+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsorship 2019

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Sir... My wife sponsor her first husband from india... He reject 10 year ago... Then no contact with each other. He never traveled canada. After that he told he done divorce in india...
After that me and my partner we met and marriage in india..my wife sponsor me but i refused bcz visa officer told wife first marriage is legally valid...
Then my wife apply divorce from canada from her first husband and its done...
Now we are planning to apply conjugal sponsorship... We have all proof, my wife mother came india met my family, we have letters, photo, money transfer reciepts

My wife cant come to canada. Her father had open heart surgery last month.. Her family dont wana take risk during covid..
Can we apply conjugal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sir... My wife sponsor her first husband from india... He reject 10 year ago... Then no contact with each other. He never traveled canada. After that he told he done divorce in india...
After that me and my partner we met and marriage in india..my wife sponsor me but i refused bcz visa officer told wife first marriage is legally valid...
Then my wife apply divorce from canada from her first husband and its done...
Now we are planning to apply conjugal sponsorship... We have all proof, my wife mother came india met my family, we have letters, photo, money transfer reciepts

My wife cant come to canada. Her father had open heart surgery last month.. Her family dont wana take risk during covid..
Can we apply conjugal
You are not conjugal.

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
When i marry with my wife we both did not know her first marriage was valid... We did court marriage and marriage in society.. How can i do second marriage to my same partner... I visit marriage registrare office in punjab they said u r married valid in india.... Dost matter its valid in canada or not...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When i marry with my wife we both did not know her first marriage was valid... We did court marriage and marriage in society.. How can i do second marriage to my same partner... I visit marriage registrare office in punjab they said u r married valid in india.... Dost matter its valid in canada or not...
So you are both bigamists and didn’t get divorced and married each other. Get divorced to your first wife. Still don’t know how this is conjugal.

I will

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Automatically our marriage void... Bcz when i married with my wife she did not legally divorce from her first marriage.

So now my wife took divorce from her first marriage... But me and my wife stuck....

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Can we apply conjugal
Do you live together? If you've been living together for more than 12 months, you can apply common law and there should not be any significant issue (even if technically your current marriage is not valid).

The alternative is eg have your first marriage annulled/get divorced and remarry.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Automatically our marriage void... Bcz when i married with my wife she did not legally divorce from her first marriage.

So now my wife took divorce from her first marriage... But me and my wife stuck....
You are not conjugal. You get your first marriage annulled and then remarry. Then your wife can sponsor you when she is in Canada. She can’t sponsor you unless she is living in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you live together? If you've been living together for more than 12 months, you can apply common law and there should not be any significant issue (even if technically your current marriage is not valid).

The alternative is eg have your first marriage annulled/get divorced and remarry.
IMportant note: since your spouse is living abroad, she will have to show intent to return to canada and serious plans to do so; there's no sponsorship process for those that don't plan to return with their spouses or intend to settle in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I discuss with indian lawyer If i annuled our marriage .. Court put her into bigamy
Again, if you are common law - meaning (for immigration purposes) have resided together for more than twelve months, this all becomes irrelevant for the sponsorship.

(You may have reason to fix the issue separately but should not be necessary for immigration)