+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusuion regarding document checklist

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Dear Friends,
I have a confusion regarding the document checklist that I have recieved post-ITA. I would be very thankful if someone could answer my question. In the document checklist, CIC is asking for "Proof of relationship" and "Family member proof of status" documents. Are these documents related to my aunt as I mentioned that I have my aunt living in Canada in my express entry profile submission? I hope it is not related to my sister, mother and father as none of them lives in Canada. Thank you.

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
Deutschland said:
Dear Friends,
I have a confusion regarding the document checklist that I have recieved post-ITA. I would be very thankful if someone could answer my question. In the document checklist, CIC is asking for "Proof of relationship" and "Family member proof of status" documents. Are these documents related to my aunt as I mentioned that I have my aunt living in Canada in my express entry profile submission? I hope it is not related to my sister, mother and father as none of them lives in Canada. Thank you.
This is regarding your aunt in Canada. You have to provide the proof of Relationship as you claimed 5 adaptability points at the EOI stage.

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
SCC said:
This is regarding your aunt in Canada. You have to provide the proof of Relationship as you claimed 5 adaptability points at the EOI stage.
Agreed but in express entry there are no points for relatives in Canada. I had 475 points and none of the point is from my relatives in canada. Your precious advice will be much appreciated

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
So CRS is different that FSW points. When you created you preliminary express of interest, there was a question whether you have a relative living in Canada? You answered Yes and mentioned that your aunt lives here. The system gave you 5 adaptability points. Now, in order for you to claim those points, you have to prove the relationship.
CRS score has nothing to do with the relatives in Canada. CRS is calculated on your age, education, language abilities and Work Experience....

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
SCC said:
So CRS is different that FSW points. When you created you preliminary express of interest, there was a question whether you have a relative living in Canada? You answered Yes and mentioned that your aunt lives here. The system gave you 5 adaptability points. Now, in order for you to claim those points, you have to prove the relationship.
CRS score has nothing to do with the relatives in Canada. CRS is calculated on your age, education, language abilities and Work Experience....
Thanks for your reply. Can you clear one more point please? To prove my relationm to my aunt, can I upload Secondary school certificates of my mom and aunt to show common parents (I cant find the birth certificate of my mom and aunt). Thank you.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Deutschland said:
Thanks for your reply. Can you clear one more point please? To prove my relationm to my aunt, can I upload Secondary school certificates of my mom and aunt to show common parents (I cant find the birth certificate of my mom and aunt). Thank you.
School certificates looks like a weak proof

You should request their birth certificates ASAP, keep a copy of the request.

If you can't get it on time, prepare a explanation letter, including (translated):
- proof of birth certificate request
- school certificates
- any other document of mother and aunt as Passports, PR card, national IDs, driver license....
- Try to get any documents with parents names for both.
- Mother and Aunt affidavits