+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused! Fund Requirement- CEC Candidates

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfc

there is no fund requirement for CEC route.
There is a fund requirement for FSW.

If you are going for CEC, just put in whatever you have in your account.
If you are going FSW, you need to meet the fund requirement.

Ressie Timbang

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
My consultant did my profiles...and he puts 21300k for my funds...and never consulted it with me..now was
given ITA under CEC..do i still need to put these
Kind if money to show CIC for funds and i have offer job employment..,any advise thanks...,

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
purplesnow said:
jfc

there is no fund requirement for CEC route.
There is a fund requirement for FSW.

If you are going for CEC, just put in whatever you have in your account.
If you are going FSW, you need to meet the fund requirement.
I agree

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently my GF qualifies for FSW even though her Proof of Funds is less than the minimum requirement (around $12k). She qualifies for CEC as well. If she gets an FSW ITA I don't know what will happen. Currently living in Canada. So confused ???

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
As far as I'm aware, the fund requirements only apply if you are applying from outside of Canada. If you are already living in Canada, there is no fund requirement for any of the programs

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Fitztorious said:
Apparently my GF qualifies for FSW even though her Proof of Funds is less than the minimum requirement (around $12k). She qualifies for CEC as well. If she gets an FSW ITA I don't know what will happen. Currently living in Canada. So confused ???
Yes Conor is right. If you are authorized to work in Canada or already been working in Canada, there is no fund requirement. This condition holds good either you are invited thru CEC or FSW.

fat_penguin

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Intocanada said:
Yes Conor is right. If you are authorized to work in Canada or already been working in Canada, there is no fund requirement. This condition holds good either you are invited thru CEC or FSW.
No Conor is not right... that is incorrect for FSW. You need to be working with a valid job offer, meaning an LMIA-supported job. If your job is not supported by an LMIA, you do require to prove the funds to be eligible for FSW.

Quote from CIC:
you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
fat_penguin said:
No Conor is not right... that is incorrect for FSW. You need to be working with a valid job offer, meaning an LMIA-supported job. If your job is not supported by an LMIA, you do require to prove the funds to be eligible for FSW.

Quote from CIC:
you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
Right.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Fitztorious said:
I thought if I don't put min 12k for one person under the question I won't be eligible for FSW?
Does your GF have LMIA?

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fonteynb said:
I'm also in CEC EE.

I put 0$ since I'm already here for almost 2 years and working on a workpermit.
My profile was approved and I got ITA. In the checklist of docs to upload there is no mention about funds
Very informative. What docs are required for CEC according to the checklist? I applied last year and got my application sent back due to the cap, so I have all documents including PCC from my country ready, but was wondering if there were new documents required. Want to know so I can get them ready 8)

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ee2015 said:
Hi all,
I am currently working in Canada under PGWP, and planning to apply EE- CEC.
I have read most of the threads about proof of fund for CEC and asked many people but am getting different answers, so want to clarify with experts.

When I create EE profile, I am asked to put in numbers for the amount of fund to bring to Canada.
Am I correct that I can put whatever amount that I can prove? some people and one immigration consultant I went to said that I need to prove min. 12k balance for the past 6 months unless I have LMIA. If this is true, I will def have to delay my application to keep the fund for 6 months :(

To my understanding, after ITA, I need to provide bank statements to prove whatever fund I put in my profile and it should be fine, lets just say $2000?

Anyone who knows about this for sure and What number did everyone put under the question?
Your answer is much appreciated...
If you are working in CANADA not required

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Fitztorious said:
Hey, to be safe, I'd recommend to enter a smaller amount of funds.
Also make sure she replied "No" to the famous job offer question. She should become ineligible for FSW then and only be in the pool for CEC.

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
so what about cec dependants outside canada, when main applicants have arranged employment and thy dont need to show funds, what about their dependants who r outside canada.

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you KNOW Through your stream and circumstances (LMIA etc) that you don't need to prove proof of funds then put 0 in your amount. If you put an amount you will automatically generate something in your checklist that asks for bank letters / 6 months statements etc dated signed and allsorts of unnecessary hassle.

Put 0 and forget all about it