+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conflicting Views: Express Entry points updated ahead of time - Resolved!

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016
Hi,

I am creating this thread in hopes of getting a clear understanding of the situation where some of you may have encountered or may encounter in future. I see that there are some conflicting views about EE system updating Work Experience points ahead of time - they calculate it based on months and not days - which will result in your Work Experience points being updated around 1 month in advance.

Example: At 1year and 11months, EE will give you points for 2 years.

In my case, I do need my 3 years of work experience to be eligible for the invitation that I received on Jan 4th (the draw was at 468 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp). I will complete my three years work experience only on February 11th, 2017. My points were at 462 until Jan 1st, 2017. Then it jumped to 473, 11 points were given for my 3-year work experience and for that reason, I received an ITA

Some suggest declining the invitation whereas some others suggest to accept it but submit the application once 3 years have been completed (in my case it will be February 11th).

What is the best way to deal with this situation? Has someone gone through this before? Did your application got approved/rejected?

Hoping to get some advice and clarification and may this thread help other who are or yet to come on this boat.

Other threads where there are some conflicting views:
Suggesting to Decline: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ita-reeceived-with-wrong-score-t451660.30.html
Suggesting to Accept: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-experience-points-awarded-before-the-actual-completion-of-the-year-t467824.0.html;msg5684329#msg5684329

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Conflicting Views: Express Entry points updated ahead of time

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017

There is certainly a thread on this forum where these additional points early transfer has been discussed. You need to dig deeply in the search results. Probably a thread sometime in 2015.

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016

DelPiero07 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
I think that answers the question :). Thank you for the link!

"Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

the Invitation to Apply (ITA) was issued; or
the e-APR was received by IRCC."

"the e-APR was received by IRCC." - is the time when one submits the application. For instance in my case if I submit it after Feb 11th (when I really am eligible for those points), everything should be good.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

peruchazhi said:
I think that answers the question :). Thank you for the link

"Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

the Invitation to Apply (ITA) was issued; or
the e-APR was received by IRCC."

"the e-APR was received by IRCC." - is the time when one submits the application so for instance in my case if I submit it after Feb 11th (when I really am eligible for those points), everything should be good.
That is correct. Also,

"At the time of the e-APR, processing officers should compare both CRS scores to determine which of the following scenarios should be applied:

If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply."

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016

sushsmart15 said:
There is certainly a thread on this forum where these additional points early transfer has been discussed. You need to dig deeply in the search results. Probably a thread sometime in 2015.
I tried sushsmart15 but couldn't find enough answers. I hope this will help others, as for sure more people eventually will see a similar situation.

If moderators find it to be a duplicating thread then they may delete it. I will update my status as a proof of whatever the outcome of this situation is.
- Got RCMP figure print done
- PCC from home country is in progress
- Medical appointment booked for next week.
- Intending to submit the application on Feb 13th or 16th

Super Exited!

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016

DelPiero07 said:
That is correct. Also,

"At the time of the e-APR, processing officers should compare both CRS scores to determine which of the following scenarios should be applied:

If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply."
Thank you very much!

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hi,

I am creating this thread in hopes of getting a clear understanding of the situation where some of you may have encountered or may encounter in future. I see that there are some conflicting views about EE system updating Work Experience points ahead of time - they calculate it based on months and not days - which will result in your Work Experience points being updated around 1 month in advance.

Example: At 1year and 11months, EE will give you points for 2 years.

In my case, I do need my 3 years of work experience to be eligible for the invitation that I received on Jan 4th (the draw was at 468 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp). I will complete my three years work experience only on February 11th, 2017. My points were at 462 until Jan 1st, 2017. Then it jumped to 473, 11 points were given for my 3-year work experience and for that reason, I received an ITA

Some suggest declining the invitation whereas some others suggest to accept it but submit the application once 3 years have been completed (in my case it will be February 11th).

What is the best way to deal with this situation? Has someone gone through this before? Did your application got approved/rejected?

Hoping to get some advice and clarification and may this thread help other who are or yet to come on this boat.

Other threads where there are some conflicting views:
Suggesting to Decline: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ita-reeceived-with-wrong-score-t451660.30.html
Suggesting to Accept: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-experience-points-awarded-before-the-actual-completion-of-the-year-t467824.0.html;msg5684329#msg5684329

Hi man, was wondering how your issue was resolved? Have you submitted the eAPR? got PR?