20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaukr said:
ok...then I will "forget" my COPR when going to Mexico and use for entering Canada my study permit and TRV (valid until November) and then set an appointment with CIC office in Edmonton and "land" there myself...
It seems that you are making every effort to hide your conditional 51 from your spouse every way you can. The spouse is going to know one way or another. You can bet that your spouse will want to see your new COPR and will see the conditional 51 on it.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
This sounds more like a case of "once I get that landed paper i'm out of here" and she is hoping that he won't know enough to call CIC and have her PR revoked.

To the OP, if this is not the case, then seriously, you need to think long and hard about your relationship. For you to intentionally do this and want to 'hide' this information from your spousal sponsor sends up more red flags than you can possibly imagine.

The alarm bells in my head are so loud right now I can hardly think. LOL

M

mikeymyke

If you're in a loving relationship, Condition 51 means absolutely nothing, as the 2 years will pass while you're living out your lives, and it doesn't really affect your life in any major way. If you're not in a loving relationship where you really distrust your partner and he's threatening you, why don't you just divorce him and return to the Ukraine? Why would you put yourself through 2 years of hell and a living a lie just to get PR?

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
Guys, I`m not going to divorce or run away, we are planning a baby early next year, I`m more than well taken care of.
We live together almost 3 years and it`s just a start, know each other over 4 years.

He doesn`t know what is COPR and never seen and and doesn`t know it arrives with immigrant visa, he just seen my passport.

I just don`t want him to say things he used to say (if we fight) before when I was on TRV (yes, multi) and study permit, it was hurtful to hear and if he doesn`t know about condition he will never say those things again. Thank you for your replies, I called CIC and they are setting appointment for me in CIC office.

ayayombo

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
24-02-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
This is creepy!

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Regardless of whether you decide to tell him at this point or not (though I'm with the majority and think a healthy relationship is an honest one), make sure to keep additional proof of fulfilling the condition. When my husband landed, the officer told him that we need to be ready to prove to CIC that we did indeed live 2 years together after his landing date. She wasn't sure if we would be asked, but just in case. So eventually he may find out anyway.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
canadaukr said:
Guys, I`m not going to divorce or run away, we are planning a baby early next year, I`m more than well taken care of.
We live together almost 3 years and it`s just a start, know each other over 4 years.

He doesn`t know what is COPR and never seen and and doesn`t know it arrives with immigrant visa, he just seen my passport.

I just don`t want him to say things he used to say (if we fight) before when I was on TRV (yes, multi) and study permit, it was hurtful to hear and if he doesn`t know about condition he will never say those things again. Thank you for your replies, I called CIC and they are setting appointment for me in CIC office.
Then my suggestion, take it for what it's worth.

You and he need to get some sort of counseling. Your 'family' should NEVER treat you like that. If they do, then something is awry somewhere. You should look into the anger issues probably before a baby is brought into the situation, because that will be the next 'item' on his list to 'hurt' you with.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt until she mentioned her plan to go out of her way to hide the Condition 51 status from her partner.

Basically this relationship is shakier than the Jays' chances of making the playoffs. You have one person who verbally abuses and threatens his partner (assuming the OP is truthful here) and then you have the other partner go out of her way to hide information and deceive him. Not exactly a stable foundation here.

M

mikeymyke

Well if someone threatens and abuses you, the first thing they should do is leave. Forget trying to work it out. Someone who abuses you once, will do it again and again, especially if you permit it to continue by not doing anything about it. And clearly, this guy did threaten her again and again, as she mentioned.

I think the OP is clearly more concerned about keeping her PR than anything else. If she was already a PR, she would've just as easily left him, remain as PR, and take half his assets, seeing as how she mentions he's always financially supporting her family, he seems to be the breadwinner therefore, she will stand to take a lot from a potential divorce settlement. But of course, she can't leave him now, because she will lose her PR.

I know the situation in Ukraine sucks, and it's nowhere near as high a standard of living as Canada, but at some point you have to put your dignity above everything else.

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
I can`t imagine leaving someone I love...today happened a talk that blew my mind away..I am shocked, maybe it`s ok but I can`t get it...

He said one day he may leave if we fight...I said that this makes me frightened to have kids with him because if he leaves one day! he said "don`t worry I will take the kid with me" ....

I am speechless. I hope nobody can take a kid from mother. I feel hurt a lot to be honest and scared.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Well, just keep in mind: he might not find out about condition 51, but IF you have a baby, he could start using the baby to threaten you... what if every time you guys had a disagreement, he threatened to take your baby and leave? Isn't that even worse than what he is threatening you with now? If he's the kind of person to make his wife/partner hurt and be scared, he will do it anyway... regardless of whether or not he knows about condition 51. He can always find something else to shock and hurt you with.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Listen,

All yr story is so strange."he loves me,I love him,but if we fight,I don't want to hear bad words from him".
There is no such a thing.when people live together,there have good and bad moments as well.
U thinking to much ahead. Just step by step. Don't measure every word he said.

If u love him as you say,there is no problem.
Who knows what will be in 1 month ,10 months,5 years?

Think the best,be happy cause u ll have PR,enjoy the life. Learn to enjoy the life,if u didn't till now.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
This sounds like it is off to a great start. Moving to a new country is difficult. It is also equally difficult on the sponsor who may be used to being independent and all of a sudden they have someone completely dependent on them. If both of you aren't able to support and lean on one another, then you should seriously reconsider this.
Not to mention, all this stuff about condition 51 is in the application, so your partner is most likely already aware of this.

Good luck, because you will need it.

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canadaukr said:
ok...then I will "forget" my COPR when going to Mexico and use for entering Canada my study permit and TRV (valid until November) and then set an appointment with CIC office in Edmonton and "land" there myself...
Your sponsor will have to go with you if you land at CIC, Edmonton. I had to go with the wife when she landed.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
JRPW said:
Your sponsor will have to go with you if you land at CIC, Edmonton. I had to go with the wife when she landed.
It depends on the OP. If they submitted the application inland, then the spouse will know as the spouse is required to be in attendance at the applicant's landing interview.

However if the OP submitted the application outland, then the OP can land without the spouse in present.

Screech339