+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner Sponsorship

Mhayang

Sep 4, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just would like to hear some feedback about our application for conjugal partner sponsorship. I was a Philippines Citizen when i jad ma marriage. But me and my ex husband was 16yrs separated. There’s no divorce in the Philippines and only annulment that will cost a lot o f money and long years of wait to process. Ins short, i didn’t file for annulment. I am now a canadian citizen and i didn’t apply for dual citizen as well to make the situation less complicated. I’ve got my divorce here in canada. The problem is Philippines don’t honor it since i acquired it when i still a Filipino Citizen. I have my partner right now and we are almost 2yrs in a relationship. We tried to applied for visitors visa but he got refused as well. We cannot married in the Philippines because i am still married. We applied for Conjugal partner becuase we thought this one fits to our situation. My question is what will be the chance that our application will be consider or get approve? Thank you in advance.

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
I too have filed a conjugal, We are 8 months in an things seem to be progressing well. My situation was a little different however. I am Canadian and Divorced, PA is a Filipina who as you already mentioned can not get divorced. The major difference in our situation is what we tried not once, not twice, but THREE times to get an annulment. Each time took 2+ years, costed 5-6000$ each, and resulted in denials (Actually the second time was a scammer who produced fake documents).

Anyways, I submitted all that info in our package, including all the court documents which I think really solidified the "What other choice do we have".

While I cant speak as to your chances, I think NOT trying to get an annulment is going to hurt your case.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I just would like to hear some feedback about our application for conjugal partner sponsorship. I was a Philippines Citizen when i jad ma marriage. But me and my ex husband was 16yrs separated. There’s no divorce in the Philippines and only annulment that will cost a lot o f money and long years of wait to process. Ins short, i didn’t file for annulment. I am now a canadian citizen and i didn’t apply for dual citizen as well to make the situation less complicated. I’ve got my divorce here in canada. The problem is Philippines don’t honor it since i acquired it when i still a Filipino Citizen. I have my partner right now and we are almost 2yrs in a relationship. We tried to applied for visitors visa but he got refused as well. We cannot married in the Philippines because i am still married. We applied for Conjugal partner becuase we thought this one fits to our situation. My question is what will be the chance that our application will be consider or get approve? Thank you in advance.
Your app meets the requirements of conjugal, so you should be fine.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I do not agree that not attempting an annulment will hurt OP’s case.

I did not attempt an annulment in the Philippines but the processing of my sponsorship took less than 6 months.

I will be filing for divorce instead as soon as I am a citizen.

OP should be fine.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you canuck_in_uk. We are really praying that it will get approved. Have you done this?
No, I haven't. You meet the requirements of both legal and immigration barriers to marrying or becoming common-law, so as long as you can prove a genuine relationship, you should be fine.

Mhayang

Sep 4, 2019

I did not attempt an annulment in the Philippines but the processing of my sponsorship took less than 6 months.

OP should be fine.
Thank you jddd... are you done with yours? I put as much as we can to prove our relationship. Including my WILL. And hopefully will take our less than a year too. But it doesn’t matter how long as long as we will get positive result. We’ll definitely be happy...

Mhayang

Sep 4, 2019
I too have filed a conjugal, We are 8 months in an things seem to be progressing well. My situation was a little different however. I am Canadian and Divorced, PA is a Filipina who as you already mentioned can not get divorced. The major difference in our situation is what we tried not once, not twice, but THREE times to get an annulment. Each time took 2+ years, costed 5-6000$ each, and resulted in denials (Actually the second time was a scammer who produced fake documents).

Anyways, I submitted all that info in our package, including all the court documents which I think really solidified the "What other choice do we have".

While I cant speak as to your chances, I think NOT trying to get an annulment is going to hurt your case.
Thank you for your input as well Godsend. We will pray for positive outcome...

Mhayang

Sep 4, 2019

OP should be fine.
And can i message you to ask further question?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
And can i message you to ask further question?
Like I said, I was sponsored, I am in Canada and it took less than 6 months.

You can ask your questions in the public forums for more attention. I do not engage in private chats.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Canadian here sponsoring my filipina fiancee as conjugal partner as she is legally married still but separated over 10 years.Interview was requested for her to attend at the Manila VO. Officer never asked why she never attempted to get a divorce. Maybe cause it was stated in the application. 1 day after interview pre-arrival services letter sent to us so eligibility was passed.

Mhayang

Sep 4, 2019
Thanks for the info Jaybee43. We are praying that they will consider our application. Ours is other way around. I am Canadian by naturalized nit a dual citizen tho but I am the one who is not yet annulled in the Philippines. My partner is single. So, I’m not sure how they will treat our case. But I am hoping everything will be ok. How long you wait for the entire process to get it approved?

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Thanks for the info Jaybee43. We are praying that they will consider our application. Ours is other way around. I am Canadian by naturalized nit a dual citizen tho but I am the one who is not yet annulled in the Philippines. My partner is single. So, I’m not sure how they will treat our case. But I am hoping everything will be ok. How long you wait for the entire process to get it approved?
Conjugal can be tricky. Because annulments in phils are hard to get Canada immigration recognizes that. How long have u been together ? Has your partner applied for a canada TRV? We submitted application December 2018 and hoping for decision in the coming months.

Mhayang

Sep 4, 2019
We’ve been together for almost 2yrs. He did applied for Visitors visa last May this year but got refused. How long before you heard from immigration? Is it by mail or email?