+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about rejection letter

tsf14

Feb 17, 2013
I have completed my undergrad here in Canada and have been working as a full-time engineer for the last 15 months. I'm working on an open work permit and I gave the IELTS.

I applied through express entry at the beginning of August. My score was 438. I know the score was not high enough in the August drawing, but I got a rejection letter after 30 days saying that my profile is not eligible for express entry.

1) I thought my profile stayed in the system for 6 months. Or does the profile get rejected after every month? So now do I get to apply again? The "Express Entry Client Expiry Date" is not till next year, so do I update this profile or make a new one?

After I applied, I got an email saying that I 'Do not meet the Job experience criteria and that I need to register for Job Bank'. At this point I noticed that the system somehow did not record my job experiences for the last year and the 'CEC' and 'FSW' field said "Not Met". I updated my profile and now both 'CEC' and 'FSW' said "Met". But I did not register for Job Bank as I'm already employed. (I've very clearly selected the checkbox where it said "I'm currently employed here" when the last section was asking for job duration.)

2) Do I still need to register for Job Bank even though I'm employed? My "CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience" is 40, while my "CRS - Arranged Employment" is 0 (zero).

This was the letter I got. I'm not sure what to make of it because I think I have decent amount of everything.
You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsf14 said:
I have completed my undergrad here in Canada and have been working as a full-time engineer for the last 15 months. I'm working on an open work permit and I gave the IELTS.

I applied through express entry at the beginning of August. My score was 438. I know the score was not high enough in the August drawing, but I got a rejection letter after 30 days saying that my profile is not eligible for express entry.

1) I thought my profile stayed in the system for 6 months. Or does the profile get rejected after every month? So now do I get to apply again? The "Express Entry Client Expiry Date" is not till next year, so do I update this profile or make a new one?

After I applied, I got an email saying that I 'Do not meet the Job experience criteria and that I need to register for Job Bank'. At this point I noticed that the system somehow did not record my job experiences for the last year and the 'CEC' and 'FSW' field said "Not Met". I updated my profile and now both 'CEC' and 'FSW' said "Met". But I did not register for Job Bank as I'm already employed. (I've very clearly selected the checkbox where it said "I'm currently employed here" when the last section was asking for job duration.)

2) Do I still need to register for Job Bank even though I'm employed? My "CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience" is 40, while my "CRS - Arranged Employment" is 0 (zero).

This was the letter I got. I'm not sure what to make of it because I think I have decent amount of everything.
You have to register for job bank regardless.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsf14 said:

Yes, you have to register for Job Bank. But you don't have to take any job offered, and they don't seem to have many serious jobs anyway. Your arranged employment is zero because arranged employment means employment on an LMIA.