news when an interview is requested because it means there is an issue with your application from IRCC's perspective.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi, Scylla..

Thanks for the quick response, I would like to add that I’ve been in this relationship from past 8 years so If it comes to genuineness of relationship, I would love to see the officers in interview.

The only concern I have that back than I have been told by you that I’ll be refused right away because I don’t qualify for this conjugal sponsorship as I have no immigration barriers.

I am not demeaning you but if they think I’m not eligible for this category they would have refused me right way and won’t called me for an interview.

I hope I am making sense here, Waiting’s for your kind revert and thanks in advance !!

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Scylla..

Thanks for the quick response, I would like to add that I’ve been in this relationship from past 8 years so If it comes to genuineness of relationship, I would love to see the officers in interview.

The only concern I have that back than I have been told by you that I’ll be refused right away because I don’t qualify for this conjugal sponsorship as I have no immigration barriers.

I am not demeaning you but if they think I’m not eligible for this category they would have refused me right way and won’t called me for an interview.

I hope I am making sense here, Waiting’s for your kind revert and thanks in advance !!
The interview may be to determine if you qualify as conjugal.

What else do your GCMS notes say? Typically the GCMS notes give an indication about exactly why an interview is being requested. Do your GCMS notes have these details?

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hey @scylla thanks again for your revert.

They didn’t mention the reason for the interview, What I saw I’m writing it below.

Criminality- Passed
Background- Still in process
Que for Interview
Case is not Routine case
Medical Expired.

These are the above things I saw on their.

If the IRCC refuse my application I am gonna take my partner to a third country to spend my lifetime. I’ve gone through enough without her and I’m sick of being waiting.

Also suffering from separation anxiety ever since this covid19 outbreak, Sorry I don’t want to write all these things but I couldn’t control my emotions, believe me we both are falling apart and it’s impacting our mental health.

Once again I really appreciate your input which makes everyone happy and bring a big chunk of smile on their faces. !!!

• Sad
Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey @scylla thanks again for your revert.

They didn’t mention the reason for the interview, What I saw I’m writing it below.

Criminality- Passed
Background- Still in process
Que for Interview
Case is not Routine case
Medical Expired.

These are the above things I saw on their.

If the IRCC refuse my application I am gonna take my partner to a third country to spend my lifetime. I’ve gone through enough without her and I’m sick of being waiting.

Also suffering from separation anxiety ever since this covid19 outbreak, Sorry I don’t want to write all these things but I couldn’t control my emotions, believe me we both are falling apart and it’s impacting our mental health.

Once again I really appreciate your input which makes everyone happy and bring a big chunk of smile on their faces. !!!
I would recommend that you order your GCMS notes again once you have a date for your interview. Typically the GCMS notes indicate why the interview is required.

Your case has been flagged as non-routine. This, along with the interview requirement, unfortunately means you can expect processing to take longer than it would for a normal application.

I would also recommend that you use the search feature on this forum to find old threads / discussions that provide the list of questions that are often asked in interviews.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Thanks @scylla for the information.
I’m gonna order the GCMS notes once again but believe me I don’t have to prepare myself for the interview as I know each and everything about my partner. Technically I really want to see the visa officers in the interview, I also want them to see how strong we are tied together.

We have been together since 2013 and she visited me 5 times until 2019.

On a honest note what do you think about us ?
Do you think are they gonna refuse us, We have provided every single details to the IRCC while submitting the application.

I’m sorry in advance if I’m draining you out.
Thanks !!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks @scylla for the information.
I’m gonna order the GCMS notes once again but believe me I don’t have to prepare myself for the interview as I know each and everything about my partner. Technically I really want to see the visa officers in the interview, I also want them to see how strong we are tied together.

We have been together since 2013 and she visited me 5 times until 2019.

On a honest note what do you think about us ?
Do you think are they gonna refuse us, We have provided every single details to the IRCC while submitting the application.

I’m sorry in advance if I’m draining you out.
Thanks !!!
I would strongly recommend that you review the list of questions that are often asked in these interviews. In my opinion, it is a big mistake not to prepare. This is not a time to be over-confident. This is a time to be over-prepared. That's my advice to you.

My honest thoughts are that IRCC is going to struggle to understand why you have never applied for a TRV to visit her in Canada if you have been in a committed relationship since 2013. I think this is a big gap in your application and something you will need to explain in the interview to their satisfaction.

Reactions: canuck78

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Thanks @scylla for your feedback.

I will start preparing the questions for the interview. I was not overconfident, I was angry though.

Thanks again for your help, I will let you know once I get their decision on my application. In the last I want you to keep both of us in your prayers !!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Interviews are only called when IRCC has concerns with your application or the relationship. It's basically not good news when an interview is requested because it means there is an issue with your application from IRCC's perspective.
I don't think it's necessarily bad news. I've spoken with many Canadian/Tunisian couples and in this kind of situation it just seems standard - often due to cultural differences. I say this, because in our case it seemed like a formality, the questions were not aggressive nor difficult - simply about his work, how we met, how he could afford such an "expensive" engagement ring, why he made a specific comment on one of my photos.... there was like 7 questions and it lasted 15 minutes and he said it was a relaxed and pleasant experience. The couple after us, had the same interviewer, totally different experience that resulted in a refusal. I think when it's a high fraud country, often developing and a biracial marriage you're almost certain to get an interview.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Any updates?
Hi there,

On May 31, 2022 I have gone under interview and had a long discussion with the interviewer. After explaining a long while, I had been told that he’s satisfied with my application and the next day I got my pre arrival services letter and the re-medical request too.

Now I am stuck with background check but believe me it’s very very hard..

will update once I get the passport request..

@scylla Any idea how long will it take for them to send me the passport request. Got the pre arrival on june 2, and passed the medical on june 24

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

On May 31, 2022 I have gone under interview and had a long discussion with the interviewer. After explaining a long while, I had been told that he’s satisfied with my application and the next day I got my pre arrival services letter and the re-medical request too.

Now I am stuck with background check but believe me it’s very very hard..

will update once I get the passport request..

@scylla Any idea how long will it take for them to send me the passport request. Got the pre arrival on june 2, and passed the medical on june 24
Sorry, don't know.

If your background check is still in progress, it may be hard to say how long since that has to complete first.

Reactions: Faraz Khan

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Sorry, don't know.

If your background check is still in progress, it may be hard to say how long since that has to complete first.
Hi Scylla,

Sorry I’m disturbing you once again, I was wondering since they have flagged my application as a non routine case, Do you think even after getting pre-arrival services letter they will treat my application as a non routine case and will do the background checks at the same pace.

Waiting for your valuable response !!