+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused with CRS score calculator

farrukhahmed

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hi all,

I applied under the EE in Nov 2016 and got a CRS score of 420. I got the ITA in May draw and have since completed my profile.

Many of my friends now seek my advise on the application process and I tell them to apply themselves starting with the CRS Calculator to determine their points.

Just for the heck of it, I tried the calculator myself today and entered the information as I had done in 2016 (CRS score of 420). However, now I'm getting a score of only 370.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the calculator on the cic website.

If someone was to apply now with a score of 370, will they be able to add more points once they actually create their profile, like points for children etc?

I'm very confused at this point as most of my friends having similar credentials keep telling me they are getting CRS score in 370s and are concerned of their chances of migrating to Canada.

Please help with the clarification.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi all,

I applied under the EE in Nov 2016 and got a CRS score of 420. I got the ITA in May draw and have since completed my profile.

Many of my friends now seek my advise on the application process and I tell them to apply themselves starting with the CRS Calculator to determine their points.

Just for the heck of it, I tried the calculator myself today and entered the information as I had done in 2016 (CRS score of 420). However, now I'm getting a score of only 370.

If someone was to apply now with a score of 370, will they be able to add more points once they actually create their profile, like points for children etc?

I'm very confused at this point as most of my friends having similar credentials keep telling me they are getting CRS score in 370s and are concerned of their chances of migrating to Canada.

Did you try any other online CRS calculator? Try this and see if the scores are still the same.
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

thats weird. did you enter the IELTS information correctly ?