+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Residence

goddrick

Oct 28, 2015
Hi,
i just received the CoPR by mail. (May 29/16)

First question is "where can i find the expiry date"? I see two dates:
Expiry date 2018/12/15 which is part of 'Personal details' and Valid to 2016/12/16 which is part of 'Application details'
Which one is the one when i have to land at the latest?

Second question.
I am already in Canada under an Open WP. I need to leave to France (where i am from) for two week for vacation. But i wont be receiving my PR card in time i think. Can i still re-enter canada without my PR card? should i wait to 'land as a PR resident' after i come back from France or should i do it now and hope it get issue to me before my trip?

thanks a lot for your help.
cheers.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
For both of your questions, if you do a search on this forum, you will find tons of replies. And I mean tons! Even you will find threats on Google.

1/ The expiry date is a year from your medical expiry date. Also you might have received an accompanying letter giving you the latest date for landing. Maybe they don't do that anymore.
2/ When are you planning to go to France? The PR card processing time is about two months now. It's best if you go to France and come back and land. Or if you want to land now, just stay in the country till you receive your card.

Best of luck,

goddrick

Oct 28, 2015
rezafc said:
For both of your questions, if you do a search on this forum, you will find tons of replies. And I mean tons! Even you will find threats on Google.

1/ The expiry date is a year from your medical expiry date. Also you might have received an accompanying letter giving you the latest date for landing. Maybe they don't do that anymore.
2/ When are you planning to go to France? The PR card processing time is about two months now. It's best if you go to France and come back and land. Or if you want to land now, just stay in the country till you receive your card.

Best of luck,
To be complete, I am planning to go July 8 and come back July 22. Like you say, I think I will wait until then to land and get the signature.
Thanks.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goddrick, based on what you have provided - here is what i can suggest.

1. along with your COPR, they would have stamped a PR Visa on your passport. this will be a single entry permanent resident visa. see what is the expiry date on that. that is the date you should land by.

2. assuming that the expiration date on your visa is after your 2 week vacation in france, you may look at the option of, not doing the landing immediatly - but rather go to france, and on your way back into canada, complete the landing. this way - you can still do your landing and also your vacation

3. you can choose to do your landing right away - but in which case, you will have to wait for the pr card to come in - before you can re-enter canada from outside - via a flight. if you choose to re-enter canada using the roadways, you do not need to have the pr card in your hand, your COPR will suffice.

all depends on your expiration date, please check that carefully

hope this helps
cecapplied
goddrick said:
Hi,
i just received the CoPR by mail. (May 29/16)

First question is "where can i find the expiry date"? I see two dates:
Expiry date 2018/12/15 which is part of 'Personal details' and Valid to 2016/12/16 which is part of 'Application details'
Which one is the one when i have to land at the latest?

Second question.
I am already in Canada under an Open WP. I need to leave to France (where i am from) for two week for vacation. But i wont be receiving my PR card in time i think. Can i still re-enter canada without my PR card? should i wait to 'land as a PR resident' after i come back from France or should i do it now and hope it get issue to me before my trip?

thanks a lot for your help.
cheers.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
cecapplied said:
Goddrick, based on what you have provided - here is what i can suggest.

1. along with your COPR, they would have stamped a PR Visa on your passport. this will be a single entry permanent resident visa. see what is the expiry date on that. that is the date you should land by.

2. assuming that the expiration date on your visa is after your 2 week vacation in france, you may look at the option of, not doing the landing immediatly - but rather go to france, and on your way back into canada, complete the landing. this way - you can still do your landing and also your vacation

3. you can choose to do your landing right away - but in which case, you will have to wait for the pr card to come in - before you can re-enter canada from outside - via a flight. if you choose to re-enter canada using the roadways, you do not need to have the pr card in your hand, your COPR will suffice.

all depends on your expiration date, please check that carefully

hope this helps
cecapplied
France is a visa exempt country, Goddrick will not have a single use PR visa stamped into his passport...

Jean1

Jan 14, 2016
Does anyone know where the nearest port of entry to the USA from Edmonton(Alberta)... I have to land asap please. 2) Do I need a us visa to get out and in. Please let me know.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jean1 said:
Does anyone know where the nearest port of entry to the USA from Edmonton(Alberta)... I have to land asap please. 2) Do I need a us visa to get out and in. Please let me know.
You can go either Carway or Coutts border, you don't need US visa just tell the officer you will do landing (flag pole) as a permanent resident.

goddrick

Oct 28, 2015
adaytoremember said:
France is a visa exempt country, Goddrick will not have a single use PR visa stamped into his passport...
That is correct. I don't have a PR visa on my passport. They did not ask my passport.
Adaytoremember, do you think I can reenter Canada without the PR card if I do land right now?
Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
goddrick said:
That is correct. I don't have a PR visa on my passport. They did not ask my passport.
Adaytoremember, do you think I can reenter Canada without the PR card if I do land right now?
Thanks.
Yes, you will be able to return to Canada without the PR card in July. Do not inform the airline about your PR status, as the airline may refuse to board you without the PR card. You would need to travel as if you are a visitor.

Chlo224

Jun 8, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, you will be able to return to Canada without the PR card in July. Do not inform the airline about your PR status, as the airline may refuse to board you without the PR card. You would need to travel as if you are a visitor.
I am in the same situation as Goddrick. So, does that mean you can do the landing now and leave for a vacation outside of the country before receiving the PR card? Is the border officer going to let him re-enter without the PR card though?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Chlo224 said:
I am in the same situation as Goddrick. So, does that mean you can do the landing now and leave for a vacation outside of the country before receiving the PR card? Is the border officer going to let him re-enter without the PR card though?
Yes, someone can leave before getting their PR card. Visa-exempt people can return without the PR card before Sept 29th. After the 29th, a PRTD will be required.

The PR card is not required for entry.