+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abacus28

Newbie
Aug 11, 2026
5
0
Hi all, I am wondering what is a normal processing timeline for PRTD H&C application. I submitted mine in mid August and got a response in less than a week asking to submit all pages of my passport. I did so using a webform where I re-attached my H&C request letter as well. A couple of weeks later, I added an additional new document to substantiate my H&C request using another webform. It has now been a while and I am curious about what is a reasonable waiting time before I get a decision. I am more worried because I have a little less than only 9 months remaining until the completion of 5 years of my permanent residence.
 
Last edited:
Hi all, I am wondering what is a normal processing timeline for PRTD H&C application. I submitted mine in mid August and got a response in less than a week asking to submit all pages of my passport. I did so using a webform where I re-attached my H&C request letter as well. A couple of weeks later, I added an additional new document to substantiate my H&C request using another webform. It has now been a while and I am curious about what is a reasonable waiting time before I get a decision. I am more worried because I have a little less than only 9 months remaining until the completion of 5 years of my permanent residence.
H&C apps and processing times are quite unpredictable. It really can depend on the reasons and the circumstances, and sometimes also the office where submitted. Some can be done in a few months and others substantially longer.

It /might/ help here if you provide some info on background of your app (how much time in Canada, where are you, length time away, the reasons you cited), but it's still not likely to give you a good estimate of how long it will take.
 
I barely have any presence in Canada in the last 4 years due to multiple back to back situations that happened in my life.
I have explained everything in my H&C letter - starting with my father's illness and death, family responsibilities, to my medical diagnoses, procedures and treatments. I have attached several documents substantiating these occurrences.