N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Hi everyone,

I just would like to hear some feedback about our application for conjugal partner sponsorship. I was a Philippines Citizen when i jad ma marriage. But me and my ex husband was 16yrs separated. There’s no divorce in the Philippines and only annulment that will cost a lot o f money and long years of wait to process. Ins short, i didn’t file for annulment. I am now a canadian citizen and i didn’t apply for dual citizen as well to make the situation less complicated. I’ve got my divorce here in canada. The problem is Philippines don’t honor it since i acquired it when i still a Filipino Citizen. I have my partner right now and we are almost 2yrs in a relationship. We tried to applied for visitors visa but he got refused as well. We cannot married in the Philippines because i am still married. We applied for Conjugal partner becuase we thought this one fits to our situation. My question is what will be the chance that our application will be consider or get approve? Thank you in advance.
Hello,

when I asked a similar question to my situation, a lot of people advised me not to go through it. now that you've already applied just be patient and follow up. as long as you were able to show that you had no way of being together you're good.

best of luck to you

Mhayang

Sep 4, 2019
Hi Jaybee43,
Just would like to ask, you applied for visitors visa that was refused that why you are eligible for conjugal because one of the qualification is immigration barrier right? Did you apply for biometrics during that time? I know you can’t use biometrics frim visitors visa to PR application but do they ask you to do it again or you just pay the fee? They asked my partner to pay biometrics for PR application. He got one before from visitors visa application and valid for 10yrs. We already pay since October but until now no request for new biometrics. Do you have any idea?

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Hi jddd,

Just would like to ask, you applied for visitors visa that was refused that why you are eligible for conjugal because one of the qualification is immigration barrier right? Did you apply for biometrics during that time? I know you can’t use biometrics frim visitors visa to PR application but do they ask you to do it again or you just pay the fee? They asked my partner to pay biometrics for PR application. He got one before from visitors visa application and valid for 10yrs. We already pay since October but until now no
Hi,

When we applied for visa, we never got to the point to do the biometrics. We paid and did the biometrics during our PR application.

Not sure if they accept TRV biometrics or not, you should contact them via web form and ask.

MDEVGAN

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Hello,

I have been legally separated from my spouse for past 2 years and my divorce case is going in court in a city of Ontario. I have been in a conjugal relationship with my partner who resides in India for the past 1 year. I have applied for her TRV but that got rejected. Do you know if I qualify to apply for Conjugal sponsorship as my current marital status does not allow me to marry her and sponsor her as a spouse. My divorce case might be a little lengthy and can take a few more years. My relationship with my partner is genuine who lives at my home back in India with both of us fully dependent on each other in a marriage like relationship.