+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR

stealth1947

Sep 4, 2016
So my PR is almost complete, they sent me yesterday email that they need my photocopie of passport and 2 photos.

My question is about passport.

I already live in Canada now and Im from country that dont need canada visa (Germany) so they say that i need just send only photocopie of passport NOT original document.

Is that correct? How PR documet looks like? I always thought that it is sticker in your passport, but they only want photocopie.

applicant_2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
COPR is a separately printed paper of A4 size. The sticker visa is for those who have to send their pp (ex- India). But in either case - COPR is a separate doc.

Hope this helps !!!

stealth1947

Sep 4, 2016
Ok thx. And when they sent me this COPR document, what next? I will need go with this COPR to border to get PR in my passport? What about this plastic PR (that looks like driver license)? Do i need apply it separately later?

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Yes once you get the COPR, you need to go to the border and land. After you land, you will be sent a PR card (which looks like a driver license) which you will need if you want to return to Canada via air in the future.