Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Hi,

To all conjugal application filed in 2019, let us start this thread to update everyone and share the status of our application.

Thank you.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
My timeline:

sponsor - PR
PA - Philippines

July 8 - App Received
Sep 5 - AOR
Sep 11 - SA/Bio Req
Sep 13 - Med Req
Sep 16 - ADR ( Police Clearance)
Sep 18 - ADR Submitted
Sep 19 - File trans to MVO
Sep 23 - AOR2
Sep 24 - ADR Received
Oct 03 - Med Done

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Hello there! Can you file an application while inside Canada on visit visa?
No, you can’t as there’s no immigration barrier on your case and the applicant should be outside canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Im just confused because ive read from sone threads that it is neessary that u declare a conjugal partner before landing.please enlighten me on this. thanks
Nowhere on the IRCC website does it state that a conjugal partner must be declared. Only spouses and common-law partners must be declared.

Dec 22, 2019
Nowhere on the IRCC website does it state that a conjugal partner must be declared. Only spouses and common-law partners must be declared.
Greetings to everyone and Happy Holidays!!
I have a very complicated case and I do not know where to begin.

I started a relationship with my boyfriend 8 years ago while i was still in the Philippines where annullment which is a very lengthy and costly process is the only option. We are both married, and by the time we started the relationship he was separated from his wife for few years already due to infidelity issue on her side and as of now his wife is living with another man.

I came to Canada 3 years ago and became a PR just few months ago with us maintaining our communication and relationship with few visits in the Philippines the past years.

With this being said, my question is am I qualified to sponsor him through the congugal sponsorship? And I failed to declare him at the beginning of my PR app and after landing.

My biggest concern is that we got to live together like less than 3 months in the Philippines one time before I got my PR and for few months again after I landed so I assume we are not common law. but the thing is, right now he is living at my place in the Phillipines so technically right now we have the same address in the Philippines. Given this situation, i am concerned that despite our marriages in the past CIC might suggest that I go back to the Philippines and establish the 12 months cohabitation so we can establish common law considering that he is staying at my place and his wife is in another relationship and cohabiting with another guy already .

I am planning to file the application next year.

I hope you can help me with this kind of situation im in.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019
Greetings to everyone and Happy Holidays!!
I have a very complicated case and I do not know where to begin.

I started a relationship with my boyfriend 8 years ago while i was still in the Philippines where annullment which is a very lengthy and costly process is the only option. We are both married, and by the time we started the relationship he was separated from his wife for few years already due to infidelity issue on her side and as of now his wife is living with another man.

I came to Canada 3 years ago and became a PR just few months ago with us maintaining our communication and relationship with few visits in the Philippines the past years.

With this being said, my question is am I qualified to sponsor him through the congugal sponsorship?

My biggest concern is that we got to live together like less than 3 months in the Philippines one time before I got my PR and for few months again after I landed so I assume we are not common law. but the thing is, right now he is living at my place in the Phillipines so technically right now we have the same address in the Philippines. I am confused with what I am supposed to do given this situation

I am planning to file the application next year.

I hope you can help me with this kind of situation im in.
and i was not able to inform CIC regarding this relationship prior PR application and after landing.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Having lived there for 3 months IRCC could request you to live there for 12 months to establish a common law relationship. Both of you would also have to satisfy the officer that you guys have exhausted all means to try to get annulments of your previous marriages.

Dec 22, 2019
Having lived there for 3 months IRCC could request you to live there for 12 months to establish a common law relationship. Both of you would also have to satisfy the officer that you guys have exhausted all means to try to get annulments of your previous marriages.
Isnt it good enough reason to say that divorce is not allowed in the Philippines and if I chose to live with my partner for an extended period of time like for a year I can face criminal charges because that would mean they would want me t take such risks?

i am assuming CIC doesnt require that applicant file for annulment?