+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsorship 2019

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Also as canuck stated earlier you guys should have net in person a few times before submitting the application. Having met online and only met in person once will greatly reduce the approval chances of conjugal sponsorship. You should plan to meet in person several times before submitting your application.
I have known his family since 2006 I have pictures dating that far back and have been to his country 10+ times in the last 10 years. Recently visited and will be back in a couple weeks

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Any word in this thread we passed medical dec 11 and haven’t heard anything since
We got Passport request last Feb 11
We received COPR and passport with visa Feb 19

Reactions: armoured

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Amazing what is time line and relationship details??
App. Filed.......July 8, 2019
AOR Received.Sept 5, 2019
Bio Request - Sep 10, 2019
Med Request - Sept 13, 2019
Bio Done - Sept 17, 2019
File Transfer to MVO - Sept 19, 2019
Med's Done - Oct 03, 2019
Med passed - Oct 10, 2019
PFL request - Dec 12, 2019
PFL submitted - Dec 27, 2019
No update since then
Nov 2020 - received a follow up letter from MVO regarding an update on PFL that was requested last Dec 12 ( i guess they did not received the one we sent so I just forwarded the same PFL we sent Dec 27)
Dec 2020 - pre arrival letter
Dec 28, 2020 - remedical requested
January 7, 2021 - remedical done
Feb 11, 2021 - passport request
Feb 15 - passport submitted
Feb 19 - visa and COPR received

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Bio Done - Sept 17, 2019
No update since then
Nov 2020 - received a follow up letter from MVO regarding an update on PFL that was requested last Dec 12 ( i guess they did not received the one we sent so I just forwarded the same PFL we sent Dec 27)
Hey what is PFL? Thanks so much for update!

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Bio Done - Sept 17, 2019
No update since then
Hey! I just received a PFL
It looks like it is similar to yours
I’m wondering what you sent in to justify why you did not get an annulment
I’ve written a really long letter quoting a lot of CIC

quidato.26

Jun 17, 2020
Greetings to everyone and Happy Holidays!!
I have a very complicated case and I do not know where to begin.

I started a relationship with my boyfriend 8 years ago while i was still in the Philippines where annullment which is a very lengthy and costly process is the only option. We are both married, and by the time we started the relationship he was separated from his wife for few years already due to infidelity issue on her side and as of now his wife is living with another man.

I came to Canada 3 years ago and became a PR just few months ago with us maintaining our communication and relationship with few visits in the Philippines the past years.

With this being said, my question is am I qualified to sponsor him through the congugal sponsorship? And I failed to declare him at the beginning of my PR app and after landing.

My biggest concern is that we got to live together like less than 3 months in the Philippines one time before I got my PR and for few months again after I landed so I assume we are not common law. but the thing is, right now he is living at my place in the Phillipines so technically right now we have the same address in the Philippines. Given this situation, i am concerned that despite our marriages in the past CIC might suggest that I go back to the Philippines and establish the 12 months cohabitation so we can establish common law considering that he is staying at my place and his wife is in another relationship and cohabiting with another guy already .

I am planning to file the application next year.

I hope you can help me with this kind of situation im in.
hi, did you submit your conjugal application already?

quidato.26

Jun 17, 2020
Hi, my name is Jo Ann a permanent resident here in toronto. I have a partner in the philippines and we’ve been together for more than 2 years already, he is previously married with 1 child (11 years old) and on the process of annulment and Court decision was released already declaring marriage as null and void. As of now we are still waiting for his marriage certificate with null and void stamp and due to covid it’s taking a long time for the philippine statistic office to release it. I was reading a lot about spousal, common law and conjugal sponsorship and as of now I want to see if we are qualified for conjugal sponsorship. I looking into fastest way for me to sponsor my partner and we can be together because I’m afraid it’s not easy if we’ll do the spousal sponsorship for such reason that I can’t go home and get married anytime due to quarantine and the risk of being stuck and possible 4th wave.

Hoping for your response.

Thank you and godbless

macrice

Jan 2, 2021
Manila, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
03-06-2020
AOR Received.
19-12-2020
Med's Request
15-01-2021
Passport Req..
01-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2021
Hi

I just got decision made and got my PPR last july 1 2021 and I wanna share my Conjugal Application journey.

Short background, we are a same sex couple I am from the Philippines and she is a canadian citizen. We've met online aroun 2018 at that same year she flew to meet me in malaysia at that time i was a student there, we traveled to Singapore around that same visit and she met both my parents.

Around 2019 she visited me again in the Philippines as I finished my studying in Malaysia and is back in the Philippines, she met half of my family from my grandmother to my uncle and aunts.

Later that year, her father visited the Philippines and also visited my province to meet me along with his sisters, added all these evidences/pictures for our future application.

We decide to apply by the help of an immigration lawyer, our application was received by IRCC on June 2020, noted we submitted tons of evidences for our conjugal application examples are as follows:

- tons of pictures together with family, touring together, eating together etc
-Chat messages from different platforms (messenger, whatsapp, kik, Instagram) all in english
- Printed and handwritten letters with signature written in English from our families that dictates their approval of our relationship
- Remittances/gifts we sent eachother
- Multiple Facebook posts celebrating anniversary, messages of love, tags etc (some together in person, some online posts since we are ldr)
- we cannot open a bank account together or haven't found a way to since she lives in canada and seldom visits the Philippines (both of her visit to me only lasted 2 weeks) so she decided to list my name to one of her insurance from her job
- we both wrote a letter describing our relationship (how it started how we meant to eachother)

Notes to consider: The first requirement we succeeded on the conjugal application was that we cannot get married since gay marriage is illegal in the Philippines, the next one was Immigration barriers Philippines/filipinos needs visa to visit canada

I just want to emphasize on the immigration barrier, (I have never been rejected a TRV before), I have never applied to visit canada before hence the no rejection. The immigration barrier as I have understood and in my opinion it is that, first I have no family in canada to visit to, second I am in a relationship to somebody in canada which indicate that the only reason I plan to travel to canada is because of her which could get me denied.

