+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about options

himeshlem79

Nov 6, 2020
My husband and I are hoping to immigrate to Canada. He has a job offer in Vancouver. He is a funeral director. Both of our jobs are NOC B. I assume getting a LMIA is nearly impossible so I’m figuring this job offer won’t be considered valid to add points to our score. We currently sit at 437. My education is not from a recognized institution so I’m not able to bring any extra points for that. I know the last pull was 438 but the ones with that low of a score had been in there for a while. My husband turns 30 in November and then our score will drop again.
Do we have any options here to make this dream a reality or should we move on? Would his profession be covered under NAFTA? I’ve been trying to research the trade program but I’m not sure I understand it completely. Thank you for reading.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband and I are hoping to immigrate to Canada. He has a job offer in Vancouver. He is a funeral director. Both of our jobs are NOC B. I assume getting a LMIA is nearly impossible so I’m figuring this job offer won’t be considered valid to add points to our score. We currently sit at 437. My education is not from a recognized institution so I’m not able to bring any extra points for that. I know the last pull was 438 but the ones with that low of a score had been in there for a while. My husband turns 30 in November and then our score will drop again.
Do we have any options here to make this dream a reality or should we move on? Would his profession be covered under NAFTA? I’ve been trying to research the trade program but I’m not sure I understand it completely. Thank you for reading.
Correct. Your husband's employer in Canada needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for this to count as a job offer for immigration purposes and in order for him to apply for a work permit. What he has now is not considered to be a job offer.

His occupation is not covered under NAFTA. His occupation is also not a trade. Trades are occupations like plumber, electrician, etc.

The 438 draw was for individuals who have at least one year of work experience in Canada and you would not have qualified for this draw. Without Canadian work experience, you need a score in the 470+ range to be selected through Express Entry directly.

If your husband knows French or can learn French to a proficient enough level to score well on the language test, this would help his score.

If you cannot improve your score to the 470+ range, suggest you look into the PNP programs.

himeshlem79

Nov 6, 2020
issue got solved!!