+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about how to send PPR documents to New York VO

RebelBelle

Oct 29, 2021
I just received the passport request letters for me and my wife, but can't find the instructions on the VFS website on how to send the passports. They must have changed the urls or something recently because I can't even find the excel sheet mentioned earlier in this thread.
Hi! I had the same issue. I received PPR email last week and was struggling to find any correct information, as the URLs for the website aren't accurate. I ended up figuring it out on my own via multiple searches on Facebook/Reddit/CanadaVisa. I kept wondering where this Excel spreadsheet was, but it turns out you get it from VFS.

My PPR progress so far (outland USA applicant - visa-exempt so we only need to send passport photocopy):
  • LAST WEEK: Received PPR email
  • Printed and filled out the PPR email and Appendix A
  • Printed and filled TT Consent Form found on VFS site (the site only asked for ONE copy, but we did TWO because so many people on here mentioned two.)
  • Got 2 photos taken professionally
  • Got photocopy of US passport
  • Got a money order from bank (WE DID NOT NEED TO DO THIS....you will see why later...)
  • Emailed VFS New York to ask for invoice and shipping labels
  • Received email from VFS within 48 hours with an Excel spreadsheet for us to fill out
  • Emailed filled Excel back to VFS
  • Received email from an invoicing service with a link to pay fees online (the VFS site did NOT mention online payments at all...they just mentioned money orders)
  • Paid fees online (approx. $90 USD)
  • Went to bank to cancel that unnecessary money order
  • Received email from shipping service asking us to reply with our invoice
  • Replied to shipping service email with invoice
  • TODAY: received 2 auto-generated emails from FedEx with tracking numbers for 2-way courier, but no labels yet
Hope this helps you!

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hi everyone! We just received 2 auto-generated confirmation emails from FedEx for the 2-way courier this morning....but we have not received our shipping labels yet.

Did you guys receive auto-generated emails from FedEx FIRST, and then the shipping labels later? What was the timespan between getting the auto-generated emails and the labels?

My husband and I were hoping to send our package today (Friday) before FedEx closes for the weekend. Looks like we may not be that lucky!
I checked and we received auto-generated e-mails from FedEx about 4 hours before VFS sent us the actual shipping labels. Hopefully you receive the shipping labels soon!

RebelBelle

Oct 29, 2021
I checked and we received auto-generated e-mails from FedEx about 4 hours before VFS sent us the actual shipping labels. Hopefully you receive the shipping labels soon!
Thank you SO VERY MUCH!

Even if the labels arrive too late for us to send the package today, at least this gives me hope that I can send out the package on Monday morning!

Reactions: StellaArtois

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
Completely agree that their instructions can sometimes be very confusing. But turns out when you pay for those shipping labels, it includes the envelope too(FedEx provides this to VFS). Just got the passport back.
whew! Thank you for clarifying. I got a little concerned because I didn't include an envelope. My application is now approved and I am expecting my passport back, hopefully in the next couple of days.

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
I just received the passport request letters for me and my wife, but can't find the instructions on the VFS website on how to send the passports. They must have changed the urls or something recently because I can't even find the excel sheet mentioned earlier in this thread.
I had the same issue a few days ago. What I did was use the live chat feature on the TT Services website and I got a rundown of the steps from a representative. I wonder why this is not readily available on their website. Not sure if you figured it all out yet, but here's the long list of instructions for anyone else who might need it.

Be advised that both Visa Application Centers in the United States (Los Angeles and New York) are currently providing the service for submission of passport upon receipt of Passport Request Letter from the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada (online process), via post/courier only. Submission of passport in person at the Center is suspended until further notice, as a health measure.

In order to avail the mandatory VFS Two-way courier service (this service includes both the submission of documents and the returning of them at the end of the process), please send an email to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com (for New York VAC) or ShippinglabelsLA@vfsglobal.com (for Los Angeles VAC) with the following information (per applicant):

Name(s)
Last name(s)Street or building #
Apt/Suite #
City
Zip Code
State
Phone number
Email address
Application type (original passport submission, study permit, work permit, PRTD,PR)
Location in which you would like to submit your documents (New York or Los Angeles)
Place in which you provided biometrics (please specify if it was a USCIS, ACS or VAC office), as well mention if you provided your biometrics for this application or for a different one (if you were exempt of providing biometrics please mention this information)
*Please note that the address that you will be writing is the one that your documents will be sent back once they finish its process.

