+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about how to send PPR documents to New York VO

parth.matalia

Nov 30, 2021
Thanks, Do I need to provide my application number and UCI etc in the notes?
To Whom It May Concern:

I have recently received the passport request letter from IRCC and I am emailing to request shipping labels for a two-way courier service. I would like to opt in to pay the fee associated with this service online. My documentation will include my original passport, 2 copies of the TT Services consent form, and my passport request letter and biometrics confirmation letter to apply for an intra-company transfer work permit.

Full name:
email ID:

I would like to send the document package to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
145 WEST 45th street, 4th floor
New York, NY 10036

My return address is :

Sincerely,

I would suggest send it to LA office if you are applying from US

ponnu16

Dec 1, 2021
To Whom It May Concern:

I have recently received the passport request letter from IRCC and I am emailing to request shipping labels for a two-way courier service. I would like to opt in to pay the fee associated with this service online. My documentation will include my original passport, 2 copies of the TT Services consent form, and my passport request letter and biometrics confirmation letter to apply for an intra-company transfer work permit.

Full name:
email ID:

I would like to send the document package to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
145 WEST 45th street, 4th floor
New York, NY 10036

My return address is :

Sincerely,

I would suggest send it to LA office if you are applying from US
I really appreciate it but my employer paid the biometric fees and do you think I need to pay again for the processing fee if I opt for the LA office. Also, VFS NY have given some checklist to follow for PPR when I have given biometric

Last edited:

mrsnyde1

Apr 27, 2021
Yes we eventually figured it out, it's super annoying because the instructions on the VAC's website are full of contradictions, when I contacted their live agents they all basically just copy and paste a script and had like zero common sense/logic/problem-solving skills... I was gonna make a new thread with detailed instructions for everyone else forced to go through the NY VO because they suck lol. But yeah New York has a whole bunch of extra things that you wouldn't need if only you could go through Mississauga... it really adds delay and it's too bad.

Do you want the detailed run-down of what needs to be done? I am a little busy right now but I can try to post it later tonight.
Friends,
Just in case anyone knows this information. Our address is Denver, CO, but we are in Maine for an extended stay. Since we only have 30 days to complete this process, should we send our info to the LA office? Does it matter? Since we are currently closest to NY, but our address is closer to LA, we are confused as to where to send the information. Any help is appreciated!

AshuLan

Nov 18, 2021
Hello Guys,
I sent my passport to NYC office mon Monday (11/22) with all the required document and have not heard back from them yet. This sis for my work Visa. I do not have a tracking number and its almost a week.
Should I be worried ?
I am on the same boat. VFS services are not helpful. Everyone gives pre-written responses just like a robot. I am still waiting for tracking number on my passport.

parth.matalia

Nov 30, 2021
I am on same situation. I have sent documents on 11/22 and they received it on 11/23. I haven't hear back anything from them yet. Do you have any update on tracking ID or passport received acknowledgement?
I did a response today and the passport is now back to CVAC after going to IRCC and back in 5 hours. The status on my application is visa Issued. Hopefully this is helpful

snooze.sumit

Nov 1, 2021
Hi all, we received a passport request (to be sent to the New York location).

I am the principal applicant (for Permanent Resident applicant) with my spouse added as a dependent.

The email from IRCC states that all documents should be sent in a single package. However, the VFS website states " ... avail mandatory two-way courier (per applicant)".

I am confused if I need to include my wife as a separate applicant in the Excel sheet (that they ask to fill out), or whether only the primary applicant needs to be added to that Excel table.

I'd really appreciate any guidance!
Did you send separate packages for dependents or single package?

ponnu16

Dec 1, 2021
I should really appreciate the suggestion to send documents for PPR to VFS, Los Angeles, they are pretty fast in taking care of each step compared to VFS NY.

Reactions: mrsnyde1

mrsnyde1

Apr 27, 2021
Hi all, we received a passport request (to be sent to the New York location).

I am the principal applicant (for Permanent Resident applicant) with my spouse added as a dependent.

The email from IRCC states that all documents should be sent in a single package. However, the VFS website states " ... avail mandatory two-way courier (per applicant)".

I am confused if I need to include my wife as a separate applicant in the Excel sheet (that they ask to fill out), or whether only the primary applicant needs to be added to that Excel table.

I'd really appreciate any guidance!
Hello friend! I just received guidance to send in two packages, one for the principal applicant and another for the dependent...from what I understand. Is this also what you untimately did for the PPR to COPR process? We paid for two labels, but I also read to put it all in one package, as you have also noted.