+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complicated case - looking for the BEST lawyer!

KatiePeters

Feb 21, 2016
Hi everyone!

I am planning to apply for a study permit and PR through Express Entry. However, I have previously overstayed in Canada so I need a good lawyer who specializes in complicated cases and who has a good success rate.

Please, post the names of good lawyers/law firms down below.

I am considering MKS firm in Vancouver or Bellissimo Law Group in Toronto but I am not sure which one to choose...

Looking forward to your suggestions :)

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
I think you are on the site of a good lawyer, you might consider them as well ;)

KatiePeters

Feb 21, 2016
BC4life said:
I think you are on the site of a good lawyer, you might consider them as well ;)
It didn't occur to me that it was a website of a law firm until I read your reply Thank you, I'll look them up now :D

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
KatiePeters said:
Hi everyone!

I am planning to apply for a study permit and PR through Express Entry. However, I have previously overstayed in Canada so I need a good lawyer who specializes in complicated cases and who has a good success rate.

Please, post the names of good lawyers/law firms down below.

I am considering MKS firm in Vancouver or Bellissimo Law Group in Toronto but I am not sure which one to choose...

Looking forward to your suggestions :)
IMO Lawyer or no lawyer, it's not a very good idea to apply for both Study permit and PR together. Most likely the study permit will be rejected.

KatiePeters

Feb 21, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
IMO Lawyer or no lawyer, it's not a very good idea to apply for both Study permit and PR together. Most likely the study permit will be rejected.
I won't be applying simultaneously, I will apply for a study permit now and wait until it's approved. By that time I will hopefully have LMIA and will submit my PR Express Entry application. Sorry I didn't make it clear in the original post :)

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
KatiePeters said:
I recently had an interaction with Bellissimo (potential employer paid for a consult re: work visa with them). RUN FAR AWAY fro Bellissimo. They:
Wanted far too much money ($3500 vs $1000-$1200 for a visa from similar lawyers)
Were slow to get back to me
Were evasive on what services were actually being supplied for the fee, to the point I believe they were trying to mislead me

KatiePeters

Feb 21, 2016
TheMaze said:
I recently had an interaction with Bellissimo (potential employer paid for a consult re: work visa with them). RUN FAR AWAY fro Bellissimo. They:
Wanted far too much money ($3500 vs $1000-$1200 for a visa from similar lawyers)
Were slow to get back to me
Were evasive on what services were actually being supplied for the fee, to the point I believe they were trying to mislead me
Thank you for the advice! I will stay away from that firm.

Did you end up finding another lawyer?

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
While I did not end up hiring them (employer hired one without my involvement) I had phone interactions with the two below and would have been willing to hire either. Additionally, a friend used them successfully:
Matthews Global Immigration Law
226-289-0944
650 Colborne St., Suite 200
London, Ontario N6A 5A1

Jurmain Law Office
905-227-2829
8A Clairmont St
Thorold, ON L2V 1R1

I will say that both my and my friend's cases were straightforward - I do not know any details on their ability to handle oddball cases, however they were both pleasant to deal with and got back to me quickly. Matthews Global Immigration - they have been exceptionally responsive to me (not that Jurmain is unresponsive, but Matthews went above and beyond)

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might want to consider these guys... they are in Calgary tho..

http://www.sharmaharsanyi.com/

I went to a local lawyer office close to my apartment to ask a few questions about immigration but they said they couldn't answer my question as they were not immigration lawyers. They referred me to this firm even though they are not affiliated with it..

As others have said if your case is not super complicated don't go to lawyers but if it is, you should absolutely seek for professional help.

Just my 2 cents

KatiePeters

Feb 21, 2016
TheMaze said:
While I did not end up hiring them (employer hired one without my involvement) I had phone interactions with the two below and would have been willing to hire either. Additionally, a friend used them successfully:
Matthews Global Immigration Law
226-289-0944
650 Colborne St., Suite 200
London, Ontario N6A 5A1

Jurmain Law Office
905-227-2829
8A Clairmont St
Thorold, ON L2V 1R1

I will say that both my and my friend's cases were straightforward - I do not know any details on their ability to handle oddball cases, however they were both pleasant to deal with and got back to me quickly. Matthews Global Immigration - they have been exceptionally responsive to me (not that Jurmain is unresponsive, but Matthews went above and beyond)
Thank you, I will contact them and ask if they'll be able to work on my case :)

KatiePeters

Feb 21, 2016
Hansdza said:
You might want to consider these guys... they are in Calgary tho..

http://www.sharmaharsanyi.com/

I went to a local lawyer office close to my apartment to ask a few questions about immigration but they said they couldn't answer my question as they were not immigration lawyers. They referred me to this firm even though they are not affiliated with it..

As others have said if your case is not super complicated don't go to lawyers but if it is, you should absolutely seek for professional help.

Just my 2 cents
Thank you for the reply :) I think in my case I must hire a lawyer as it definitely isn't a straighforward one..

dimpu

Jun 14, 2016
I contacted for my brother's h$c process with bellissimo group n they told me the charges of $6500

sadeb

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
16-07-2017
Ronald poulton on 596 st Clair ave west ,toronto is really good. He dealt with some tough cases just google him.