+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused seniors and experts need ur advice please............

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
i met my girlfriend in AUG 2010, fell in love and got engaged in end of sept 2010, no formal ceremony,just a engagement house party, we both from india, i am a hindu and she is a catholic, we were living in together for 7 and half months and went to canada in may 2011 on PR, i came back to india in feb 2012 and got traditinally married in india and also register my marriage legally, i just applied for her sponsorship and was stressed as i was engaged and living in for 7 and half months which is not common law, i didnt inform my VO before landing before landing as i was not married and i was not in common law but i mentioned in my spousal application is it gonna be ok,,,,,,,,,, please advivce..

auda :)

Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsmeet said:
i met my girlfriend in AUG 2010, fell in love and got engaged in end of sept 2010, no formal ceremony,just a engagement house party, we both from india, i am a hindu and she is a catholic, we were living in together for 7 and half months and went to canada in may 2011 on PR, i came back to india in feb 2012 and got traditinally married in india and also register my marriage legally, i just applied for her sponsorship and was stressed as i was engaged and living in for 7 and half months which is not common law, i didnt inform my VO before landing before landing as i was not married and i was not in common law but i mentioned in my spousal application is it gonna be ok,,,,,,,,,, please advivce..
I see here that u were engaged in such a short period of time...But i think that's ok... but then u lived together for almost 8 months... what I know about a common law relationship is that u must have lived together for about 12 months...so I guess u can't be considered as a common law partners.... although u could have denied the fact that u have lived together for almost 8 months. but i think this is just fine... just remember the definition of CIC of a common law partner, which is - a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people.

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
hi auda you are right but i landed in canada when i was 7 and half months living in together so i did nt notify the vo please advice

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
please advice ............

auda :)

Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsmeet said:
hi auda you are right but i landed in canada when i was 7 and half months living in together so i did nt notify the vo please advice
i'm not sure about ur concern sir... but i think u cannot declare her as ur common law partner since u have been living together for less than a year. but how did u acquire PR status in canada anyway??

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It will be OK. You only have to declare a spouse or common-law partner at landing (and ideally before). Since you had not lived with her for a year or more, CIC will not consider that she was your common-law partner. You can sponsor her, once you get married.