+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

condition 51 on my COPR

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
thanks guys for the replies.

tink23 said:
Moving to a new country is difficult. It is also equally difficult on the sponsor who may be used to being independent and all of a sudden they have someone completely dependent on them.
Not to mention, all this stuff about condition 51 is in the application, so your partner is most likely already aware of this.
not really, he was married before for 10 years, got divorced, soon met me and it all started. He is used and has no problem of supporting anyone. The problem is his sudden anger that he doesn`t want to treat somehow. I try to be as quiet and nice as possible, even my mom was shocked how good I treat him when she arrived to stay for a month.
We read about that condition together on CIC website, it stated something like "2 years or less together" and I was over 2 years living with him, so we both assumed that i don`t have to worry about that condition, but I saw it in my COPR and was surprised.

we submitted application as outland (I was living here in Canada on study permit with my husband all this time 2,5 years before application).

I talked to my mom and grandmom and they said not to take his words seriously and close to heart because it`s been going on since we started living together 3 years ago and nothing bad ever happened. They told me some people can`t think what they say when they are really angry and that it doesn`t mean they will actually will do something they say.

All is good now but I still will go to the lawyer one day and just ask can my husband take away the kid if I work and capable of giving good life.

I`m waiting for the CIC call me back for the appointment, meanwhile we go on vacation sep 13-27.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
canadaukr said:
I talked to my mom and grandmom and they said not to take his words seriously and close to heart because it`s been going on since we started living together 3 years ago and nothing bad ever happened. They told me some people can`t think what they say when they are really angry and that it doesn`t mean they will actually will do something they say.
If that is so, then you should have no problems telling him about Condition 51. Trust me, honesty is the best policy and makes for a strong relationship. Hiding things always hurt a relationship.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
canadaukr said:
thanks guys for the replies.

not really, he was married before for 10 years, got divorced, soon met me and it all started. He is used and has no problem of supporting anyone. The problem is his sudden anger that he doesn`t want to treat somehow. I try to be as quiet and nice as possible, even my mom was shocked how good I treat him when she arrived to stay for a month.
We read about that condition together on CIC website, it stated something like "2 years or less together" and I was over 2 years living with him, so we both assumed that i don`t have to worry about that condition, but I saw it in my COPR and was surprised.

we submitted application as outland (I was living here in Canada on study permit with my husband all this time 2,5 years before application).

All is good now but I still will go to the lawyer one day and just ask can my husband take away the kid if I work and capable of giving good life.

I`m waiting for the CIC call me back for the appointment, meanwhile we go on vacation sep 13-27.

Your copr has an expiry date. If you don't land before it expires you'll have to start over. The office will give you availability but on their terms not your expiration date. They can take months to get an appointment set up.

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
my COPR expires mid Feb 2015. if I can`t get to cic office within 1,5 months I will drive to US border to flag pole myself because I`m eager to go to work.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better option is that yr husband treat his mental disorder. How u describe here,it looks like that he has some breakdowns,and if that is the fact,it is a very big problem. Now because of this issue,tomorrow because something else.

Are u sure u want to have children with somebody like that? All mental disorders are genetic. ???

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
Trust is the core thing in any relation. So, please sit down together and talk, take him into confidence, because you are going to start a new chapter of your lives. This will also help you in overcoming the fear of losing.. wish you good luck :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
condition 51 is the biggest most inconvenient thing ever for normal relationships during this process.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
condition 51 is the biggest most inconvenient thing ever for normal relationships during this process.
How? "Normal" relationships would have no care for condition 51. My wife has condition 51. It has absolutely no impact on us.

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
I don't get it - is this a joke? Having my husband live with me for 2 years after landing seems like a pretty normal thing to do. Living apart from each other was much more inconvenient.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
keesio said:
How? "Normal" relationships would have no care for condition 51. My wife has condition 51. It has absolutely no impact on us.
In my opinion, condition 51 has no impact on those who believe in the relationship. Any one who are concerned by condition 51 may have ulterior motives. Otherwise, what's the concern?

Screech339

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
Maybe you could elaborate on this as it confuses me and I don't want to misunderstand the meaning behind your statement.

My husband and I cannot wait to live together and those 2 years don't have any effect on our marriage. I would find it's the most inconvenient thing for someone trying to scam the system who doesn't actually want to be with their spouse. :(

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
I want to be with my spouse and our relationship is real. I just cannot be sure what comes to his head tomorrow and devoting so much time, a year of waiting there and 2 years living together here and effort and finding my new home here in Canada being returned back in case he decides to punish me if he decides to ruin it all because of his anger and lie that it wasn`t real though all of our friends know here it`s more than real....well it feels not fair. I just think ahead, they would better put us on a Polygraph (lie detector) during sponsorship process, found out it was real and let us live with peace. Marriages between citizens fall apart - it happens - but if such marriage fall apart then it is just unfair what can be. I try my hardest for him and love him but it will be 10 times more painful if he desides tomorrow he wants out of relationship and I have to go home where I sold my 2 apartments that I owned, now there`s nothing left there.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaukr said:
I want to be with my spouse and our relationship is real. I just cannot be sure what comes to his head tomorrow and devoting so much time, a year of waiting there and 2 years living together here and effort and finding my new home here in Canada being returned back in case he decides to punish me if he decides to ruin it all because of his anger and lie that it wasn`t real though all of our friends know here it`s more than real....well it feels not fair. I just think ahead, they would better put us on a Polygraph (lie detector) during sponsorship process, found out it was real and let us live with peace. Marriages between citizens fall apart - it happens - but if such marriage fall apart then it is just unfair what can be. I try my hardest for him and love him but it will be 10 times more painful if he desides tomorrow he wants out of relationship and I have to go home where I sold my 2 apartments that I owned, now there`s nothing left there.
I am sorry to hear your concerns. But this is Canada, THEIR country, so the benefits given to Canadian must outweight foreigners. Sometimes life is not fair and we just have to accept. Wishing you a happy family life. And no worries, there are options for you to stay if you are abused by your husband. Condition 51 is meant to create win-win situation for everyone, not only the sponsors.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
I am sorry to hear your concerns. But this is Canada, THEIR country, so the benefits given to Canadian must outweight foreigners. Sometimes life is not fair and we just have to accept. Wishing you a happy family life. And no worries, there are options for you to stay if you are abused by your husband. Condition 51 is meant to create win-win situation for everyone, not only the sponsors.
You do realize that condition 51 clause rule apply across the board to both PR holders and Canadians.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ninirae said:
Maybe you could elaborate on this as it confuses me and I don't want to misunderstand the meaning behind your statement.

My husband and I cannot wait to live together and those 2 years don't have any effect on our marriage. I would find it's the most inconvenient thing for someone trying to scam the system who doesn't actually want to be with their spouse. :(
Simply because we have been in a relationship for 3 years and lived for 2 years before even applying (technically 1 year due to the stupid rule). This In-land process is the WORST experience ever due to the long processing times, we just want it all to be over. Now the FACT after ALL OF THIS and when I do get my PR its some kind of stupid Temporary Permanent Residence and its not even the official PR. We then have to wait a FURTHER 2 years before I get my REAL PR status, what a joke.