The VFS shipping labels team will send you a link to make the payment online for the labels, as well as for the applicable Visa Application Center fees, you will be able to pay with your credit or debit card.

Right after you pay, please forward the invoice payment receipt to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com (for New York VAC) or ShippinglabelsLA@vfsglobal.com (for Los Angeles VAC), then you will receive the labels in your e-mail, you will need to print them and take them with your documents to a nearby FedEx office to make the shipment.

The average response time of the VFS shipping labels team is 1 to 3 business days, we recommend that you also check in your junk/spam email section in case you receive their reply there.

These are the required documents to be sent to the VAC (per applicant):
1. Passport.
2. Letter requesting for the passport (sent by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada office).
3. Additional documents requested by the IRCC office (if applicable).
4. TT Services Consent Form (2 copies per applicant) please note that you only need to sign and fill out the second (2) page, the rest please leave it blank, you may download it in the following website https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2LVFqatIwJhm9JEP5nqUYL/3c71a4a1468630ef0845c423a3cd41e2/ConsentForm_-TTS-English-IN-VAC-Final.pdf
5. Contact information on an extra sheet of paper (complete name, phone, e-mail and desired mailing address within the United States).
6. Proof of payment of the VAC fees.

Iaminus

Jan 12, 2020
I am looking for some guidance in getting COPR for my son who is in US now.

My PR application got approved recently and I just got the CoPR. I am still waiting for my first PR card. I am the Primary Applicant currently living in Canada and have a dependent son who is currently studying in the USA. His PR also got approved, but since he is out of Canada, IRCC did not provide the COPR for him. They have sent a PPR letter, addressed to me, requesting to submit 'my passport and my dependents passports' to NY VAC office to issue the COPR. I am quite confused why I need to send my passport to NY VAC office, as I have already received the COPR and it is my son who need the COPR to enter Canada. I assume the PPR letter is meant for my son, who needs to send his passport to VAC office to get the passport stamped for entry into Canada. I submitted a webform request to get clarification, if I need to send my passport as well along with my son's to NY VAC, but I got a response saying 'they will respond to urgent inquiries only' and mine will not be responded.

I am planning to send my son's passport alone to VAC office. In this regard, I just want to know if I should mention me as the PA and my son as the dependent on the 'Appendix A' or just mention my son alone as the dependent 'Child 1'. I am confused, as I won't be sending my passport to them. Or should I still mention my name as Primary Applicant and mention my son as dependent 'Child 1'. Can anyone please clarify on this.

Also, as few of you highlighted, the steps to send the passport to VAC office is not clearly outlined anywhere on the VFS website nor on the PPR letter. The links on this post are also not working. Can anyone pl provide a step-by-step guide to send my son's passport to the VFS office.

Please help to get my son travel to Canada. Thanks.

ee_canada

Nov 27, 2019
Hi,

In ready for visa mail from IRCC, it was written that "
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
"
"STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
All required documents must be submitted in one single package."

So I adopted the following approach.
I made the payment to send two passports separately.
However, I used only one shipping label and sent two passports in one package.

How would VAC process this case?
Would VAC return the package without processing?
Did anyone face similar situation?

parth.matalia

Nov 30, 2021
Hello Guys,
I sent my passport to NYC office mon Monday (11/22) with all the required document and have not heard back from them yet. This sis for my work Visa. I do not have a tracking number and its almost a week.
Should I be worried ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Guys,
I sent my passport to NYC office mon Monday (11/22) with all the required document and have not heard back from them yet. This sis for my work Visa. I do not have a tracking number and its almost a week.
Should I be worried ?
A week? That's all?

2-3 weeks, roughly.

Dec 1, 2021
Hello Guys,
Should I be worried ?
I am on same situation. I have sent documents on 11/22 and they received it on 11/23. I haven't hear back anything from them yet. Do you have any update on tracking ID or passport received acknowledgement?

parth.matalia

Nov 30, 2021
I am on same situation. I have sent documents on 11/22 and they received it on 11/23. I haven't hear back anything from them yet. Do you have any update on tracking ID or passport received acknowledgement?
No I do not have any update from them I only have the FedEx confirmation that it was delivered. I have escalated the case by contacting the customer service number.

Dec 1, 2021
No I do not have any update from them I only have the FedEx confirmation that it was delivered. I have escalated the case by contacting the customer service number.
Thank you. I complete 3-5 days timeframe today. I will call them to escalate the case tmrw. Did they have any specific timeline for escalation process?. Are you aware of any info on escalation? otherwise I will call tmrw and check with them