4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
suva said:
2 years conditional visa followed by interviews for both sponsor and sponsored person will solve the problem. staying together for 2 years is more satisfying than expensive trips, registered phone calls, money transaction receipts etc. under current rule many genuine couple(specially from 3rd world countries) face troubles because they dont have enough proofs. some dont have enough money arrange ceremonies, some get married against the will of the family members., some just dont keep records of their relationship.. all these raise red flags and eventually they get refused or have to wait 2+ years to get through. so if they stay together successfully for few years then its easy to call them genuine couples with less hassles.
I haven't read anywhere that CIC expects conditional visas to actually speed up the process, but that SHOULD be a result if the VO assessing an application can give a "yes" to uncertain cases, knowing that the 2-year period allows corrective action.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
freya999 said:
So what you say is we shall all be titled as "Conditional", facing a uncertain furture just because some of us disappear in the airport, and you really think 2 years is gonna stop the abuse?
You know what? it's just easier to pass the burden to CBSA when the the PR has to be revoked, and good luck to deport people who frauded to enter.
Well, if you think the proposal is not going to work, do you prefer the current system, or do you have a better alternative to suggest?

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
I don't see how this would be a problem for legitimate couples. I would love to see a box to check for longer relationships so that CIC could see right away that they have been together for longer. I think that couples that haven't been together for a long time should be looked at differently than those of us that have been together for 5+ years and the wait time should reflect that for PR. If the two main things CIC are looking for are clean criminal backgrounds and the legitimateness of the relationship than people that have longer term realtionships should take less time to process.

Queenyvzla

Oct 11, 2011
CARACAS
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
AOR Received.
January 2012
File Transfer...
December 2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Hope soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
Hope soon
::) hello! this option is only for people who live already in canada? well i read i just want to know for sure.......

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
I don't see how this would be a problem for legitimate couples. I would love to see a box to check for longer relationships so that CIC could see right away that they have been together for longer. I think that couples that haven't been together for a long time should be looked at differently than those of us that have been together for 5+ years and the wait time should reflect that for PR. If the two main things CIC are looking for are clean criminal backgrounds and the legitimateness of the relationship than people that have longer term realtionships should take less time to process.
That is already in the proposed Regulations. Only couples married or in a common-law relationship for less than 2 years will be subject to these new rules, if they do become law.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
And ... in a summery I read somewhere (I've got to start noting my sources), the condition is "automatically" removed if the couple is still together two years after landing. If this is true, then CIC will presumably not be checking on the couple two years later. And if this is indeed true, then how does CIC learn about those relationships that ended before the two-year period?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
toby said:
And ... in a summery I read somewhere
Sorry, I meant "summary". I've really got to start editing before sending these messages.

Bilaldxb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
Any one that has a problem with this law, then your trying to do a MOC...

What's the problem with living with ur husband or wife for more then 2 year if it's a true marriage then it's not a problem.

And if you do break up with ur husband or wife before the 2 years go back to our country.

Thank you

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bilaldxb said:

What's the problem with living with ur husband or wife for more then 2 year if it's a true marriage then it's not a problem.

And if you do break up with ur husband or wife before the 2 years go back to our country.

Thank you
I agree

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Hi guys....

I am kind of confused about this proposed rule regarding conditional sponsorship. Anyone can enlighten me? ;)

My questions are:

1. The proposed new rule states that if a couple has been in a "relationship" for 2 years or less, then the sponsored spouse will get a conditional permanent resident visa. What does "relationship" mean in this context? Dating or marriage?

2. For a couple that's been in the relationship for 2 or more years (again, I am not sure whether "relationship" means dating (leading to marriage) or marriage), I guess it's in their best interest to prove to the CIC that they've been together for more than 2 years, so that the sponsored spouse won't have to go through the conditional visa stage. The big question is: how do we even prove it? To prove a marriage took place more than 2 years ago, that's very easy.....we just have to show the marriage certificate, which obviously does have a date on it. But what about dating? More often than not, usually there is no written document that shows the exact date the sponsor started a romantic relationship with the sponsored spouse :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bilaldxb said:

Thank you
So simple? What if you have a child in those two years and the Canadian spouse won't let you leave with the child? You are just supposed to leave your child? No problem with that?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fandv said:
Hi guys....

I am kind of confused about this proposed rule regarding conditional sponsorship. Anyone can enlighten me? ;)

My questions are:

1. The proposed new rule states that if a couple has been in a "relationship" for 2 years or less, then the sponsored spouse will get a conditional permanent resident visa. What does "relationship" mean in this context? Dating or marriage?

2. For a couple that's been in the relationship for 2 or more years (again, I am not sure whether "relationship" means dating (leading to marriage) or marriage), I guess it's in their best interest to prove to the CIC that they've been together for more than 2 years, so that the sponsored spouse won't have to go through the conditional visa stage. The big question is: how do we even prove it? To prove a marriage took place more than 2 years ago, that's very easy.....we just have to show the marriage certificate, which obviously does have a date on it. But what about dating? More often than not, usually there is no written document that shows the exact date the sponsor started a romantic relationship with the sponsored spouse :)
It would be date of marriage or date cohabitation began. Dating doesn't count.

Bilaldxb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
rjessome said:
So simple? What if you have a child in those two years and the Canadian spouse won't let you leave with the child? You are just supposed to leave your child? No problem with that?
That will be different, it's a case by case.
But if you move to Canada and after 1 year you break , then u should move back from where u came from.
Case closed.

Not like that indaian girl that moved to Canada after 1 week she leaves here husband and moves in with her uncle and wants to stay in Canada because she wants to study.
I'm sorry that's bullshit, she wanted to study in Canada in the first place she just didn't want to pay high international student fees.

The HIGHEST MOC is in india and china and guess what there step 2 processing times are the lowest 6 months only.

Bilaldxb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
rjessome said:
But if you move to Canada and after 1 year you break , then u should move back from where u came from.
Case closed.

Not like that indaian girl that moved to Canada after 1 week she leaves here husband and moves in with her uncle and wants to stay in Canada because she wants to study.
I'm sorry that's bullshit, she wanted to study in Canada in the first place she just didn't want to pay high international student fees.

The HIGHEST MOC is in india and china and guess what there step 2 processing times are the lowest 6 months only.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Bilaldxb said:
Case closed.
Right. You break up (before a year in your books) and must return to your country, case closed.

Oh, except for the circumstances you commented on above which you think should be an exception.

Stop drawing lines in the sand! Having children, a great job that you love - or one of the other million reasons why someone wouldn't want to "go back where u came from" are why it's 100%, totally NOT cased closed dude.

I'm not really for or against the conditional visa...I can see both the good and the bad. I am just sooo against people shouting "go back to your own country" over and over and over again. It's just so lame.

Lynn