+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completed Soft landing but PR address not taken by officer

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

Me and my wife have completed soft landing using Detroit Windsor Tunnel yesterday around 2pm EST. Could anyone kindly share your experience on how to proceed with the below scenarios:

1.) Canada side Officer did not happen to take my friends address to send my PR cards could someone please tell me how to update the address?
2.) US side officer did not stamp on our passports but our i94's got updated yesterday with new entry dates. There was no secondary inspection done at the US side, Will this be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi,

Me and my wife have completed soft landing using Detroit Windsor Tunnel yesterday around 2pm EST. Could anyone kindly share your experience on how to proceed with the below scenarios:

1.) Canada side Officer did not happen to take my friends address to send my PR cards could someone please tell me how to update the address?
2.) US side officer did not stamp on our passports but our i94's got updated yesterday with new entry dates. There was no secondary inspection done at the US side, Will this be a problem?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Can you provide an update on what you did about the PR cards? Since your address wasn't taken, how did apply for the PR card?

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
Yeah, same with me. Its not needed. You can apply the temporary card for flying to Canada and can cross a land border just on the basis of COPR attached in the passport. I was told to apply for it when I move permanently via change of address form to IRCC.

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
I know someone
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
I know someone who had the exact same experience as you at the Detroit border. He was also told by the border officer to update address once he moves permanently. He then checked with a law firm and they confirmed there is no such legal precedence that allows the border officer to refuse to take the address and that he should just call CIC and provide them with the address where he wants the PR card to be sent. He did that and the CIC people on the phone did not ask any questions and his card was sent to him by mail.

MukeshN

Oct 25, 2021
H
I know someone

I know someone who had the exact same experience as you at the Detroit border. He was also told by the border officer to update address once he moves permanently. He then checked with a law firm and they confirmed there is no such legal precedence that allows the border officer to refuse to take the address and that he should just call CIC and provide them with the address where he wants the PR card to be sent. He did that and the CIC people on the phone did not ask any questions and his card was sent to him by mail.

Hello, I am in the same boat! Could you please help me know how did your friend contact CIC to provide the address for PR. I tried webform and I am getting generic response & further I tried using Address notification page but it doesnt identify me. Thanks in advance!