+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditional PR(spousal PR)

Gizz

Jun 5, 2018
Please help me-
I came to canada on 2016 as a spouse( 2 years of co habitation conditional PR) but my wife did not show up in the airport though she was suppose to come as per our phone conversation.2 weeks later of arriving got a latter from cic asking proof of residing together while i was still trying to find n reach her over the phone n every other way to reach her but no luck.few months latter got a divorce latter with a false date of separation.after dat went to a lawyer seeking for help he told this is nothing but a trap to cancel your pr or deport u,she did not comply to make the condition happen .today after 2 years my pr it is still under investigation cic says.please help me what i have to do next i hv no 1 to help or guide here fighting my own battle all alone. When investigation will end ?can my pr be revoked based on the condition of 2 years co havitation which is no more applicable now a days.will i lose my pr? Can i apply for citizenship as i will be eligible because of staying 3 years in canada with pr.my whole life is full of mass now.she is fine with her life n keep changing her boyfriends.heard from people she is not a good girl she is used to with free mixing with boys saw some proof as well.i din want to write it here but for the sake of gud n appropriate advice had to share.please help

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Well you lied and cic can find out. Chances are your pr will get revoked

Reactions: canadaVisa10

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Please help me-
I came to canada on 2016 as a spouse( 2 years of co habitation conditional PR) but my wife did not show up in the airport though she was suppose to come as per our phone conversation.2 weeks later of arriving got a latter from cic asking proof of residing together while i was still trying to find n reach her over the phone n every other way to reach her but no luck.few months latter got a divorce latter with a false date of separation.after dat went to a lawyer seeking for help he told this is nothing but a trap to cancel your pr or deport u,she did not comply to make the condition happen .today after 2 years my pr it is still under investigation cic says.please help me what i have to do next i hv no 1 to help or guide here fighting my own battle all alone. When investigation will end ?can my pr be revoked based on the condition of 2 years co havitation which is no more applicable now a days.will i lose my pr? Can i apply for citizenship as i will be eligible because of staying 3 years in canada with pr.my whole life is full of mass now.she is fine with her life n keep changing her boyfriends.heard from people she is not a good girl she is used to with free mixing with boys saw some proof as well.i din want to write it here but for the sake of gud n appropriate advice had to share.please help
If you are already under investigation, it's impossible to tell what you are facing. Apply for your GCMS notes and see if you can find out. If you are eligible to apply for citizenship, why not try it. Then you will find out what your status is and not have to keep worrying.

Reactions: Gizz

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
I'm a bit confused as this law firm post seems to imply that the cohabitation condition was abolished last year and that investigations into breaches of the condition prior to abolition were discontinued. I'd perhaps speak to a lawyer again, particularly if you last spoke to them 2 years ago.

"With the repeal, any case currently under investigation for non-compliance with the cohabitation condition has ceased following this repeal."

https://borderslawfirm.com/conditional-permanent-residence-for-spouses-and-partners-eliminated/

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm a bit confused as this law firm post seems to imply that the cohabitation condition was abolished last year and that investigations into breaches of the condition prior to abolition were discontinued. I'd perhaps speak to a lawyer again, particularly if you last spoke to them 2 years ago.

"With the repeal, any case currently under investigation for non-compliance with the cohabitation condition has ceased following this repeal."

https://borderslawfirm.com/conditional-permanent-residence-for-spouses-and-partners-eliminated/
Broadly speaking, that is correct. However the investigation in the OP's case may not simply be a Condition 51 case. They may be investigating misrepresentation or "Marriage of Convenience", for example. Maybe the OP should involve a competent lawyer (again)?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I would expect if the OPs PR status is under investigation a citizenship application would be held until the investigation is completed.

Gizz

Jun 5, 2018
If you are already under investigation, it's impossible to tell what you are facing. Apply for your GCMS notes and see if you can find out. If you are eligible to apply for citizenship, why not try it. Then you will find out what your status is and not have to keep worrying.
Thanx a brother for your suggestion ,greatful to u.can u tell me how will i go about GCMS notes how to do that....?

Gizz

Jun 5, 2018

Yea bro u r right ,probally now they are investigating the marriage or misrepresentation,but its already over 2years when it will finish ?how long they usualy take ?any suggestion based on similam true story

Gizz

Jun 5, 2018
Broadly speaking, that is correct. However the investigation in the OP's case may not simply be a Condition 51 case. They may be investigating misrepresentation or "Marriage of Convenience", for example. Maybe the OP should involve a competent lawyer (again)?
Brother waht is op?yeas they probably investigating other thing than co habitation .but how long they take to come to an conclusion

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Brother waht is op?yeas they probably investigating other thing than co habitation .but how long they take to come to an conclusion
Original Poster == you.

Gizz

Jun 5, 2018
Can u pleas suggest who will be the best lawyer in that case or how will i knw this is good law yer