Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2013 returned resent june 6, 2013
AOR Received.
july 21, 2013
Med's Done....
march 25, 2013
hi im in dire need of advise, please no hateful replies.

im already a PR here in Canada, but before i got my PR i had a boyfriend who is a tourist - also from the Philippines and we had a son, but to make things complicated, we are both married then in the Philippines. my boyfriend left, so to make things right i told my husband what happened and accepted my mistakes and i was able to sponsor my husband and my elder son into Canada, but after more than a year of struggling with our relationship we ended up in divorce, we have been divorced now for more than a year, on the other hand, i was able to reconnect with the father of my youngest son, this time he is already separated with his wife.

i am thinking of applying him as my conjugal partner, and in doing so, would it affect our status as PRs? i need your advise please, God Bless!

hbk

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
heartbreakid said:
hi im in dire need of advise, please no hateful replies.

im already a PR here in Canada, but before i got my PR i had a boyfriend who is a tourist - also from the Philippines and we had a son, but to make things complicated, we are both married then in the Philippines. my boyfriend left, so to make things right i told my husband what happened and accepted my mistakes and i was able to sponsor my husband and my elder son into Canada, but after more than a year of struggling with our relationship we ended up in divorce, we have been divorced now for more than a year, on the other hand, i was able to reconnect with the father of my youngest son, this time he is already separated with his wife.

i am thinking of applying him as my conjugal partner, and in doing so, would it affect our status as PRs? i need your advise please, God Bless!

hbk
Did you sponsor your husband in the past 5 years? If so, you will not be able to sponsor anyone until those 5 years is up.

heartbreakid

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
july 21, 2013
Med's Done....
march 25, 2013
parker24 said:
Did you sponsor your husband in the past 5 years? If so, you will not be able to sponsor anyone until those 5 years is up.
i am not informed of this new rule, it deeply saddens me, thanks for the information, do you have any link or place where i could read this
ruling?

and my other question is would you know if it would result misrepresentation on our part (even if its not really my intention) when i had a child to a married man before sponsoring my husband into Canada? thank you sooo much for your reply. :( :( :(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
heartbreakid said:
i am not informed of this new rule, it deeply saddens me, thanks for the information, do you have any link or place where i could read this
ruling?

and my other question is would you know if it would result misrepresentation on our part (even if its not really my intention) when i had a child to a married man before sponsoring my husband into Canada? thank you sooo much for your reply. :( :( :(
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-02.asp

You might have to really explain the whole situation once you are able to sponsor your next husband/boyfriend. Did you include your other child in the application at all? If not, then the child would not be able to be sponsored at all unless he or she were to come on his/her own. If so, then you should be okay. I'm not sure what you mean by misrepresention about it. Did you say the child was your husband's child?

heartbreakid

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
july 21, 2013
Med's Done....
march 25, 2013
parker24 said:
You might have to really explain the whole situation once you are able to sponsor your next husband/boyfriend. Did you include your other child in the application at all? If not, then the child would not be able to be sponsored at all unless he or she were to come on his/her own. If so, then you should be okay. I'm not sure what you mean by misrepresention about it. Did you say the child was your husband's child?
parker24 said:
sorry for the confusion, i actually included them (my husband and my eldest child) when i applied for PR, then in between that application i had a short relationship with another man who is also married and on a TRV in Canada, but he immediately left after his 6 months here, and whom fathered my youngest son, and now i am divorced for more than 2 years now, can i apply for conjugal partnership for my boyfriend because divorce is not available in the Philippines?

i was worried that CIC would say theres misrepresentation from the time of my PR application because i already had a child to another man whom i want to bring to Canada.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
heartbreakid said:
sorry for the confusion, i actually included them (my husband and my eldest child) when i applied for PR, then in between that application i had a short relationship with another man who is also married and on a TRV in Canada, but he immediately left after his 6 months here, and whom fathered my youngest son, and now i am divorced for more than 2 years now, can i apply for conjugal partnership for my boyfriend because divorce is not available in the Philippines?

i was worried that CIC would say theres misrepresentation from the time of my PR application because i already had a child to another man whom i want to bring to Canada.
Thanks for clarifying. Did you have your youngest after your husband landed? If so, I'm not ENTIRELY sure but doubt that you misrepresented anything in the application. I myself do not have children, but from my understanding that wouldn't be an issue, although it would make it harder for you as you'd have to really prove that you have a genuine relationship with the other man once the 5 years is up.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
parker24 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

It says here that for you the sponsor, 3 years should have passed since sponsoring someone else, but for the spouse that was sponsored it's 5 years that must pass.

"Relationships that are not eligible
You cannot be sponsored as a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner if:
..your sponsor previously sponsored another spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, and three years have not passed since that person became a permanent resident."

"You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:
were previously sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and became a permanent resident of Canada less than 5 years ago (See Five-year Sponsorship Bar for persons who were sponsored to come to Canada as a spouse or partner below)"

heartbreakid

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
july 21, 2013
Med's Done....
march 25, 2013
parker24 said:
Thanks for clarifying. Did you have your youngest after your husband landed? If so, I'm not ENTIRELY sure but doubt that you misrepresented anything in the application.
i had my child from another man after they landed, did i misrepresent on that fact? but we did lived in one roof for more than a year trying to patch things up but to no avail, do you think theres misrepresentation? thanks for your reply.

and thanks for the info steph c great help

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The child was born in Canada, right? In which case there is no problem there - he/she is Canadian.
If you have described things accurately, I don't think you have misrepresented anything - you got back together with your husband, sponsored him and your first child to Canada, and stayed with your husband for a year trying to patch things up. So that doesn't really look like marriage fraud. If you sponsored your husband, and he left you the day after landing, then yes, you would have a problem. As long as you were honest on the applications, you should be OK in this regard.

The sponsor has to wait for three years after the landing of a sponsored spouse or partner to be able to sponsor a new spouse or partner. Has it been three years since your husband landed?

To sponsor a conjugal partner, you must have been in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. This means more than just being boy/girlfriend: your finances should be joined as much as possible, you should be seen as partners by your community, etc. There must also be a reason why you cannot live together for a year - not wanting to leave a job is not considered a good enough reason. Not wanting to leave your child might be considered a good enough reason - if the father will not allow the child to leave Canada while you go to live in the Philippines with your boyfriend, for example. (You do have a good reason for not being able to marry, since it is illegal in the Philippines.)

You might have trouble with the visa officer, since he/she might suspect you of committing marriage fraud. You must explain that even though you and your husband had had problems, you made a sincere effort to get back together, and did live together for a year after he got to Canada.
The problem is that serial sponsorships of spouses/partners do look suspicious. To counteract this, you just have to provide much more evidence that your current relationship is genuine.

heartbreakid

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
july 21, 2013
Med's Done....
march 25, 2013
thank you soo much canadian woman for the insights great help you are a sunshine in this storm that im into :-*