Immigration officers final decision is decided by alot of reasons weighing pros and cons and in my opinion if you believe in your applications strength and is as transparent to immigration as you can be, you will find success.

Check signature for my timeline :)
You can message me if you have any questions.

Reactions: AidaRo

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
I just wanted to write on this forum as my spouse’s passport was just requested.
We are an opposite sex couple I am Canadian and he is Honduran.
We have known each other for many years (since 2009)
We were together as a couple for 1.5 years when we applied
Dec 18 2019
We were given PFL March 24 2021
Stating that they didn’t believe we had valid reasons not to marry or live together
I listed that we are choosing not to marry as it is are constitutional right not to.
I listed custody my agreement with my child’s father, a letter from a lawyer that spoke to my ineligibility of status other then a visitor in Honduras and that TRV would not be granted to him and listed the reasons for denial that the would give. Specifically that intending to solicite permanent status from temporary status countered the agreements to TRV. I also went on to outline the dangers and best Interest of my Canadian born child and I if we were expected to live in Canada. I also discussed complication and hardship COVID has introduced to our family unit. I requested that if they go on to deny that they consider the application for humanitarian and compassion grounds

Reactions: armoured and scylla

AidaRo

Sep 30, 2019
Hi

I just got decision made and got my PPR last july 1 2021 and I wanna share my Conjugal Application journey.

Short background, we are a same sex couple I am from the Philippines and she is a canadian citizen. We've met online aroun 2018 at that same year she flew to meet me in malaysia at that time i was a student there, we traveled to Singapore around that same visit and she met both my parents.

Around 2019 she visited me again in the Philippines as I finished my studying in Malaysia and is back in the Philippines, she met half of my family from my grandmother to my uncle and aunts.

Later that year, her father visited the Philippines and also visited my province to meet me along with his sisters, added all these evidences/pictures for our future application.

We decide to apply by the help of an immigration lawyer, our application was received by IRCC on June 2020, noted we submitted tons of evidences for our conjugal application examples are as follows:

- tons of pictures together with family, touring together, eating together etc
-Chat messages from different platforms (messenger, whatsapp, kik, Instagram) all in english
- Printed and handwritten letters with signature written in English from our families that dictates their approval of our relationship
- Remittances/gifts we sent eachother
- Multiple Facebook posts celebrating anniversary, messages of love, tags etc (some together in person, some online posts since we are ldr)
- we cannot open a bank account together or haven't found a way to since she lives in canada and seldom visits the Philippines (both of her visit to me only lasted 2 weeks) so she decided to list my name to one of her insurance from her job
- we both wrote a letter describing our relationship (how it started how we meant to eachother)

Notes to consider: The first requirement we succeeded on the conjugal application was that we cannot get married since gay marriage is illegal in the Philippines, the next one was Immigration barriers Philippines/filipinos needs visa to visit canada

I just want to emphasize on the immigration barrier, (I have never been rejected a TRV before), I have never applied to visit canada before hence the no rejection. The immigration barrier as I have understood and in my opinion it is that, first I have no family in canada to visit to, second I am in a relationship to somebody in canada which indicate that the only reason I plan to travel to canada is because of her which could get me denied.

Immigration officers final decision is decided by alot of reasons weighing pros and cons and in my opinion if you believe in your applications strength and is as transparent to immigration as you can be, you will find success.

Check signature for my timeline :)
You can message me if you have any questions.

Congratulations! It's quite nice of you. thanks for sharing. My partner and I have the same case as you are. It gives us hope to succeed.
Application received : 18 Nov 2020
AOR: 28 Jan 2021
Medical request: 18 Feb 2021
Medical passed: 4 March 2021
SA: 19 Feb 2021
MVO: ??
AOR2: ??
Since SA letter we haven't heard anything. Also I don't know where is our application and how long I should expect?

macrice

Jan 2, 2021
Manila, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
03-06-2020
AOR Received.
19-12-2020
Med's Request
15-01-2021
Passport Req..
01-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2021
Congratulations! It's quite nice of you. thanks for sharing. My partner and I have the same case as you are. It gives us hope to succeed.
Application received : 18 Nov 2020
AOR: 28 Jan 2021
Medical request: 18 Feb 2021
Medical passed: 4 March 2021
SA: 19 Feb 2021
MVO: ??
AOR2: ??
Since SA letter we haven't heard anything. Also I don't know where is our application and how long I should expect?
Hi, If you havent done your biometrics most probably thats next, just have faith, be patient and never give up! if they asked for an additional requirement just do it right away, you can check my timelines from my signature of the gaps of waiting time I did to compare, but every case is different so don't expect to be the same actual waiting time. Just try to compare our timelines since you said we have a similar case. I'm Hoping the best for your application, Goodluck!

AidaRo

Sep 30, 2019
Hi, If you havent done your biometrics most probably thats next, just have faith, be patient and never give up! if they asked for an additional requirement just do it right away, you can check my timelines from my signature of the gaps of waiting time I did to compare, but every case is different so don't expect to be the same actual waiting time. Just try to compare our timelines since you said we have a similar case. I'm Hoping the best for your application, Goodluck!
Thanks for your reply back. I got my biometric as I applied for tourist visa before sponsorship application. I just wanna be sure there is no action for us to do unless waiting. Definitely such a timeline is a long process to hang in.
Have a great life together;)