+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about how to send PPR documents to New York VO

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Hi All,
I had sent two packages (Myself and my dependent) to NewYork VAC. But I received only one email so far, saying "Your application, tracking ID No. YYYYMMDDUSNYPKTXXXXX been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on 'Date' for processing.". Will I receive another tracking ID for the second package?

Also I don't see any update on IRCC website so far

Thanks
Fibi Johns
You also receive another update from IRCC (Consulate) once they scan your package, saying something like “Your application, tracking ID NUMBER has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on DATE”

It looks like IRCC NY office is super busy and taking a couple of weeks to finalize the applications and send a counterfoil on the passports.

fijo123

May 4, 2022
You also receive another update from IRCC (Consulate) once they scan your package, saying something like “Your application, tracking ID NUMBER has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on DATE”

It looks like IRCC NY office is super busy and taking a couple of weeks to finalize the applications and send a counterfoil on the passports.
Thanks, but would there be two different tracking IDs for main applicant and dependent? I have received only one so far.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Thanks, but would there be two different tracking IDs for main applicant and dependent? I have received only one so far.
Unfortunately, I do not know because I never had this situation. But, you will find several threads on this forum talking about tracking for applications for primary applicants and their dependents. If not, you can talk to the VAC via their Chat option. It’s the fastest option to get hold of a human to talk to.

fijo123

May 4, 2022
Unfortunately, I do not know because I never had this situation. But, you will find several threads on this forum talking about tracking for applications for primary applicants and their dependents. If not, you can talk to the VAC via their Chat option. It’s the fastest option to get hold of a human to talk to.
Thanks!

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi All,
I had sent two packages (Myself and my dependent) to NewYork VAC. But I received only one email so far, saying "Your application, tracking ID No. YYYYMMDDUSNYPKTXXXXX been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on 'Date' for processing.". Will I receive another tracking ID for the second package?

Also I don't see any update on IRCC website so far

Thanks
Fibi Johns
Yes, you would receive 1 for each applicant. For us, the emails were a few days apart.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Folks who got their COPR and counterfoil stamped in the passport - how much time does it take for IRCC NY to stamp the passport? My passport reached IRCC NY more than two weeks ago and I have not received any updates on it since then. I am getting a little anxious about it now.

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Folks who got their COPR and counterfoil stamped in the passport - how much time does it take for IRCC NY to stamp the passport? My passport reached IRCC NY more than two weeks ago and I have not received any updates on it since then. I am getting a little anxious about it now.
Mine went to IRCC last Monday, so this is week 2 for me. I was also anxious, but someone on this thread posted it took 3 weeks of silence treatment and then the counterfoil was generated. So I'm holding on as well man.

The application on cic will update to completed. So I'm just looking out for that.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Mine went to IRCC last Monday, so this is week 2 for me. I was also anxious, but someone on this thread posted it took 3 weeks of silence treatment and then the counterfoil was generated. So I'm holding on as well man.

The application on cic will update to completed. So I'm just looking out for that.
Agreed. It just feels abnormally late. When I applied for a Temporary Resident Visa last year, it just took 1 day for IRCC LA to issue a counterfoil. Let’s see, I will continue to wait and post here once I hear back from IRCC.

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Agreed. It just feels abnormally late. When I applied for a Temporary Resident Visa last year, it just took 1 day for IRCC LA to issue a counterfoil. Let’s see, I will continue to wait and post here once I hear back from IRCC.
Oh wow that's fast. I mean other than webform, there's no really any other way to contact them I suppose. And we know how long they take to reply to that. unless people know of some other way to get some updates.

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Hello,

I am quite worried about the timeline of my COPR process.
IRCC received my passport on April 20,2022 from NY VAC.
It has been radio silence since then. There have been no updates and I am unable to find any way to contact them or trace my passport.
Any suggestions? Its going to be almost a month in a few days, I am worried they lost my passport or something!

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Hello,

I am quite worried about the timeline of my COPR process.
IRCC received my passport on April 20,2022 from NY VAC.
It has been radio silence since then. There have been no updates and I am unable to find any way to contact them or trace my passport.
Any suggestions? Its going to be almost a month in a few days, I am worried they lost my passport or something!
Not really, for me it's the 3rd weeks and still waiting with radio silence. I don't think they're lost it or anything, them being radio silent is kind of their style (irritating) but it's on par of what their behavior. Keep positive friend.

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Not really, for me it's the 3rd weeks and still waiting with radio silence. I don't think they're lost it or anything, them being radio silent is kind of their style (irritating) but it's on par of what their behavior. Keep positive friend.
thank you so much for that! at least I know there is hope and I am not the only one stuck in this boat!
it is definitely irritating, as most people have been getting their passports within 1 month and there is no update on a few of them.

fijo123

May 4, 2022
Hi All, I sent our passports (mine and my spouse's) to NY VFS two weeks back. I got an email that it is sent to IRCC and got the tracking ID the next day itself. But no email/tracking ID for my spouse's passport, even after 2 weeks.
- Has anyone experienced this much delay with NY VFS for picking up dependent passport?
- I tried contacting them via email for which they asked for more details and I replied. But after that no response. I tired chat option and phone - nobody is responding on both. My worry is, if they have lost or misplaced the passport. Is there any other way to contact them?
- I was thinking of flying to NY VFS. Would it help?
- Should I inform IRCC that NY VFS is delaying the submission? I don't want them to reject the PR, because the passport didn't reach on time.

Thanks

fijo123

May 4, 2022
Hi All, I sent our passports (mine and my spouse's) to NY VFS two weeks back. I got an email that it is sent to IRCC and got the tracking ID the next day itself. But no email/tracking ID for my spouse's passport, even after 2 weeks.
- Has anyone experienced this much delay with NY VFS for picking up dependent passport?
- I tried contacting them via email for which they asked for more details and I replied. But after that no response. I tired chat option and phone - nobody is responding on both. My worry is, if they have lost or misplaced the passport. Is there any other way to contact them?
- I was thinking of flying to NY VFS. Would it help?
- Should I inform IRCC that NY VFS is delaying the submission? I don't want them to reject the PR, because the passport didn't reach on time.

Thanks
Just an update on this case. I was able to talk to someone on chat finally, after multiple tries. They received my spouse's passport and sent to IRCC as well. But they never sent an email or tracking ID. We checked in spam/junk folders too. They were able to provide the tracking ID on the chat, but not able to fix the email issue.

Thanks!