+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about how to send PPR documents to New York VO

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Oh ok. Please update here when you get anything
I just got an update on my IRCC application. There was a PDF letter. It said “Congratulation. Your visa is now affixed on your passport. …(2 page letter with details of all my dependents and other info)”

So it seems like the passport is still with IRCC. Hopefully they will dispatch it to VFS soon.

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I just got this update from VFS: "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York."

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I got several updates today. Here is the summary:

1. 29-Mar, 9:30am: Message from IRCC in online account. The PDF started with "Congratulation, your visa is now affixed on your passport"
2. 29-Mar, 11:22am: VFS update saying "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXX has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York."
3. 29-Mar, 1:31pm: VFS update saying "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been received from the IRCC Office on Tue Mar 29 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York and is ready for collection."
4. 29-Mar, 1:33pm: VFS update saying "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York on Tue Mar 29 2022 via courier partner."

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi @veemi002 When did you get the FedEx tracking number after the VFS tracking email saying that it has been dispatched? I don't see the FedEx tracking number in the status update from VFS. It just says "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York on Tue Mar 29 2022 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs."

Note sure what is AWB number and whether the VFS tracking ID works for FedEx tracking as well (which is unlikely)

Mar 29, 2022
Hi @veemi002 When did you get the FedEx tracking number after the VFS tracking email saying that it has been dispatched? I don't see the FedEx tracking number in the status update from VFS. It just says "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York on Tue Mar 29 2022 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs."

Note sure what is AWB number and whether the VFS tracking ID works for FedEx tracking as well (which is unlikely)
Hi, I also received the above updates (except for the first one, I also got an update in my account, but the subject is 'letter accompanying your visa'. ). There are three members in our application, me, my husband, and our US citizen child. But I only received one email for each of the update, indicating only one tracking id. Did you receive one email for each of your family member? Thanks!

Also, I think the next day we will receive fedex tracking number, according to this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-fees-of-vac-in-ny.753214/page-8

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi, I also received the above updates (except for the first one, I also got an update in my account, but the subject is 'letter accompanying your visa'. ). There are three members in our application, me, my husband, and our US citizen child. But I only received one email for each of the update, indicating only one tracking id. Did you receive one email for each of your family member? Thanks!

Also, I think the next day we will receive fedex tracking number, according to this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-fees-of-vac-in-ny.753214/page-8
Thanks for sharing the link!

Regarding the emails from VFS, yes, I received one email for each person in the application for each update. There are 3 people in my application - me, my wife and US citizen child, so I got 3 emails back to back for each VFS update

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Our passport was dispatched to IRCC today. Looks like things are picking up pace again:
Passport Sent: 03/24
Passport Reached NYC VFS VAC: 03/25
Passport Received Email from VFS: 03/27
Passport Dispatched to IRCC: 03/29

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017

I am in the same dilemma, I have received 2 emails from VFS which includes a tracking number. But, Idk if thats for the whole family or for 1 person, We did send individual fedex packages for each of us, so IDK if VFS combined everything into 1 package at their end.

Mar 29, 2022
I am in the same dilemma, I have received 2 emails from VFS which includes a tracking number. But, Idk if thats for the whole family or for 1 person, We did send individual fedex packages for each of us, so IDK if VFS combined everything into 1 package at their end.
Hi, I think each person would have a separate tracking id and envelope. The tracking id we had yesterday was for my child (who doesn't need to submit passport), and this morning I received a Fedex shipping email for my child. And my passport and my husband's passport has not been returned -- the status is still 'under process at IRCC'. I am hoping they would return our passports this week. Please let me know if you get updates for other people in your family.

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019

Hi @arjun_humain did you get the tracking number after this update ?
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been couriered from the Canada Vis***************************************** AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs

arjun_humain

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Hi @arjun_humain did you get the tracking number after this update ?
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been couriered from the Canada Vis***************************************** AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs
Yes got the tracking number in an email from FedEx the next day