+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion : Work experience of 1 year or 2 years

vaskar

Mar 19, 2014
Dear all,

I was employed (full time: 40 hours/week) in Canada from April 09, 2012 to March 31, 2014 and I am willing to apply under Express Entry CEC class. Please let me know whether CIC will consider my work experience of 1 year or 2 years?

Thanks,
VG

gurpreet.asrgndu

Jun 24, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as per FSW the minimum requirement for work experience is as follows :

if your application is eligible to be processed, we will then assess it to see if your work experience, as described above, is valid.

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1560 hours), full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships, etc. do not count),
in the same occupation, and
within the last 10 years,
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will refuse your application.

in your case you work for 40 hours/week. you can calculate number of weeks and if it comes out to be more than 1560 *2 then you have 2 years of experience. but then you have to prove that you work for 40 hours/week by giving referral letter or experience letter. hope this helps

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gurpreet.asrgndu said:
as per FSW the minimum requirement for work experience is as follows :

if your application is eligible to be processed, we will then assess it to see if your work experience, as described above, is valid.

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1560 hours), full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships, etc. do not count),
in the same occupation, and
within the last 10 years,
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will refuse your application.

in your case you work for 40 hours/week. you can calculate number of weeks and if it comes out to be more than 1560 *2 then you have 2 years of experience. but then you have to prove that you work for 40 hours/week by giving referral letter or experience letter. hope this helps
1. No, the OP would be credited with 1 year experience. CIC works on the calendar year, you have to worked an average of 30 hours per week over the 52 week period to be considered full time. They don't take the number of hours you worked in excess of 30 per week and give you additional credit.

gurpreet.asrgndu

Jun 24, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. No, the OP would be credited with 1 year experience. CIC works on the calendar year, you have to worked an average of 30 hours per week over the 52 week period to be considered full time. They don't take the number of hours you worked in excess of 30 per week and give you additional credit.

Oh is it. i guess OP falls one week short of 2 year experience. anyways thanks for the information. can you point me where this information is buried on cic website.