+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concern about eligibility and proof of contact

ignorance19

Jan 29, 2019
Hi,

I have some concerns on my case that I'd like to ask for your evaluation:

1. Eligibility: There is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship, however, they still ask for it. I have just arrived in Canada and I'm working as a freelancer with a modest income. Should I be worried about my eligibility and how could I strengthen it?

2. Proof of contact: My husband and I have been married for +10 years. We have 2 daughters, one is here already in Canada with me. I really want to sponsor my husband and my second child. For proof of contact, are they asking for only the time we are not together (since I left for Canada) or during our history? We did not sent a lot of messages, though, we mostly made video calls and talk. How could I strengthen my case?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have some concerns on my case that I'd like to ask for your evaluation:

1. Eligibility: There is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship, however, they still ask for it. I have just arrived in Canada and I'm working as a freelancer with a modest income (CAD 1500). Should I be worried about my eligibility and how could I strengthen it?

2. Proof of contact: My husband and I have been married for +10 years. We have 2 daughters, one is here already in Canada with me. I really want to sponsor my husband and my second child. For proof of contact, are they asking for only the time we are not together (since I left for Canada) or during our history? We did not sent a lot of messages, though, we mostly made video calls and talk. How could I strengthen my case?

Thank you.
1. You only need to explain how you will support your spouse without the need for social assistance. You do not have to have any minimum income.

2. Document whatever you have and submit that to IRCC. If you don't have much, you can't really change that.

But...I just saw your old post from Sep 21, 2021:
Hi,
I just wonder if anyone here has been able to courier pr card overseas via DHL. I did my landing in Feb 2020 and went back to my home country for some more months, intending to go back but got stuck because of COVID.

I have intention to go back within a month so I asked my relative in Canada to post in via DHL. Today I tracked the status and DHL status is "packaged seizes". Does that mean the card was seized by Canadian custom? It was sent on the 19th.

If it was seized, in this case what should I do? Thanks for any input.
You said [then] that you had been married for 10+ years. Did you NOT include, or add, your spouse and child in your application back then when you landed as a PR? If not, were they listed as non-accompanying?

ignorance19

Jan 29, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did include my spouse as non-accompanying, and the children got PR, but only one came.