+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner Sponsorship

Sep 14, 2020
Hi! Good day! I am a Filipina residing here in the Philippines and my Conjugal Partner is a Citizen in Canada. I would liket to ask if we have a chance if my partner will sponsor me and my kids. We've been in this relationship for almost two years, he visited me twice already and the reason we cant get married is that I;m still married here in the Philippines where divorce is not possible and Annulment is very expensive.

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
Hi! Good day! I am a Filipina residing here in the Philippines and my Conjugal Partner is a Citizen in Canada. I would liket to ask if we have a chance if my partner will sponsor me and my kids. We've been in this relationship for almost two years, he visited me twice already and the reason we cant get married is that I;m still married here in the Philippines where divorce is not possible and Annulment is very expensive.
Yes, as long as you can prove that the relationship is genuine. You need to provide lots of photos, screenshots of messages, plane tickets, receipts, phone call logs, bank statements ,etc.. although annulment is expensive, it would be better if you still file one (this helps determine how "genuine" your feelings for him/her). Also, try applying for TRV (if you got denied, this can be added to the barriers that prevents you & your partner from living together). it helps if you provide lists and detailed explanations of such barriers (i.e. immigration barrier, your civil status).

Sep 14, 2020
Thanks for your response yes we have lots of pictures and messages to prove that our relationship is genuine .. I was about to apply for visitors visa but then this pandemic happened. We will try it again..Is A conjugal partner included in the exception of travel ban in Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your response yes we have lots of pictures and messages to prove that our relationship is genuine .. I was about to apply for visitors visa but then this pandemic happened. We will try it again..Is A conjugal partner included in the exception of travel ban in Canada?
No, unfortunately. But part of the process for conjugal applications is demonstrating you face real and significant barriers to getting married or living together and becoming common law. So in a sense you need to get refused TRV to qualify for conjugal.

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
I am not quite sure about it, but upon applying for TRV online, there were questions you need to answer and when i got past that, it says that I am qualified. Although, I haven't yet because we are still waiting for the Sponsorship approval from our application. and one more thing, VACs in cebu and manila are currently closed.

Sep 14, 2020
thabk
No, unfortunately. But part of the process for conjugal applications is demonstrating you face real and significant barriers to getting married or living together and becoming common law. So in a sense you need to get refused TRV to qualify for conjugal.
thank you so much . I appreciate your reply I tried taking the ielts exam and created account in Provincial Nominee program at Manitoba but my score isn’t high enough to be included in the the draws.

Sep 14, 2020
I am not quite sure about it, but upon applying for TRV online, there were questions you need to answer and when i got past that, it says that I am qualified. Although, I haven't yet because we are still waiting for the Sponsorship approval from our application. and one more thing, VACs in cebu and manila are currently closed.
Hi did you also apply for conjugal partner sponsorship?

Sep 14, 2020
Nice : ) hope is goes well on your application..did you try applying for TRV before and got refused? Do i really need to get refused first before we apply for the sponsorship? Can you tell me what proof did you prepare: :) We are thinking to do this way because it is very hard to get a work permit :( and apply trhough the express entry

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
Nice : ) hope is goes well on your application..did you try applying for TRV before and got refused? Do i really need to get refused first before we apply for the sponsorship? Can you tell me what proof did you prepare: :) We are thinking to do this way because it is very hard to get a work permit :( and apply trhough the express entry
Yes, I have applied for TRV and got denied (thus, one of the reasons / barriers that qualified us under conjugal partner). Proof of Relationship(i.e. photos, plane tickets, gifts, hotel reservations under our names, receipts(movie tickets, food, purchased items),bank statements and other proof of financial supports, call logs, messages, annulment case docs, written statements from people who has knowledge about our relationship.

For screenshot of messages and any other docs, if it is not in english or french, it needs to be translated by an authorized translator and notarized. and make sure to submit more than what they require, especially on our case that we are under conjugal partner app. Our application alone was about 400+ pages, so print and scan everything that has both your names. Goodluck!

PS. also make sure you are your partner's beneficiary, scan/print those docs as well.

Sep 14, 2020
I also have a problem regarding my name, My name in my passport is married, but all other my IDs are still in my single name. What name should I use in the Sponsorship?because last time i tried applying for TRV but it didnt push through becuase of the pandemic, they told me to use the name thats in my passport.

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
I also have a problem regarding my name, My name in my passport is married, but all other my IDs are still in my single name. What name should I use in the Sponsorship?because last time i tried applying for TRV but it didnt push through becuase of the pandemic, they told me to use the name thats in my passport.
As far as I can remember is you have to use your name as shown on your passport as that would be your travel document.

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks. :) Did you do it yourself or you asked a service of some agency ..
We did it ourselves. Just follow the guide from IRCC, and if there are terms you don't understand (especially about conjugal partner questions), refer to IRCC's glossary, as most terms are used for the sole purpose of the application.

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
If you are from Cebu or anywhere near, VAC Cebu will reopen on Sep 21. You may want to start you TRV application.