Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hello everyone!
I am just a bit confused... i have to help a korean co-worker in the daycare.She needs to renew her working permit since its going to expire in sept. the question is, since it is the same employer do we have to apply for a new LMO? Another friend of mine told me that there is no need to apply the LMO since it is the same employer however she needs to send the letter from the employer and the contract upon submitting her work permit application.

PLs.anyone could enlighten me,I just want to help since it is so costly to go for an agent to the paperwork.

Thank you very much.

cinderella

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
Med's Request
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
05-05-2014
weary-damsil31 said:
Hello everyone!
I am just a bit confused... i have to help a korean co-worker in the daycare.She needs to renew her working permit since its going to expire in sept. the question is, since it is the same employer do we have to apply for a new LMO? Another friend of mine told me that there is no need to apply the LMO since it is the same employer however she needs to send the letter from the employer and the contract upon submitting her work permit application.

PLs.anyone could enlighten me,I just want to help since it is so costly to go for an agent to the paperwork.

Thank you very much.

Hi,
Is your Korean friend/ co-worker an LMO based?
Well, based on our experience, we work in a food establishment, hotel and restaurant, gas station, covered by LMO, eventhough we work still with the sAme employer if we are going to renew our work permit, it has to be always accompanied by LMO by your employer. And you have to renew it atleast one month before your work permit expires. And for the processing of the LMO it takes time, too. For the LMO processing, first it has to be advertised for 14 days before application of the LMO. And based on our experience sometimes LMO processing time takes 8-12 weeks for a regular processing and 10-15 days for Accelerated LMO( only for high skilled positions..not sure if this is already available because they temporarily stop the accelerated LMO last year of June).

Just sharing..hope it helps/gives you enlightenment:)

Cinderella

arnaud

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-07-2013
Med's Request
01-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-02-2014 Received 18-02-2014
LANDED..........
05-03-2014
Yes, you need a new LMO each time you reapply for a work permit.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
weary-damsil31 said:
Hello everyone!
It depends on under which program your co-worker's first work permit was issued. If it was issued under the Temporary Foreign Workers program for skilled workers, then yes, your friend needs a new LMO.

It is possible that you are referring to the Live-in Caregivers program - in this case, if your friend wants to extend the work permit with the same employer, then, no, a new LMO is not required. You can read here -
http://www.edsc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/caregiver/index.shtml

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
jes_ON said:
It depends on under which program your co-worker's first work permit was issued. If it was issued under the Temporary Foreign Workers program for skilled workers, then yes, your friend needs a new LMO.

It is possible that you are referring to the Live-in Caregivers program - in this case, if your friend wants to extend the work permit with the same employer, then, no, a new LMO is not required. You can read here -
http://www.edsc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/caregiver/index.shtml
Thank you everyone for all your answers. :) it's greatly appreciated... anyway,yes she is under the TFW- she works as a level 3 (child development supervisor) in the daycare... the only thing is,the employer doesnt even know what to do,she said she will still get her LMO provided that my co-worker will do all the paperwork and she will only sign the things she needed to sign. I want to help her but my experience is limited since i was in the LCP when i did the LMO...

If anyone could tell me what to do first pls.? they said we need to advertise first,but since i'll be the one to handle her stuff what should i do? can i have a link for the LMO application which falls in the category that she is in? or any link for the website where were going to advertise?

Pls... and thank you sooo much for sharing all your experiences. God bless. :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
weary-damsil31 said:
Thank you everyone for all your answers. :) it's greatly appreciated... anyway,yes she is under the TFW- she works as a level 3 (child development supervisor) in the daycare... the only thing is,the employer doesnt even know what to do,she said she will still get her LMO provided that my co-worker will do all the paperwork and she will only sign the things she needed to sign. I want to help her but my experience is limited since i was in the LCP when i did the LMO...

If anyone could tell me what to do first pls.? they said we need to advertise first,but since i'll be the one to handle her stuff what should i do? can i have a link for the LMO application which falls in the category that she is in? or any link for the website where were going to advertise?
You'll have to first identify the correct NOC to know what skill level the position is. Most likely, its NOC 4214 -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=4&val1=4214&val11=child&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

which makes it skill level B -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/html/Matrix.html

So her employer would have to follow the rules for Skill Level B positions-
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/general/index.shtml